NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer

NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer

4.1

on 11/30/2017 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this concealer! A little goes a long way, so the pot lasts a while. It works great for dark circles, acne, and redness. It’s very smoothing, and cancels out the texture on my forehead from acne scarring. It doesn’t break me out (yay!) worth the hype!

Well, this product was a hype, and definitely not worth my money.

I have dry skin, especially my undereye area. I had high hopes for this concealer because of all the good reviews. The color I chose was custard. The texture was ok, and when I applied it did appear to be fairly creamy and can be blended easily with a concealer brush or my finger. Initially, the color looked fine and blends in well with my skin color, but it creases and sets in my fine lines within 5 minutes of applying it. Not to mention that after about 30 minutes to an hour or so, there is oxidation - the color changed to a much darker tone, making my dark circle look way worse. Definitely won't purchase again, I am not even sure how am I going to finish the rest of the product. I really wish it would work for me, but unfortunately, it is a complete waste of money

on 11/17/2017 7:56:00 AM

This concealer is amazing! I love that it doesn't crease easily under my eyes or smile lines. It also blends easily with your fingers though I find it looks better blended out with my Beauty Blender. It also doesn't look cakey at all on me. Don't expect a full coverage, thick concealer because this falls more on the natural to medium coverage and that's what I prefer.

Soft Matte describes this just right because it is matte but not too matte that it looks flat or fake. Also, considering the constant heat and humidity where I'm from, this concealer holds up pretty well. It's also easy to reapply throughout the day if I really want to. On most days, I just wear this alone or with the Becca Backlight Priming Filter as my base and it looks great either way.

Also, I read some reviews saying the consistency of their concealer changed in a month to something drier and harder to work with. However, I have had mine for almost 6 months now (with nearly daily use and I'm only halfway through it) and it is still as creamy as when I first used it. Just be sure to close the cap securely and not leave it out too long.

Prior to this, I used the Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer but I much prefer this. The application is easier and the finish is more natural on my skin.

I have already bought a backup :) My shade is in Crème brulée!

on 11/14/2017 7:47:00 AM

I have conflicted feelings about this concealer, but overall think it's still a good product which is why I gave it 4/5 lippies.

It is EXCELLENT for covering up blemishes and pigmentation spots, because it is medium-full coverage and easily buildable. The fact that it's a pot concealer allows you to more easily control the amount you use and this is my go-to for patting onto my face in the mornings when I've just arrived at work and want to cover up some redness. When I first purchased it, it worked well for under the eyes as well. However, within a month the consistency of the concealer changed and it became a hair thicker and drier - not drastically so, but enough that if I now use it under the eyes it sits in my fine lines, looks thick and crepey, and overall just ages me. If you have very dry skin I would steer clear as it is likely to emphasise texture.

I'm around an NC30-35 and the shade Ginger blends into my skin perfectly, even without foundation. So this is now my go-to face concealer for no-makeup makeup days, though I have to use something else for the eye area.

on 11/1/2017 2:52:00 PM

I've been a fan of MAC Pro Longwear for thee years now but got a little bored and wanted to try something new. I was so excited about this concealer but unfortunately for me it doesn't come even close to the MAC one. Coverage was not as good as Pro longwear has as well as its lasting power. I am really dissapointed and sorry for the money I paid. Going back to my trusted MAC (athough hate its packaging;))

I have had this concealer for a few months now in the shade creme brûlée. This is good concealer if used correctly. I dab a little onto a concealer brush and then dab excess onto palm of hand and then (with a light hand) start applying on the edges of your eye bags or dark circles. If I need more product I will just grab from the palm of my hand or redo this method. This method makes it look more natural looking. However, sometimes it doesn't completely cover my dark circles so it may work if perfectly if i colour correct first.
This is also quite drying if you haven't moisturised your under-eye area first!
The packaging is nice and weighty but lid does collect dirt and makeup (I'm not really bothered by this but I know some people are)
Overall, it's an ok concealer.

on 10/13/2017 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is my HG concealer. I have dry undereye and if i use a good eye cream underneath, I ll have no problems using this product. Now I dont even try any other brand cuz it works perfectly. U can use it in multiple ways, for covering stuff, for undereye and for eyeshadow base...

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This product is always, always, always out of stock, and now I know why. I wear the shade Custard and I think that's one of the most popular so it's never in store or online. When the salesperson told me NARS was restocking in a week, I went to their site every day until it was available -- and even then it was immediately low in stock.

This concealer sticks to your skin, in a very, very good way. The coverage is just unbelievable. It covers everything like redness, hyperpigmentation left from acne scars, discolouration without making it look cakey. It literally looks just like skin. I use this on top of my Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done foundation every day and it doesn't break me out. This also lasts a lifetime. A little goes a loooong way, so this pot can last me a good year. Use your fingers and dab. That's it.

I usually put on some concealer under natural light at home and then look at my makeup under cool fluorescent lighting in my office bathroom to make sure everything is blended well. I'd always have to retouch my concealer because it shows my hyperpigmentation or discolouration under fluorescent lighting. But with this, I never have to touch up. A few dabs with my finger on my problem areas and that's it. It stays for a good 12 hours WITHOUT a setting spray/powder. And I have oily skin, so this is just absolutely magical.

I hope NARS never lets this one go. This is the best product they've ever created. Ever. Maybe the best concealer in the history of the world. Seriously. I don't care if it's expensive. It's worth every dollar.

on 9/18/2017 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This concealer is amazing. I regret purchasing a back up of CdP concealer stick because this NARS concealer has replaced it as my HG.

This is incredibly pigmented and the color selection is great. No scent and can be built up for more coverage. I use it for both undereyes and over a dark brown spot on my cheek. I've had it Fraxeled several times but it came back, so for now I'm covering it with concealer and this is the only concealer that will cover it 90-95% (NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is great for concealing redness and undereye darkness, but not so much for dark blemishes).

Although I prefer stick concealers, I'll deal with the pot packaging because the concealer is superb. I wear Punjab in foundations, Groenland in the original tinted moisturizer, and Custard or Macadamia in concealers.

Oh my word how I love this concealer. I have pretty bad broken capillaries on my chin and around my nose, and it's really very difficult to get any concealer to cover them well. This one does the trick; I just use my index finger to get some concealer out of the pot and then pat it over the red parts of my skin. I do the same with the slight hyperpigmentation I have on my cheeks. (For the capillaries around my nose, I have to use a brush because it's harder to cover them with just a finger.) And it stays all day once I set it with powder. As promised in the name, the concealer itself is very matte and not sticky like some concealers you get in a pot (Kevyn Aucoin, looking at you here!). It's a bit pricey, but the pot lasts quite a long time. Nars Soft Matte Concealer, where have you been all my life!