3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

14 days ago

A reliable concealer that lasts throughout the day and blends pretty well with my dry skin. I use a beauty sponge to blend the concealer after applying moisturizer and I'm satisfied with the results.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Other, Other

6 months ago

I purchased this concealer looking to try a cheap product after losing my old concealer. It costs $3.99 and actually has a shade that works with my very fair cool-neutral toned skin. I purchased the PhotoFocus Concealer in Fair Neutral and this shade works perfectly for me. It blends fabulously on my skin and it is medium coverage, which works for no-makeup looks and works without using foundation. It also worked well on the lids for doing cut-crease eyeshadow looks. It holds up well during an average day of wear and does not require setting powder to stay put. My only criticism was that when I first opened it that it had a slight chemical smell, but I have no smelled it since. I also have to criticize this concealer line for lacking options for deeper skin tones. If there is a shade that works for you in this line I would strongly recommend the concealer.

About reviewer (329 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

8 months ago

I've been using this for a few weeks now. On me it performs about the same as my Maybelline Instant Age Rewind (ie. decent medium coverage... doesn't settle into my wrinkles... stays put all day). I use the Light Ivory for the eyes and Light/Med Beige for around my nose... set with e.l.f. HD powder and I'm good to go. Since I first bought it, Superstore has jacked the price up by $1.51 (was $3.98, now $5.49) but still a bargain compared to MIAR. Will definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

8 months ago

My favorite face product from wet n wild's photofocus line! I've repurchased this several times and its a staple product I can go back to from the drugstore when I get tired of trying out new products. Has medium coverage and can be built up. Texture is less liquidy, a bit dry almost like a whipped consistency but still creamy. I'm an NC42 and I primarily use this concealer to highlight my face (a bit on forehead, under the eyes, etc.) using the shades Medium Tawny (~NC37-40) and Light Medium Beige (~NC30?/35). If i'm going out the door for and just want to add some subtle brightness to my face, I use Medium Tawny around the mouth, under the eyes, on my nose and forehead. When doing a full makeup look or for added brightness, i'll add in some Light/Medium Beige under the eyes or other small areas that need brightening. This lasts a longggggg time on my oily/combination skin. I wear it when i'm traveling around (i'm outside in a lot of humid places) and this is something that still has me looking put together in the heat. Does completely melt off in the heat when set with powder. In short, it's cheap, long-wearing, simple, and it does the job. Only gripe I have is that they don't have enough shades available and i'd love to see this formula with correctors of some sort.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlack

9 months ago

I actually “found” this in my makeup drawer, meaning I had obviously purchased and forgotten it, a very rare occurrence. I also had no recollection of trying it which I obviously did. That’s kind of disturbing actually but I can only assume I was in some kind of cosmetic frenzy. Despite the underlying concern of early onset dementia I was thrilled to “find” it “again”! This has become my ride or die. It goes head to head with shape tape for me. I fine the wnw formula a bit thinner - maybe - the difference is negligible. My one issue was that I much prefer the shape tape doe foot. I had an almost empty (or rather-what remained was unreachable) tube of shape tape so I transferred the wnw into that tube which has worked amazingly for me. I have a system for transferring thick liquid from one narrow tube (bottle technically I guess) to another which I’ll detail at the end of this review in case anyone is interested. In summary - I love this concealer. I find it full coverage, smooth, and no more drying than any other concealer with good coverage (other than the greasy types like IT in an actual tube) Transfer method: Ok. I use a sock. In the toe of the sock I place the “empty” tube/bottle with the mouth facing up. I then place the product I want to transfer upside down directly over that so the two “mouths” are flush against each other. (Both openings have to be close enough in size for this method to be successful - this worked particularly well bc the wnw fits into the shape tape mouth) I hold them into place (usually with my knees) while I tie a knot in the top of the sock so that the two are tightly pressed together (“facing each other”). I then spin the sock from the knot (get some clearance space) and the product from the top vessel goes right into to one placed at the toe. I hope that makes sense. If not I’m happy to clarify just shoot me a pm.

About reviewer (240 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

3.0
from

9 months ago

I like this concealer to an extent. It's cheap, packaging is okay, it's medium to full coverage but quite drying. I only use this to cover blemishes because I find it too drying for under eyes. The shade range isn't that great either, or maybe it was the store selling just a few shades. I have the shade light ivory and it's a bit too yellow for my skin tone (I'm quite fair) but I can make it work. It's an okay concealer but I have yet to find the perfect one so my search will keep going after I run out this one.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

EyesOther

2 years ago

The $4 Wet n' Wild Photofocus Concealer is a very close dupe to the $27 Tarte Shape Tape - Shape Tape is just ever so slightly offering a little more coverage and it has a much larger and plusher doe foot applicator. I have both brands right now as I wanted to compare them against each other and I have gone through the Photofocus Concealer quicker because I needed to apply a little bit more to get the coverage I needed around my eyes, but at that price it's still a solid contender and I will likely continue to get the Photofocus Concealer and not repurchase the Tarte Shape Tape.

About reviewer (203 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

Shade: Dark Cocoa I am using this concealer along side the NYX hd perfect which I have repurchased probably 10 times. I like that this concealer is a little bit thicker than the NYX one, it dries down matte, and it blends and sets well under the eyes. I have small creases under the eyes but I don’t think this concealer exaggerates them or makes them look worse. It covers my dark circles well and I haven’t had any issues with lasting power during the day. I have already purchased a couple back ups of this concealer and I may pick up a lighter shade to use for subtle highlighting.

About reviewer (105 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

2 years ago

I'm loving this concealer. First of all it's suitable for acne-prone skin, HUGE plus for me cause a lot of skin makeup breaks me out like crazy. The price is good, blends like a dream, not too oily nether too dry - pure perfection. Can't say anything about the shades as I was able to find good enough match for me. Honestly, it's very underrated product which deserves more love and recognition.

About reviewer (143 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

EyesGray

from

2 years ago

excellent concealer, especially for dry skin. it's soft and creamy and doesn't cling to dry patches as much as other concealers. great value, and great quality for your money. my only issue, and the reason i took a lippie off, is the shade range. it's pretty horrible. i bought the lightest shade, ivory, and it's really dark and really pink on me. unfortunately, i can't use this concealer anymore because i realized it makes me look like i have dark patches all over my face when i put it on. the formula is really quite lovely though, so if you can find a shade match, i'd definitely recommend trying this one out.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

AgeUnder 18