Estee Lauder Tuscany Per Donna

Estee Lauder Tuscany Per Donna

3.9

on 11/4/2016 1:50:00 PM

This fragrance holds a special place in my heart. I used to wear it all the time, well, many years ago! It was a soft, feminine floriental, quiet but certainly present. Unfortunately, it is discontinued here in Greece, but if change in packaging (simple, rectangular bottle) has not marked a change in its composition as well,(experience has taught me any change in packaging 90% hides a change in the way the content smells, Dior Addict with the golden ring is different from that with the silver one, for example) I would surely buy it again if it became available. A very romantic fragrance indeed.

on 3/18/2016 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Tuscany Per Dona was a fragrance I wore in the early 2000s. My husband rarely commented on any perfume I wore with the exception of Tuscany. He loved the way it smelled on me and would ask me to wear it often. I had put it away in favor of trendy perfumes. Just recently while shopping I saw the department store had it back in stock. It took one sniff before I fell in love with it all over again and wondered why I had stopped wearing such a beautiful perfume. The combination of sandalwood, jasmine, amber and vanilla is so warm and rich. Each compliments the other to make it's own unique scent. It is not a perfume for the "bubble gum" crowd but it's not what is referred to as an "old lay perfume" either. To me, this perfume says"I am woman, classy, and sexy." Tuscany Per Dona doesn't announce itself when you enter a room or lingers after you have left. The person standing next to you will lean in to get a better whiff and then tell you how good you smell. I've had more compliments on this perfume than any others I've worn in several years. The staying power is 3 to 6 hours on me unfortunately. I hope it works with your chemistry because it is a classy scent.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Bob Mackie, except weaker and 3 times more expensive. Sticking to the Mackie...a total no-brainer.

This is my absolutely favorite and has been my signature fragrance for close to thirty years (since my mom gave me the first bottle as a present). I haven't found any perfume in all these years that comes even close to it. It misses the musk that most woody perfumes seem to have and which I don't like, develops into a very warm nice full-bodied fragrance on my skin. I even love to smell the scarf the next day after wearing it. I've been buying it on ebay for years now as I also thought it was discontinued. In fact, it appears to be available from esteelauder.com in the US and is only discontinued in Europe. I wish Estee Lauder would change that and make it available in Europe.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This has to be my top 3 perfumes. Its sensual, sweet, woody, flirty, mysterious all at once.
It lasts a long time and I love smelling it on me. I got my first bottle at 17 from my dad when he came back from an overseas trip and somewhere in the next 17 years, I stopped using this and completely forgot about it.
Now that I found it again, I purchased this online from an Australian retailer. I am so lucky to have found this again.
It seems it is no longer made by Aramis but by Estee Lauder. No biggie, it smells the same so girls, don't worry. There is no difference.

on 11/9/2012 11:09:00 PM

I have a huge affection for Este Lauder fragrances. My first perfume ever was Beautiful and my Grandmother wore Youth Dew. But TPD is undoubtably the best. I first wore this in the mid 90's and loved it so much. I was ecstatic to find it again recently online. Why did they take this little beauty away? The mind boggles! Anyway, for me this perfume has it all. I keep it for special occasions and tend to wear it more in winter because it has a soft spiciness and warmth to it. My everyday scent is Senuous Nude so as much as I try and step away from the Este Lauder counter I just can't! They just suit me and they are so beautiful and elegant (mostly). TPD is no exception. I'm writing this so they will never consider the unthinkable and discontinue the most perfect fragrance around. Ps..my boyfriend loves them both. He practically drinks them in. What more could you want? :) x
EDIT: I have gone so off this perfume! It's weird because I so loved it :( It just smells like the 80's to me now. I have given it away. I also left my boyfriend who loved it...so many that's why. Emotional connection to smell thing. So long Tuscany..

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a nice, strong, evening scent with good lasting power. The top notes are made of rose, citrus and Mediterranean herbs. In the heart of the composition there are jasmine, carnation, honeysuckle and peony. Sandalwood, amber and vanilla are in the base.

on 3/30/2009 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to wear this 10 yrs ago back in high school. Loved it then and still do. I'm probably the only one of my friends who has it (seems that it's not too popular) but that's okay with me. Though a few sprays last nearly all day, I find myself going through the bottle pretty quickly. I worry that it will be difficult to replenish my supply since this perfume is getting more difficult to find.

It is a bit floral with a sweet and spicy notes. I'm not into spice, but this one is subtle. I love it!!

on 7/11/2009 3:45:00 PM

This is one of two heavier scents I wear. The other is Lou Lou. I get LOADS of compliments when I wear this scent. It is however now rather hard to come by. I lived over seas years ago and purchased the body cream, which was in a short, round, tapered frosted glass container. The package was gorgeous, and it went on like silk. The smell was HEAVENLY. Not quite as heavy as the perfume. No need for layering because it is heady enough on its own. If they EVER brought back the body cream I would purchase THREE of them. The smell is spicy, a little sweet, very exotic, sexy, and sensual. Gee, can ya tell I LOVE this perfume?

This is one of the most beautiful perfumes ever made, I am gutted it is now discontinued, You can still pick it up on ebay from time to time, I was lucky to get a 100ml bottle, and I have now bought another 50ml bottle as I never want to run out, This is an evening scent which is exotic spicy and musky, I dont like light floral scents, whenever I wear this my husband comments right away, he loves it. I just wish Aramis would decide to bring this back!!!!!

Popular Fragrances