Deciem The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer

Deciem The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer
The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer

3.8

Aqua (Water), Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Hexamethyldisiloxane, Isoceteth-20, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polysorbate 60, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The main and only issue I have with this primer is the tendency to literally peel off. It takes way too long to full settle in and if you moisturizer underneath once you apply your face makeup you will see this primer begin to to roll off in little pieces all over your face.

on 9/13/2018 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So, to preface: I have combination dehydrated skin with some texture issues. Large pores on my nose, persistent flaking there as well (possibly seborrheic dermatitis or something) and sometimes hormonal acne, although that's almost completely under control now. Texture, I have it.

I also have a very hard time getting foundation, any and all foundation, to stick to my nose. Literally. It does not stick, or it will separate, pool in my pores, show up all the flaky bits I didn't even know I had and look generally awful. It's like trying to blend two things that just will not mix, you know? Like trying to blend water on a hydrophobic surface. I've tried applying with brushes, with a beauty blender, with my hands, different techniques. I've tried a fair number of different foundations, silicone-based, water-based, powders and even an old-school oil-based one or two. I've tried different primers, pore-filling ones, hydrating ones, mattifying ones, and so on. Spraying some Fix + on before does help, as does making sure my face is well exfoliated, intensely moisturized and hydrated beforehand, but it's never, ever foolproof. The rest of my face looks fine, but my nose is sometimes such a disaster area with foundation that I've turned more and more to sheer, natural-looking foundations, because they tend to look the least awful. MAC Face & Body generally does ok, as does the Pixi H2O SkinTint. Mineral powder foundations are a bit hit and miss. Estée Lauder Double Wear, not so much; it shows up every bit of texture and, weirdly for a foundation with such industrial-strength lasting power, doesn't really adhere well either. Double Wear Light does slightly better, but it's still tricky. The Bobbi Brown foundation stick is a disaster, most concealers don't want to play nicely either.

And so I got this primer, because I've been on a bit of a Deciem kick lately, a few of their products have worked extremely well for me and there were those magic words in the name of it; High Adherence. Yes please, I would like some high adherence stuff to put on my nose, thank you. I don't even care if it makes foundations last longer, I just want something that makes them actually stick and blend nicely on my nose to begin with.

And lo and behold, this works. This actually does make foundations adhere better to my nose and not separate immediately. They still pool in my pores if I'm not careful, I'm going to try this out with a few different pore-fillers underneath and on top. I still have to be ever so careful applying. But it does what it says - helps foundations adhere to the skin - and that's what I'm here for.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

This is my third tube. Not as good as when I first started using it but I suspect that’s me, not the product. The product is great. For a while there I just wore it on its own, it’s that good. Blurs pores and makes makeup stick. Still have to blot at lunchtime though. It’s veryvery smooth, packaging is brilliant (I wish you could buy bigger but you can buy double).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this primer because it’s cheap and does its job.

Pros:
- CHEAP
- holds the oils at bay (though blotting is still necessary)
- sanitary packaging; squeeze tube so you can get all the product
- smooth application
- no silicone feel
- foundation blends in with it just fine; does not separate

Cons:
- none that I can think of lol.

I prefer this primer over my smash box photo finish primer because I don’t like the silicone feeling it brings.

on 7/10/2018 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a very decent primer for a highly wallet friendly price. For having the name silicone primer it's not actually very silicone-y in texture. In other words, it's not the typical ultra blurring, "creates a barrier on top of your skin" type primer. It's more of a thick cream that feels quite hydrating. I think it'd do even better on drier skin than mine (I have combination skin with an oily t-zone), but it gives a pretty nice canvas to work with all the same.

I won't be running out the door to repurchase it, but it works well enough for everyday use that I'll definitely use it up.

+ Cruelty free
+ Vegan
+ Alcohol free
+ Very affordable
+ Gives a decently smooth base, i.e. takes care of the worst (though that's about it)
+ Works as a pretty hydrating base without feeling or looking oily

- Out of the claims "matte, hydrating, blurring" only the hydrating part strikes me as true
- Doesn't fill out bigger pores very well since it's more of a cream
- Can't say that I've noticed it prolonging the wear of my foundation much

on 6/17/2018 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a very nice primer if you want something that makes your makeup go on easier and look smoother. I've never had a primer that made my makeup wear longer and I also don't notice any improved wear-time with this. It's cruelty-free, vegan and also quite cheap.

on 5/15/2018 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Ah-mazing for oily skin. My best friend bought this for me. I had not even thought or heard anything about this. Boy am I glad she opened my eyes, this makes you look poreless and keeps foundation anchored to your face. I will certainly repurchase. This is a swell product that is cheap and works well. I love the packaging too.

on 5/2/2018 4:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I can’t believe there aren’t more raving reviews about this extraordinary company! Excellent skin care products for eye poppinly low prices! A buffet serum - salicylic acid serum- retinals... All for less than 10 bucks a pop.

on 4/23/2018 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Update : Love this primer !!!!!!!!!!! I use it with all my foundations and works really more. Gonna a couple more for back up and super cheap.
I heard of this brand a while back and never grab my attention. I was watching youtube ,and it recommend me a video by Wayne Goss. So i clicked on it and he was talking about how good this product was and how cheap they where. I looked it up and i notice that both products where really , really cheap . So bought both primers the High Adherence Silicone Primer and the High Spreadability Fluid Primer. For both primers i paid 12 Dollars (U.S) and bought them off Beautylish. I tried te Silicone primer didnt like it so gave it to my mom and she loved it . I tried the Fluid Primer and loved this one more. I have tired it with all the foundations i have and set really well. The foundations i use are CoverGirl Healthy Elixir , Estee Lauder, Motive Cosmetics and its does not break up my or cake up foundation.

This review is for the High Adherence Silicone Primer.

I have an oily t-zone and I need a primer that will help my makeup to wear well and prevent shine. This primer did the complete opposite of that. I was a greasy oxidised mess at the end of every day. I tried it in varying amounts with different foundations, different moisturisers, different serums, I even powdered it before applying foundation but still the same result. I had to regularly blot throughout the day and use powder as my foundation had oxidised.

The product itself has a very slippery feel (the silicone) and the texture reminds me of the Smashbox original primer. It is pleasant enough to put on, there is no drag or roll-off. The product seems to sit on the skin regardless of how much you rub it in. The biggest test for me was when I used my EL Double Wear and the foundation broke down and oxidised which was a huge surprise for me as that had never happened before. I decided not use it again and threw it away which I did not mind as the product was very affordable. I would like to try the other primer they do just to see if that works better.