2.8

price range

Reviews

3.0

a year ago

I impulse-purchased this because all Laura Geller was half off at Ulta recently and I love everything else I’ve tried from the brand. This means I didn’t look at it before buying. And that I thought it would be a green-tinted color correcting primer. Well, it’s not! It’s literally sheer molten peachy gold. So I have some thoughts about this. The good: it creates a very pretty luminous base under foundation and it hasn’t given my skin any issues. The bad: it doesn’t do anything for pores or blurring, it’s pretty expensive when not half off…and I think it DID extend the life of my makeup a little bit (not a crazy amount tho) but my makeup melt manifests as an overall lovely shine SO the metallic gold layer under my foundation kind of gave that effect regardless lol. The other issue is that it’s very warm toned, and my skin is neutral-cool-olive-ish. It warmed up everything I put over it, making it slightly too orange. Despite all this, I’m going to keep it and I’m sure I’ll find multiple uses for it. (I wouldn’t keep it if I’d gotten it at full price.)

About reviewer (542 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3.0

3 years ago

Ok, I don't know if I would repurchase this. I didn't purchase it in the first place, I just tried 2 samples, which fortunately, were quite generous and allowed me to try on the product at least 6 times. I am really undecisive... should I purchase the full size? Here is my dilemma... if you have seen the photos by other members, you'd know this thing is GOLD. And believe me, it does not have a slight gold sheen or a "lit from within" vibe... no. It makes you look metallic, full on highlighted. The thing is, once you put foundation on top of it, the foundation lasts all day, doesn't adhere to dry patches, goes on even and smooth, helps cover up uneven skin tone and keeps oil at bay. It is very good at being a primer! You do need a somewhat medium to full coverage foundation to get rid of the metallic look and then you get a lit from within, healthy look. I wouldn't use highlighter when using Spackle Treatment because, for me, this is enough glow. I just don't know... it is the best primer I have ever tried but I wish they would tone down the glow. It can be a little too much, especially on a lighter skin tone like mine. It is also a bit of a dark gold for my pale pasty face. Laura Geller, please make a sheerer version!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal

HairBrown

3 years ago

I really like this primer. I usually go for a more matte look so I wasn't sure how this would go, but I decided to try the 4 piece Radiance kit and I really liked all the products. It absolutely goes on gold but not in an Oscar statue kind of way, it's way more subtle than that as long as you're not using too much. Once I applied my foundation over it (I'm usually a full coverage girl), I felt like it gave me a lit from within quality and I really like that. The size in the kit was only 0.5 ounces but was enough to last for quite a while. I am actually going to order the full size now (2 ounces) though I do wish it was less expensive, I have a medium complexion on the lighter side overall but with lots of hyperpigmentation. Though this is called Even Tone, my issues are far beyond what this product can help with on its own. That said, I do think it helps enhance my peach concealer a tad. I need to take more care in noting whether or not it actually helps keep my makeup in place, which is the only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars right now. However, I think it would be more obvious if it wasn't working in that regard.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

1.0

3 years ago

Received this as part of the So Scrumprious volume 4 box set... The Even Tone primer is a generous 2 oz of product packaged in a screw-off top tube. It dispensed watery at first, but has thickened up since. On my hand, a pea sized blob looks like a drop of my Becca highlighting liquid, but spread out looks very metallic with no hint whatsoever of my skin tone underneath. As usual, with every new tube I ever get my hands on, the first attempt at dispensing product results in getting too much. However, I'm prepared to sample it, so on the face it goes... And leaves me looking like a gold version of the tin man. Extremely metallic, and I'm wondering how anyone can possibly get away with wearing just this. A coat of full coverage foundation over it did little to reduce the metallic effect, and looked like I went overboard with highlighter, so I washed it off. Second attempt with a lighter application was better, but the metallic effect is still obvious... My Becca will blend in with my foundation or cc cream and leave a nice illuminated glow, where this screams of a bad attempt to highlight my entire face. Again, washed it off. The third try with the smallest amount possible was again unsatisfactory so into the trash it went.

About reviewer (315 reviews)

Age44-55