Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Concealer

Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Concealer
Photo Focus Concealer

3.8

on 2/4/2018 2:43:00 PM

This is my holy trail concealer. Courtesy of genetics I have really dark, deep-set undereye bags. :/ This concealer in ivory does a great job reducing the blue/purple colorings of that area. While nothing will ever hide them completely, I do feel this concealer does a great job making them less prominent.
I also like the formula in that it doesn't seem to crease as much as other formulas (Catrice Liquid Camouflage- I'm talking to you!). I use Elf translucent setting powder after I apply it under the eye in a quick dusting motion and it lasts all day.
Others have commented on the shade range and I too was worried that ivory would be too dark for my fair skin. However, this formula is so light-reflecting that it doesn't look too dark at all when applied. It is seriously perfect and I am pretty darn pale.
On days when my undereye bags are seriously out of control I add 2 little drops of Shade of Light by Bobbie Brown. It is a really, really light concealer with an almost highlighter kind of effect. A little goes a long way, but it lightens up the undereye area beautifully after I have done some masking of the blue/purple colors with this concealer.
And for $3.99--- it is amazing and worth a try by everyone searching for a new concealer.

on 1/30/2018 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this concealer. It has decent (though not full) coverage and doesn't accentuate my dry skin. For reference, I really like the maybelline fit me concealer but I'm looking for a cruelty free alternative (I also do not like the tarte shape tape as I found it really drying under my eyes and overall just too much for day-to-day wear). I do find the fit me concealer more hydrating and easier to blend, but it also doesn't offer as much coverage as this one (which is thicker in consistency). The cruddiest part of this product is the shade range. I'm about an NC20 right now and I'm using "light ivory" which is the lightest shade they have. It pretty much matches my skin (with a slightly pinkier tone) whereas typically I go a shade lighter. If you're paler than me, I'm not sure if there's a shade that would work well.

There's no scent and it comes with a typical doe foot applicator. I do notice that the applicator doesn't pick up a lot product so I find that I have to re-dip quite a bit (and I don't typically use a lot of product). My favourite thing about this is it's good for my under eyes and it also works decently well for blemishes. Wear time is pretty typical but can't complain as the thing only costs $4 USD.

Would recommend you check it out!

on 1/4/2018 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is definitely my HG drugstore brand of concealer. I have a high end brand that's my overall favorite but this one really is amazing and for the price it's truly spectacular! It is perfect for my undereyes but I tried it on blemishes as well and it performs well in that area too. I hope they never discontinue this line.

on 12/28/2017 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have found my drugstore HG concealer. This is now my backup for my MAC ProLongwear for under my eyes. Everything else creases or doesn't work. And LA Girl concealer is the only makeup I'm allergic to. To be fair, I also use BeccaUnderEye brightener under my eyes.

I have this concealer in four shades now so I can play with using it to contour. I am NC 25 and for my underey I mix light ivory and light/medium. For my red spots I use light/medium. I'm using Medium Peach and Dark Cocoa for contouring.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This concealer is a dream for me. It can be easily built up to full coverage without looking cakey. It can be used in my under eye area and on high points of my face to highlight. It can be used on my eye lids to cut the crease. I just love this product! Wet n' Wild has been killing it lately. This is a very opaque, semi-thick, creamy concealer that leaves a beautiful matte finish on the skin. This is great for those days when you wanna skip on the foundation and still maintain good coverage with just a concealer and setting powder. I apply this with the doe foot applicator and use my clean fingers to blend out. The warmth of my body heat helps to emulsify this product and melt it into the skin flawlessly. I'm shocked at the price of this...for the quality of the product, it's a WIN.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this wanting to try a new concealer, and I was hearing pretty good stuff about this one. Right off the bat, I didn't like the shade range. I have very fair skin, and even the lightest shade still looks a little dark on me. For some reason, it looked lighter once I blended it in though. They definitely need to expand the shade range cause 4-5 shades isn't gonna cut it. It seems to have a good wear time, but once it's at the 7-8 hour mark, it'll start creasing and looking greasy. I think this would be good for a person that doesn't need a lot of makeup or if they're just starting out. I wouldn't buy this again cause I have more concealers that I would rather use than this one.

on 11/20/2017 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have this in ivory. This will be a short review because I don't have anything good to say about this except the price is good. The formula is drier than I like and it dries fast with little time to blend it. It also has little or no reflective quality. I am a die hard YSL Touche Eclat user so any under eye concealer has to at least be similar to it(and I have found some). The main thing that makes this a definite NO!.... is that it creases. I tried it without powder, with powder, with a beauty blender, no matter what I do it creases and settles into and accentuates some fine lines under my eyes. Coverage is decent. I don't have dark circles so lots of coverage isn't a big deal to me, but for me...settling into lines and creasing make any concealer a definite give away or into the trash can.

on 11/5/2017 1:50:00 PM

Very happy with this concealer! I use it primarily for undereye darkness but it works well for spot cover up too.

The formula is creamy and smooth, blends evenly without disappearing, and lasts for over 8 hours without creasing or fading. The consistency is “just right” (not too thick, thin or tacky). It doesn’t cause any stinging or skin irritation.

I use the lightest shade and it is a great match for my pale, warm skin tone. It does not appear orange nor does it oxidize.

The doe foot wand is the right choice of an applicator for the formula. The packaging is fine and at under $3, it’s a steal.

I now prefer this to my longtime favorite undereye concealer, the Maybelline Lumi, and definitely recommend it!

The lightest shade is a match to my skin, works well for red coverage but it doesn’t block out veins or dark circles as much as I want in one coat (no color correction). I need a lighter color made for any brightening to the under eyes sadly, and color correction if I want flawless skin, but this actual product is just okay. Will I buy it again? Sure, if I run out and haven’t bought something else to try first. Will I actively seek it out? No.

on 9/19/2017 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this on a whim and it is my new holy grail concealer. For reference- I have dry, dehydrated skin with large pores and sebaceous filaments on my nose, redness on my cheeks, and hormonal acne on my chin. I've had my tube for 3 months and have used it 4-6 times each week, and I'm about 2/3 though the tube.

I've been on the hunt for a concealer that is good for blemishes and under my eyes. Most are either too dry under the eyes, or too creamy on blemishes. This is a perfect texture! It also blends out really well. I use brushes to blend under my eyes and all over my chin, and my fingertips for spot concealing. I've also used a beauty blender/sponge and those work just as well.

I really love that this concealer doesn't emphasize any texture. I have a lot of flakiness on my forehead, and blemishes can tend to have texture that is hard to cover. Most concealers also cake up/collect around my nose and in the pores. As long as I make sure to moisturize & exfoliate properly, this makes my skin look perfectly smooth. The staying power is also awesome- unless I touch my face, this will stay on for a full work day. I always set it with a powder, but it stays on decently well without setting-between 6-7 hours unless it's particularly hot or humid. Considering I can only get 2-4 hours on blemishes from other concealers, this is really good. I haven't noticed it creasing under my eyes, either.

The worst part of this concealer is the shade range. I'm lucky that it matches me so well, but they really need to extend the color options. Also, I like a doe foot applicator, but I know that it can be really easy for it to collect bacteria, whereas a squeeze tube would be more sanitary. Other than that, though, I can't think of many cons.

If you're looking for a multitasking concealer and find a color that matches you, I'd definitely say to give this a shot. This isn't just good for the price, it's truly a great concealer and I will be sure to repurchase when I run out.