NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer

4.1

on 6/25/2018 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the best concealer I’ve ever tried. It is best applied with fingers as it heats the product up and makes it melt seamlessly into the skin. It covers up my acne scars and is great for undereyes. If you’re looking for a full coverage concealer that gives an airbrushed look I highly recommend this concealer. My only gripe with it is that it does transfer so it needs to be set with powder.

on 5/22/2018 4:14:00 PM

pros:
covers seamlessly to my skin i am shade creme brule which is same as tarte light neutral. i use UD naked skin 3.0, nars sheer glow in ceylan6, chanel b20, maybelline classic ivory120, mac nc20
( ive tried the new shades in cannelle(orangey) and ive tried custard(dark yellow) in natural day light they are a bit off)
blendable and easy to use
Perfect for cutting the edge of eyebrows and shaping them

cons:
can be drying on acne
is not super full coverage and does not last all day
the creamy radiant is better for the undereyes

I actually prefer the radiant creamy over this because its less drying and more natural but this is still great to have. I prefer this type of pot packaging than the tubes so for me this is easier to use. I wont repurchase because i rather just use the radiant creany version for ny undereyes and acne scars since it looks more skinlike

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Best concealer I've EVER used! Also has such a good shade range for me, creme brûlée is my perfect match I have never found ANY skin base to match as well as this. Great product if you don't want to wear much makeup as you can skip the foundation and just spot conceal on blemishes, under eyes etc and it looks incredibly natural. Surprisingly lasts a while too!

on 4/14/2018 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Got this in Chantilly when I was looking for a new concealer. It has a slip that makes it overly creamy. It turns ashy on me and wears off in a few hours. Put it on at 8ish am and by 12 noon it faded.
Had a couple of face veins zapped and this had them showing thru quickly. Not impressed but I'll use it up.

on 2/23/2018 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

This is my go to daily under eye concealer. I used Bobbi Brown corrector in peach in the past for years but don't need to use a corrector and concealer no longer. This blends beautifully, rids all of my dark hereditary under eye issues and a PERFECT color that's no too yellow or ashy. Blends well with the setting powders I've been using. NC40 and use the color Macadamia.

What it doesn't do is cake or pill, don't use too much, make sure to blend well and set w/ powder.

on 2/3/2018 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The hype about this product is very high. It is the perfect consistency: it is sticky and not very firm (to the point that you need to warm up with your hands). But for the region of the eyes (which I longed to use) in me it did not work. It starts coming out after an hour of use and I quickly see the darkness beneath my eyes. BUT it's my HG as a corrector for my dry skin! It's incredible! Cover my pimples and dry patches like no other (and the best: it does so very naturally). I recommend for people who have few fine lines under the eyes and dark circles. 4/5 Just because I can not use it under my eyes, but it's great for my skin. Worth a try.

Thanks to a recommendation on this board I picked up this Nars Soft Matte concealer. The girl at Sephora recommended Custard for my olive skin tone and she was bang on. I may even be able to go down a shade lighter but that might be too light.

My goal was to eliminate foundation from my life even if temporarily. I am just getting a bit tired of the full makeup routine and wanted my skin to breathe even though I have a few bad and obvious sun spots and uneven skin tone. The skin tone doesn't bother me so much because hey - it's natural. But the sun spots are just too much evidence of my old sun worshipping days!

This concealer helped me achieve that. I prefer to use it after applying my smashbox primer as it goes on easily. A little goes a long way and I try to tap it into the areas where my sunspots are mainly around my cheekbones and below. It is buildable and loooks pretty matte as its name suggests. I use a mineral powder with medium colour but looking to find a different one to suit this change in routine. I feel a powder is probably necessary to tie it all together especially since there's no foundation. I then use bronzer and recently started to use a highlighter on the cheekbones. These steps also help to mask the sunspots. It's still work - but it's nice to skip the foundation for awhile.

Before this I was using Revlon colourstay concealer which I found was a close dupe for Estée Lauder doublewear concealer. I have been happy with it for years but there was no chance I could use it without foundation.

Although pricier than I would like it to be, a little Nars soft matte concealer goes a long way. And if I'm skipping foundation then it helps me justify the spend.

on 1/8/2018 9:59:00 AM

Beautiful velvety matte finish. Just as excellent as radiant creamy.

on 12/31/2017 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I like this concealer a lot, if combined with the Sheer glow foundation it works like a dream in covering blemishes, acne scars and break outs. However it does not do well for covering my pores and I don't think it is the best for oily skin as it tends to slide off easily and I need to top up. However, a little goes a long way so can use sparingly, the packaging is nice and neat and light-weight. Can therefore take it with you out for top-up's and holidays. Reasonable price. Medium variety of shade ranges.

on 11/30/2017 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this concealer! A little goes a long way, so the pot lasts a while. It works great for dark circles, acne, and redness. It’s very smoothing, and cancels out the texture on my forehead from acne scarring. It doesn’t break me out (yay!) worth the hype!