Le Tan - Express Tan Instant Bronzing Mousse

No Image

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Dihydroxyacetone, Propylene Glycol, Trideceth-9, Fragrance, Peg-5 Ethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Ethoxydiglycol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium, Metabisulfite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Melanin, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Disodium Edta, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Benzyl Alcohol, CI 14700, CI 19140, CI 42090.

on 2/11/2017 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This self-tanner retails at 15 AUD for 110mL of product and I purchased it for 8 AUD when it was on sale at Priceline. If I had remembered to use my $5 voucher it would've only cost me $3!

The bottle might say instant but that's really only the colour guide as it really doesn't perform like some of the instant tanning/wash off products available on the market. It certainly is an express mousse in that it develops in a shorter time compared to others, the bottle states that you can choose to leave it on for as little as 30 minutes or up to 3 hours for customisable colour which does continue to darken after you wash it off.
When I apply the tan and throughout the time I allow it to develop it does smell like fake tan, however, I can say that there is no residual odour of DHA on my skin after I shower and no coconut or floral scent left lingering anywhere else other than my tanning mitt.

I've accepted the fact that I'll never find a bronzing mousse that I can't feel on my skin but the fact that this develops to a medium tan within 2 hours makes it absolutely perfect for me. I don't have to try to sleep feeling as if I'm coated in product or risk staining any clothing and I only look like I've been rolling around in dirt for however long I choose to let it develop so I'm not restricted to my home for the whole day.
Once you wash it off you might wonder if it has done much at all but within 6 hours you the colour will have developed fully. I can say that the colour intensity really is customisable as the first time I applied it I left it on for one hour and was left with a light colour on my fair skin. The second time and thereafter I left it for just over 2 hours which gave me a medium tan and even attracted compliments!

I've had issues with the way other tanning mousses develop on my face and shins, but I haven't had any problems with the way this shows up on those areas. I use 4 pumps per leg, 2 pumps per arm, 4 pumps for the rest of my body and half a pump for my face (this hasn't aggravated my very acne-prone skin).

This product is made in Australia, cruelty-free and vegan. It's such a great product with a low price tag and it does exactly what it claims. I will definitely repurchase this!