Vichy Teint Ideal Compact Powder

No Image

1.0

1 review

Ick, this is not a good foundation powder at all unfortunately. I do not have sensitive skin, and do not usually have issues with powders. This was awful. Sad to say. The powder is a light coverage, but it was still nice coverage. It had a satin finish, not dewy but not matte. It claims to have a velvety, semi matte texture. I do agree with the 'velvety' claim. Maybe not matte though. I was shiny within hours. However, it also clung to my dry patches. Which, is not necessarily unexpected for a powder, but this claims to be a hydrating foundation type product. I have used other powders (mattifying) that don't even do this. Worn alone, it looks tacky. Worn on top of liquid foundation, it disrupts the foundation. This product totally disintegrates anything underneath it. I applied it with the lightest touch, stippled on and used a sponge gently tapping it on, and it broke apart my foundation underneath. It breaks apart when it's worn alone as well. It doesn't last long at all. Strange for a powder foundation. It started breaking up and looking patchy and my shine broke through after a few hours. Currently I don't have concerns with oily skin, so that's also strange. To top it all off, it irritated my skin. This is not the norm for me. Something in the product made my skin itchy and somehow even made my eyes water. Every time. I did not try any other new products. Except the Teint Ideal Cream, and used alone that did not bother my skin. I had to discontinue using this powder. Unfortunately, it was a fail in all areas. Maybe Vichy just tried to hard to make it a moisturizing, good for your skin type product and that just isn't meant to be with a powder. The color was good, it seemed to match my skin tone. A tad bit dark, but not noticeably discernable.