MILANI Strobelight Instant Glow Powder

Not tested on animals

on 9/21/2018 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have the shade Afterglow and i adore it, is so good, isn't glittery, súper shinny, you can go with a light hand and it will look subtle or you can go heavier and will look blinding af. Last all day even without foundation, most of the time I don't wear foundation so I have tried a lot of times that point. The best way to apply it is using a brush.
100% recomend.

on 9/21/2018 12:46:00 PM

I have this highlight in the shade Afterglow which is a pale champagne that would be suitable towards fair-light medium skintones.

The highlight is a subtle but could be built to be a blinding highlight as well. I usually use this on the top of my cheekbones, eyebrows, nose bridge, and cupids bow. It sort of fades a bit throughout the day but leaves you with a “glow-from-within” type of look by night.

The texture is very soft and buttery. Its not like a micro shimmer but also not glittery either. It looks natural-like and hits the light seamlessly. I have even gotten several compliments!

I find that a brush application would be the best way to apply. Most of the time I use my fingers (because I’m lazy like that) and it could get quite tricky to blend. But if you use a brush, I have never come across that issue, so I guess a brush application would be the way to go!

The packaging is very sturdy, not something that you would expect for this cheap of a pricetag. Furthermore, you actually get a lot in the pan! I would probably hit pan in a year maybe more! The only thing that I would comment on would be that its quite hard to open and you need to sort of slide your nails in between to open the lid.

on 7/22/2018 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Got this highlighter in the lightest shade, Afterglow, which is sort of a pale champagne tone that works well with my skin tone which is somewhat neutral to cool.

The regular cost at the drugstore for this is only about $10, but CVS is almost always having some sort of sale on Milani products or has a coupon for money off any cosmetics purchased totaling a certain amount. I used a coupon and some Extra Bucks and got this highlighter for about $4.

The packaging is quite nice - you can see the color and the embossed design through the lid. The product itself applies smoothly and I appreciate that you can build up the level of shimmer you want as I can do a very light sweep of this on a few areas for a daytime/office look or go more full-on if it's a nighttime look.

I know many people are going nuts over the Maybelline Master Chrome highlighters (I did purchase that myself in a different shade), but frankly, I think I like the Milani better as it can start off a little more subtle if you want a slight glow without looking like the Tin Man right out of the gate.

on 7/8/2018 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this in SunGlow I believe (the shade after day glow) because I'm a medium skin tone (MAC NC 42) the color is good for me, looks natural. To look even more natural it would have to be less gold. This swatches a GORGEOUS gold color on my hand, on the face it's easy to blend and it looks straight up gilded in the sunlight. It can be a subtle satiny highlight when you blend it out, indoors. But you can make it intense as well. I tried applying with my fingers on my face but it looks the same as with a brush.

I also enjoy this as a shimmer eyeshadow topper (because it does have color). Over all it sits somewhere between the most subtle, hyperreallistice highlights and the intense metallic ones you can see from a mile away. Easy to work with. I would repurchase.

on 5/19/2018 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Sooo, I was in Walmart the other day browsing around and my eye catches this baby. I HAD to have it, it looked so beautiful and creamy, so I bought this baby on a whim. Honestly though, I didn’t mind buying on a whim because Milani’s makeup line has never failed. Coming from an High-end girl that’s saying A LOT. On to the review . . . .

This baby is BEAUTIFUL !!! It’s very smiliar to the Maybelline Chrome highlighter (which I have in “Molten Gold” but that’s another review”)
I have this in the shade “Glowing” which is the darkest shade they have and it’s ABSOLUTELY beautiful!!! Like this is sooo comparable to something you would find in Sephora or Macy’s. It’s that good y’all !! I’m have tan Indian skin with lots of yellow undertones. I really love the shade because some highlighters tend to look too yellowish on me with the golden color. Glowing is the perfect shade it looks so rich and deep. This applies beautiful and wonderfully on its own but to kick it up a notch and make it SUPER creamy I first mist my brush with Hard Candy Hydrating Primer Mist and OMG you guys The finish is just soooooo adorable! It blends like a dream and doesn’t look cakey patchy nor streaky. It just MELTS into the skin and glides over my pores and acne prone skin with indented scars. This also wore from 7 AM to 9 PM for me in 85 degree weather! Just love it and also love the price tag as well. LOVE! Also to add this doesn’t have ANY glitter at all. It’s just metallic and creamy!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Beautiful highlighter, it does exactly what I need it too without ANY glitter. I look glowy, healthier, hydrated and fresh!
The price is right, the embossing is gorgeous and a little goes a long way. This highlighter will last me for ages!

on 4/11/2018 8:55:00 AM

Love this product in all the shades

on 3/29/2018 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Afterglow is a great highlighter for pale cool tones. You also get a ton of product, as with the Milani rose blushes in a similar container. Creamy texture for a powder. More glowy than glittery. I use it on my collarbone and shoulders as well, since I feel like I have product to spare ;).

on 3/27/2018 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I'm fair, neutral leaning cool, prefer coolish or neutral colors in makeup. I have a LOT of highlighters, including many high-end, expensive ones, and this competes with those. I have Afterglow, a beautiful icy pink (white pink), no gold or peach at all, for those who want a purely cool highlight.

I have no trouble picking up plenty on my brush with a single swipe. This is shimmery rather than glittery, and has a rich soft texture. It's very similar to another d/s highlighter I love (Maybelline Molten Rose Gold). I could easily see this used as an eyeshadow too.

I purchased Afterglow, the lightest shade in the collection. It is a rather cool-toned highlighter, so I do not wear it every day if I am in the mood for a more golden glow.

Looking at the design of the product, it is clear this is meant to dupe Makeup Forever's Profusion Highlighters. I've never tried those, but I do also have a sample of Urban Decay Sin, as well as Mary Lou-Manizer from The Balm. The Milani highlighter definitely rivals those . It is highly metallic, blends well, and does not emphasize my skin texture. For $11, you get 8.5 g of product.

Packaging wise, it is housed in a solid plastic compact, with the edges design so you only need to put pressure on them to open it- no need to use your nails to pry the compact open.

Overall, a really beautiful product, highly recommend.