Makeup Revolution Ultra Eye Contour Light & Shade Palette

Makeup Revolution  Ultra Eye Contour Light & Shade Palette

on 12/20/2017 7:19:00 AM

I bought this because I needed a matte, work-friendly palette and I’ve been craving more natural looking eyes lately. I’m super impressed with the pigmentation of the shadows and how easy they are to blend! I’m a novice with eyeshadow and typically end up with patches or dark spots because a) my technique and b) the product, but not with this. I use Elf’s eyeshadow lock and let that set before I put this on, and it’s magical. I haven’t had problems with this being patchy or hard to blend at all. The brush that it comes with is also nice. My only complaint is the flimsiness of the package. I’ve accidentally banged it around a few times and I’m so afraid it’s going to shatter the shadows. It hasn’t happened yet, but I’d be careful with traveling with this.

I also have no idea how this compares to KVDs palette, but I don’t feel like I need to own both because this works so well. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 2/12/2017 11:06:00 AM

Discovered this after seeing a youtuber talking about it (dramticmac) and decided to buy since I wanted the KVD shade and light eye palette but not wanting to spend $40 on a matte palette. I don't use mattes that often and already have enough in my collection I like and that get me by, I still just really wanted to try this, though. She did a comparison video and said they were both extremely similar so I was excited for my ulta order to arrive. This is $15 on the website but the brand was on sale for buy one get one half off, so I got a lipgloss for $2.50 and also used a coupon and points so I paid $12 something for both the gloss and palette. I used it the same night and was not impressed. The powders were not that smooth and I had a lot of kickback. She said one of the browns was hard to blend and go figure, it was patchy af. Idk, I just really wasn't impressed with the colors either. The last top one and last small one were peachy so I was kind of excited about those since peach is popular but it wasn't worth it to keep a whole palette for those, I can find them elsewhere. Plus, they were light and subtle. I really wanted a cool brown but the large middle one and the brown below it were more grey than brown. I knew I really wasn't going to use this so I just took it back. I love Makeup revolution but unfortunately this was just a miss for me, personally. I think if you like mattes, need a matte palette or want the KVD palette really bad but don't have the money this is worth a shot. But I will say, right after I returned this I went to Sephora and saw the KVD version and it was much more creamy/smooth than this.