Bite Beauty Agave Lip Balm

3.1

Not tested on animals

on 3/18/2019 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Review is of sample (in blister pack). I feel like this has somewhat softened my dry winter lips after first use. However, I'm not sure that I find applying it to be an overly pleasurable experience. The texture is really rather waxy, to the point that I have to work it into my lips. The scent is fine, but it's not one of those lip balms that I reapply simply because it smells/tastes good, which is kind of important to me for something like this. I appreciate the natural ingredients but the formulation still leaves something to be desired.

on 2/19/2019 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is my HG favorite lip balm with one huge caveat. The formula is way too soft and melts way too easily. If it melts away in my pocket in a climate controlled house in February its gonna be an unusable mess during the summer months unless I depot it into a container. Otherwise this actually moisturizes and heals dry cracked lips leaving them in better condition not parched and dehydrated like most lip products. Better packaging would help. There is too much space between the balm stick and the side of the tube so the stick started shifting around the second I tried to use it. Same problem. With the mini size as well. Not sure I would repurchase. I shouldn't have to repackage an $18 lip balm.

on 1/27/2019 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

One of the best lip balms out there. It has the perfect texture on my lips. It can be applied both before bed, and also before lip balm application. I will definitely be repurchasing this once it’s finished, and highly recommend it.

on 1/27/2019 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Average balm. I can't say it did anything outstanding for my lips to justify the price. It does have a nice thick, emollient feel on the lips - I'll give it that and I like that lanolin is the first ingredient. Otherwise, there are better balms out there. This one just isn't worth the hype or the price IMO.

on 1/6/2019 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have repurchased this balm so I do like it a lot, but only as a great moisturizing base under lipstick. I apply it when I prep my skin for makeup. Lipstick application is one of the last steps in my routine. By that point, this balm has sunk in leaving just enough waxiness for a smooth application of demi matte or cream lipstick.

I don’t use this balm as my nighttime lip moisturizer. I prefer something less waxy and more moisturizing.

I had high hopes for this product. I do like that it does moisturize instead of just oil sitting on your lips. I dont like that when you apply it it's quite hard going on . I'm still on the hunt for a good lip balm to replace the old version of the ROC enydrial.

on 12/24/2018 3:39:00 PM

The stick balm version of Bite's famous lip mask. Seems like it should be an easier to apply and carry version of the mask, but unfortunately not true for me.

This is a wax hardened stick version of the mask but with minute differences and reduced amounts of the resveratrol that Bite is known for adding to their products. It basically feels the same on the lips as the mask only slightly more waxy, but these similarities also makes it a pain to apply. My lips were protected from chapping and it does last a bit longer than typical chapstick, but nothing special and I didn't enjoy how tacky it was especially if I was talking a lot.

Ease of use: Typically I want my stick balms to smoothly glide across the lips for a fast and easy application. This balm is like a bad glue sick. It's thick and tacky just like the mask is and also tugs across the lips in the same way; more when it's cold, less when it's warm. The worst thing about this is that although it's hardened with waxes to maintain the stick shape, it's still too soft. You have to apply it carefully or risk the stick breaking from all that tugging, and even if it doesn't break, the tugging and tackiness of the product causes it to smear all over the inner wall. This makes the stick look quite gross over time.

Packaging: An elongated capsule-shaped turn-up tube with no flat ends featuring the same grippy coating over gray plastic that Bite is known for. This makes it impossible to stand up if that's an issue. There's nothing wrong with the packaging, but this product would really be better off in a squeeze tube... oh wait!

Price: At $20 CAD the balm is almost 2.5x the cost of the mask per gram, and you're getting 4.2g of product versus 15g in the mask. That's insane really.

Overall I think the agave line is quite overrated, which is a shame considering how well they do lipstick products.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The texture of the balm is too soft, like others the stick smooshed sideways and broke the first time I used it. The balm itself is very thick and slightly sticky, so it clings to lips well and lips feel very silky and protected for a very long long time. I do love it but its too expensive to have application issues. It really should be in a pot.

on 6/13/2018 9:54:00 PM

I got this in a blister pack with the Sephora birthday gift, and I have to say, I do like how thick this is. I've been wearing it overnight and it easily lasts until morning. It also happens to be pretty good to wear underneath lipstick, and a little goes a long way. However, it's way too expensive for how little you get in a tube.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like bite packaging, I received a free sample of this from Sephora. It smells nice, but this makes my lips tingle. I do not think the price is worth it, Vaseline lip therapy in metal tin works better and cheaper. Even with one use, Vaseline lip therapy made my lips most overnight. Bite did not make my lips soft at all.