NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer

NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer

4.3

on 10/13/2017 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is my HG concealer. I have dry undereye and if i use a good eye cream underneath, I ll have no problems using this product. Now I dont even try any other brand cuz it works perfectly. U can use it in multiple ways, for covering stuff, for undereye and for eyeshadow base...

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This product is always, always, always out of stock, and now I know why. I wear the shade Custard and I think that's one of the most popular so it's never in store or online. When the salesperson told me NARS was restocking in a week, I went to their site every day until it was available -- and even then it was immediately low in stock.

This concealer sticks to your skin, in a very, very good way. The coverage is just unbelievable. It covers everything like redness, hyperpigmentation left from acne scars, discolouration without making it look cakey. It literally looks just like skin. I use this on top of my Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done foundation every day and it doesn't break me out. This also lasts a lifetime. A little goes a loooong way, so this pot can last me a good year. Use your fingers and dab. That's it.

I usually put on some concealer under natural light at home and then look at my makeup under cool fluorescent lighting in my office bathroom to make sure everything is blended well. I'd always have to retouch my concealer because it shows my hyperpigmentation or discolouration under fluorescent lighting. But with this, I never have to touch up. A few dabs with my finger on my problem areas and that's it. It stays for a good 12 hours WITHOUT a setting spray/powder. And I have oily skin, so this is just absolutely magical.

I hope NARS never lets this one go. This is the best product they've ever created. Ever. Maybe the best concealer in the history of the world. Seriously. I don't care if it's expensive. It's worth every dollar.

on 8/24/2017 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got 2 samples of this with a Sephora order. Both colors worked ok with my skin tones, but I didn't care for the concealer itself. It was rather thick, but surprisingly not dry or hard to blend. I don't think it would take much drying out for this to become problematic, though. The real problem is that I didn't think it covered very well. I have the radiant concealer, and while it's much creamier, I think it also covers much better. The only place I use concealer is under my eyes, so if you need coverage on something other than that, this might work a treat. But for under eyes, it just wasn't dense enough.

on 9/18/2017 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This concealer is amazing. I regret purchasing a back up of CdP concealer stick because this NARS concealer has replaced it as my HG.

This is incredibly pigmented and the color selection is great. No scent and can be built up for more coverage. I use it for both undereyes and over a dark brown spot on my cheek. I've had it Fraxeled several times but it came back, so for now I'm covering it with concealer and this is the only concealer that will cover it 90-95% (NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is great for concealing redness and undereye darkness, but not so much for dark blemishes).

Although I prefer stick concealers, I'll deal with the pot packaging because the concealer is superb. I wear Punjab in foundations, Groenland in the original tinted moisturizer, and Custard or Macadamia in concealers.

Oh my word how I love this concealer. I have pretty bad broken capillaries on my chin and around my nose, and it's really very difficult to get any concealer to cover them well. This one does the trick; I just use my index finger to get some concealer out of the pot and then pat it over the red parts of my skin. I do the same with the slight hyperpigmentation I have on my cheeks. (For the capillaries around my nose, I have to use a brush because it's harder to cover them with just a finger.) And it stays all day once I set it with powder. As promised in the name, the concealer itself is very matte and not sticky like some concealers you get in a pot (Kevyn Aucoin, looking at you here!). It's a bit pricey, but the pot lasts quite a long time. Nars Soft Matte Concealer, where have you been all my life!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this little concealer, I have used the radiant creamy from NARS as well and this is the better coverage and more natural looking cousin.

A beautiful creamy texture that sets to a nice, soft matte, nothing cakey about it!! My skin is prone to breakouts and hyperpigmentation and this helps cover them up nicely and doesn't give any weird texture on them, just a nice natural lightweight finish.

As for under the eyes, every single concealer has creased under them, I've kinda gotten used to it lol, and this one creased for me as well, it is still a lovely concealer though.

on 8/2/2017 8:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have deep dark under eye circles and some fine lines that can crease easily with most concealers. I was on the hunt for a new concealer since my former favorite wasn't giving me enough coverage anymore. My unedereyes got darker and drier with aging. This Nars product was recommended to me by a SA and I was very skeptical at first. It looks really heavy and cakey in the pot. But once she applied it, I was easily sold. It covers my dark circles pretty well, lasts me almost an entire 10 hour work day spent in front of computers. And best of all, it doesn't crease at all. I'm NC25. She tried to sell me the color Macadamia but I got the Custard instead which I think is the best match for my skin tone. I put on a moisturizer first, wait a few minutes, and apply this using my finger tips. I'm very pleased with its performance and I highly recommend it to people who need full coverage.

I returned this concealer because it creased under my eyes like crazy. I thought it might be a cheaper, matter alternative to the Becca concealer, and a fuller coverage alternative to the Radiant Creamy concealer... but alas. It looks good at first but it doesn't last. After a couple hours I looked very "tired." I tried it with primer, and with brush, sponge, and finger application, with no change in result. That said, it was nice for redness around the nose, blemishes, and other places where creasing isn't an issue. The coverage for redness and minor blemishes was decent. But that just wasn't the thing that I needed in my collection, as plenty of cheaper drugstore concealers do that job just as well. I went back to the Becca concealer for better undereye performance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Holy crap yes. If you haven't tried this because you think this is going to be one of those cakey and heavy pot concealers, boy are you missing out. The formula is beautifully lightweight, feels slightly balmy and looks like actual skin. A little pat with the fingers is all it takes to sink into the skin, but if you're a little more high maintenance, you can use a dampened sponge for an added soft-focus effect.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a shade difference between Radiant Creamy and Soft Matte. I own both products in the shade 'vanilla' and the colors look identical.

Bottom line : If you like Radiant Creamy, you're going to love this. If you don't, try this anyway.

on 8/22/2017 11:54:00 PM

I *think* I have finally figured out how to use this under my eyes and in the inner corners. I have to use just a LITTLE product on lightly moisturized skin with a synthetic fiber brush. The color looks darker in the pot than it goes on, but corresponds closely to the radiant creamy concealer. (I wear Creme Brulee in both, and both match my skin beautifully.) This product doesn't appear to conceal sun damage on my face, however. I either cannot get it to blend out but still cover on my cheekbones on cheeks. I can't quite figure out why it would cover under my eyes but not on my cheeks and cheekbones, but I will adjust my review if I can figure out some method in the future. I'm satisfied that it works well under my eyes. It does need to be set lightly with powder.

I bought this at 20% off and would repurchase under those circumstances. It's a bit too expensive otherwise, even though this pot will clearly last me FOREVER with the miniscule amount of product I'm using with a brush each morning. I honestly think it's likely to dry out before I can use it up, but we will see...