Milani Strobelight Instant Glow Powder

4.4

Not tested on animals

on 10/10/2017 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Buildable, beautiful highlighter. I have this is Afterglow and it is a nice pale shade for my skin tone. I don't find this dry or hard to pick up like other reviewers have, I like how it can give a subtle highlight or a really blinding one. It's not glittery at all, just gives a glow! Will be picking this up in more shades.

on 7/1/2017 7:57:00 AM

I have the Afterglow (01), which is supposed to be the lightest of these highlighters. You get a lot of product in the pan, but the powder is so dry, it`s really hard to pick up. I have some really good natural and artificial hair brushes, but this powder is so dry, you kind of need to scratch the surface to get pay off. I like a subtle highlight, and when you can get this to pick on your brush, it works beautifully, but I don`t have time to do all the scratching and dipping this requires when I am rushing to get ready for work, so I tend to choose other highlighters over these most days. Finger swatches are great, but beware because you don`t apply this with fingers.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: dayglow

PROS

- not glittery
- natural looking
- intense when applied wet

CONS

- dry formula
- can be hard to pick up product

COMMENTS: Dayglow is a champagne shade with a subtle finish. For those of you who are over the extreme highlighters out there and need something that's easier to wear, this is it. It's subtle and natural looking, unless applied wet (its quite difficult to pick up product with a brush alone). It's definitely not an "in your face" product on its own, which is fine for those days when I'm not looking for that effect. I apply all my highlighters with a damp beauty blender first, layering on as needed with a brush after. The effect is a more dewy, intense finish.

Will repurchase.

on 6/7/2017 10:14:00 PM

I absolutely love this highlighter! I am someone who doesn't like a super intense highlight and these are perfect if you are the same. However, it is buildable for those who like something less subtle. I apply using an elf highlighter brush and it goes on very smooth and will last all day. I will buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the shade Afterglow which is a very light pearl pink highlight.

I love everything about this highlighter. It's subtle at first but can really be built up to a more intense highlight by adding a second dusting. I also put this over a hydrating mist to give it a more dewy look. The colour for me (skin tone NW15-18) is perfect for lifting the cheeks but not being so bright that it's too obvious when I wear it. This easily compares to higher-end highlights.

The packaging is also amazing and you just can't beat the price.