4.7

price range

Reviews

from

5 months ago

This is a very good quality highlight and is very intense. However it is not my kind of a look, it looks very metallic and glittery looking on the face which is not my favourite but if you like a more metallic look then 100% recommend

About reviewer (171 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

7 months ago

I swatched a demo product (in a shade too dark for me) but...man, oh, man. It was smoooth, metallic, NOT-GLITTERY, and blended out sweeet. So, I bought Afterglow (and would also buy Summer Glow if it was available in Canada...cry). This is a pale, beige that leans cool. I've had a difficult time with most popular highlighters being too dark for me (around NC17-20, neutral-cool yellow-olive), but this is light enough and lovely. (Darker shades available if you need them!) So, this is one of the few highlighters I've truly loved. Very versatile - inner eye highlight, brow bone, cupids bow, cheeks, you name it. You can use lightly but it builds up FAST into a very noticeable glow. If you appreciate glow without sparkle, give this a try. It cost me $16 CAD at SDM, a bit pricey for drugstore but a quality product.

About reviewer (278 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

a year ago

I'm more of a "natural" highlight type of girl (glowy, soft, blurred effect/lit from within, all you see is healthy skin), and I feel like with a big, fluffy brush and this dusted across your cheekbones, this can be that natural glow, but this is a really pretty, and intense highlight. I didn't think I'd be into it, but I am! I do have large pores and some dryness and this does NOT seem to emphasize it. Can look VERY dusty/powdery to me if you go overboard. Probably something a setting mist can fix. This could probably double as an eyeshadow too. I got the shade Afterglow and after reading around on here, seems to be very popular. I am fair skinned. I probably wouldn't repurchase b/c I prefer more of a PF Highlighter Pearls in Translucent Pearl glow which is, I've decided, my ride or die highlighter. And there are other highlighters I want to try. However, I would totally recommend this!

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Other

EyesHazel

a year ago

Like so many others here, I purchased the shade "Afterglow" and I am so happy with it. It gives a beautiful, noticeable but not glittery sheen to the cheekbones (or brow bone or anywhere else you apply it). It can be applied with a heavier hand/denser brush for a more intense effect or applied lightly/buffed for something more subtle but either way, it is just excellent. It easily rivals highlighters costing waaaay more (brands like Dior or Chanel) and is readily available at the drugstore. Absolutely, I would repurchase, though you seem to get so much product that it will be a while until I need to.

About reviewer (1490 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

a year ago

I bought this product in Afterglow and I adore it. I want to go back and get it in other shades. Afterglow is a pretty cool shade with slight lavender undertones. I chose it because I wanted to try something pretty for winter and thought this was appropriate. My favorite part about this highlighter is that it is super buildable and doesn't look like a disco ball at initial application. I can get away with wearing this during the day in a professional environment. It also does not make my pores look big which is a problem i have with most shimmery products. I plan to get this in several other shades!

About reviewer (64 reviews)

Age

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

a year ago

I absolutely LOVE this highlighter. It’s buildable when you want a striking look but it’s also very subtle. Love it so much.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

EyesBlue

a year ago

This highlighter is everything! It looks so glowy and not chalky at all. Perfect especially if you have olive colored skin. I’m sure it works for all though! It’s a good price, the only problem is that the packaging is veryyyyyy sensitive. They will shatter literally for barely tapping it, other than that I loveeeee it.0

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

I have the shade Afterglow and i adore it, is so good, isn't glittery, súper shinny, you can go with a light hand and it will look subtle or you can go heavier and will look blinding af. Last all day even without foundation, most of the time I don't wear foundation so I have tried a lot of times that point. The best way to apply it is using a brush. 100% recomend.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

from

a year ago

I have this highlight in the shade Afterglow which is a pale champagne that would be suitable towards fair-light medium skintones. The highlight is a subtle but could be built to be a blinding highlight as well. I usually use this on the top of my cheekbones, eyebrows, nose bridge, and cupids bow. It sort of fades a bit throughout the day but leaves you with a “glow-from-within” type of look by night. The texture is very soft and buttery. Its not like a micro shimmer but also not glittery either. It looks natural-like and hits the light seamlessly. I have even gotten several compliments! I find that a brush application would be the best way to apply. Most of the time I use my fingers (because I’m lazy like that) and it could get quite tricky to blend. But if you use a brush, I have never come across that issue, so I guess a brush application would be the way to go! The packaging is very sturdy, not something that you would expect for this cheap of a pricetag. Furthermore, you actually get a lot in the pan! I would probably hit pan in a year maybe more! The only thing that I would comment on would be that its quite hard to open and you need to sort of slide your nails in between to open the lid.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

2 years ago

Got this highlighter in the lightest shade, Afterglow, which is sort of a pale champagne tone that works well with my skin tone which is somewhat neutral to cool. The regular cost at the drugstore for this is only about $10, but CVS is almost always having some sort of sale on Milani products or has a coupon for money off any cosmetics purchased totaling a certain amount. I used a coupon and some Extra Bucks and got this highlighter for about $4. The packaging is quite nice - you can see the color and the embossed design through the lid. The product itself applies smoothly and I appreciate that you can build up the level of shimmer you want as I can do a very light sweep of this on a few areas for a daytime/office look or go more full-on if it's a nighttime look. I know many people are going nuts over the Maybelline Master Chrome highlighters (I did purchase that myself in a different shade), but frankly, I think I like the Milani better as it can start off a little more subtle if you want a slight glow without looking like the Tin Man right out of the gate.

About reviewer (203 reviews)

Age44-55