MILANI Strobelight Instant Glow Powder

Not tested on animals

on 5/19/2018 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Sooo, I was in Walmart the other day browsing around and my eye catches this baby. I HAD to have it, it looked so beautiful and creamy, so I bought this baby on a whim. Honestly though, I didn’t mind buying on a whim because Milani’s makeup line has never failed. Coming from an High-end girl that’s saying A LOT. On to the review . . . .

This baby is BEAUTIFUL !!! It’s very smiliar to the Maybelline Chrome highlighter (which I have in “Molten Gold” but that’s another review”)
I have this in the shade “Glowing” which is the darkest shade they have and it’s ABSOLUTELY beautiful!!! Like this is sooo comparable to something you would find in Sephora or Macy’s. It’s that good y’all !! I’m have tan Indian skin with lots of yellow undertones. I really love the shade because some highlighters tend to look too yellowish on me with the golden color. Glowing is the perfect shade it looks so rich and deep. This applies beautiful and wonderfully on its own but to kick it up a notch and make it SUPER creamy I first mist my brush with Hard Candy Hydrating Primer Mist and OMG you guys The finish is just soooooo adorable! It blends like a dream and doesn’t look cakey patchy nor streaky. It just MELTS into the skin and glides over my pores and acne prone skin with indented scars. This also wore from 7 AM to 9 PM for me in 85 degree weather! Just love it and also love the price tag as well. LOVE! Also to add this doesn’t have ANY glitter at all. It’s just metallic and creamy!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Beautiful highlighter, it does exactly what I need it too without ANY glitter. I look glowy, healthier, hydrated and fresh!
The price is right, the embossing is gorgeous and a little goes a long way. This highlighter will last me for ages!

on 4/11/2018 8:55:00 AM

Love this product in all the shades

on 3/29/2018 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Afterglow is a great highlighter for pale cool tones. You also get a ton of product, as with the Milani rose blushes in a similar container. Creamy texture for a powder. More glowy than glittery. I use it on my collarbone and shoulders as well, since I feel like I have product to spare ;).

on 3/27/2018 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I'm fair, neutral leaning cool, prefer coolish or neutral colors in makeup. I have a LOT of highlighters, including many high-end, expensive ones, and this competes with those. I have Afterglow, a beautiful icy pink (white pink), no gold or peach at all, for those who want a purely cool highlight.

I have no trouble picking up plenty on my brush with a single swipe. This is shimmery rather than glittery, and has a rich soft texture. It's very similar to another d/s highlighter I love (Maybelline Molten Rose Gold). I could easily see this used as an eyeshadow too.

I purchased Afterglow, the lightest shade in the collection. It is a rather cool-toned highlighter, so I do not wear it every day if I am in the mood for a more golden glow.

Looking at the design of the product, it is clear this is meant to dupe Makeup Forever's Profusion Highlighters. I've never tried those, but I do also have a sample of Urban Decay Sin, as well as Mary Lou-Manizer from The Balm. The Milani highlighter definitely rivals those . It is highly metallic, blends well, and does not emphasize my skin texture. For $11, you get 8.5 g of product.

Packaging wise, it is housed in a solid plastic compact, with the edges design so you only need to put pressure on them to open it- no need to use your nails to pry the compact open.

Overall, a really beautiful product, highly recommend.

on 11/6/2017 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I am obsessed with this highlight, it is absolutely STUNNING on the skin. It does not look glittery or chunky on the skin, just really buttery and smooth. It also lasts extremely well throughout the day. I could not recommend this enough!!!

on 10/10/2017 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Buildable, beautiful highlighter. I have this is Afterglow and it is a nice pale shade for my skin tone. I don't find this dry or hard to pick up like other reviewers have, I like how it can give a subtle highlight or a really blinding one. It's not glittery at all, just gives a glow! Will be picking this up in more shades.

on 7/1/2017 7:57:00 AM

I have the Afterglow (01), which is supposed to be the lightest of these highlighters. You get a lot of product in the pan, but the powder is so dry, it`s really hard to pick up. I have some really good natural and artificial hair brushes, but this powder is so dry, you kind of need to scratch the surface to get pay off. I like a subtle highlight, and when you can get this to pick on your brush, it works beautifully, but I don`t have time to do all the scratching and dipping this requires when I am rushing to get ready for work, so I tend to choose other highlighters over these most days. Finger swatches are great, but beware because you don`t apply this with fingers.

on 6/7/2017 10:14:00 PM

I absolutely love this highlighter! I am someone who doesn't like a super intense highlight and these are perfect if you are the same. However, it is buildable for those who like something less subtle. I apply using an elf highlighter brush and it goes on very smooth and will last all day. I will buy again.