wet n wild Photo Focus Concealer

wet n wild Photo Focus Concealer
Photo Focus Concealer

3.9

Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Isostearic Acid, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propanediol, Dimethiconol, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, (MAY CONTAIN/ PEUT CONTENIR): Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Mica, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines/CI 77007.

on 7/22/2018 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The $4 Wet n' Wild Photofocus Concealer is a very close dupe to the $27 Tarte Shape Tape - Shape Tape is just ever so slightly offering a little more coverage and it has a much larger and plusher doe foot applicator.

I have both brands right now as I wanted to compare them against each other and I have gone through the Photofocus Concealer quicker because I needed to apply a little bit more to get the coverage I needed around my eyes, but at that price it's still a solid contender and I will likely continue to get the Photofocus Concealer and not repurchase the Tarte Shape Tape.

on 6/29/2018 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Shade: Dark Cocoa
I am using this concealer along side the NYX hd perfect which I have repurchased probably 10 times. I like that this concealer is a little bit thicker than the NYX one, it dries down matte, and it blends and sets well under the eyes. I have small creases under the eyes but I don’t think this concealer exaggerates them or makes them look worse. It covers my dark circles well and I haven’t had any issues with lasting power during the day. I have already purchased a couple back ups of this concealer and I may pick up a lighter shade to use for subtle highlighting.

I'm loving this concealer. First of all it's suitable for acne-prone skin, HUGE plus for me cause a lot of skin makeup breaks me out like crazy. The price is good, blends like a dream, not too oily nether too dry - pure perfection. Can't say anything about the shades as I was able to find good enough match for me. Honestly, it's very underrated product which deserves more love and recognition.

on 5/23/2018 10:19:00 AM

excellent concealer, especially for dry skin. it's soft and creamy and doesn't cling to dry patches as much as other concealers. great value, and great quality for your money.

my only issue, and the reason i took a lippie off, is the shade range. it's pretty horrible. i bought the lightest shade, ivory, and it's really dark and really pink on me. unfortunately, i can't use this concealer anymore because i realized it makes me look like i have dark patches all over my face when i put it on. the formula is really quite lovely though, so if you can find a shade match, i'd definitely recommend trying this one out.

on 3/10/2018 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Pretty good all round! I have dry skin and do not find it drying. Good coverage and an even better price! Will definitely repurchase

As an nc-20, the lightest shade is light enough but probably wouldn't work if you are fairer than that. I actually like the next shade because it has peachy yellow tones I wear this as a light to medium coverage Foundation all over my face since it is so inexpensive I don't feel bad about using it liberally it isn't full coverage and I can't imagine how people think it's a dupe for shape tape I would buy it again but only to use as Foundation

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is the only concealer I've used since I bought it. I use the lightest shade and I'm around NC15. I find it to be around medium coverage and very blendable.

on 2/4/2018 2:43:00 PM

This is my holy trail concealer. Courtesy of genetics I have really dark, deep-set undereye bags. :/ This concealer in ivory does a great job reducing the blue/purple colorings of that area. While nothing will ever hide them completely, I do feel this concealer does a great job making them less prominent.
I also like the formula in that it doesn't seem to crease as much as other formulas (Catrice Liquid Camouflage- I'm talking to you!). I use Elf translucent setting powder after I apply it under the eye in a quick dusting motion and it lasts all day.
Others have commented on the shade range and I too was worried that ivory would be too dark for my fair skin. However, this formula is so light-reflecting that it doesn't look too dark at all when applied. It is seriously perfect and I am pretty darn pale.
On days when my undereye bags are seriously out of control I add 2 little drops of Shade of Light by Bobbie Brown. It is a really, really light concealer with an almost highlighter kind of effect. A little goes a long way, but it lightens up the undereye area beautifully after I have done some masking of the blue/purple colors with this concealer.
And for $3.99--- it is amazing and worth a try by everyone searching for a new concealer.

on 1/30/2018 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this concealer. It has decent (though not full) coverage and doesn't accentuate my dry skin. For reference, I really like the maybelline fit me concealer but I'm looking for a cruelty free alternative (I also do not like the tarte shape tape as I found it really drying under my eyes and overall just too much for day-to-day wear). I do find the fit me concealer more hydrating and easier to blend, but it also doesn't offer as much coverage as this one (which is thicker in consistency). The cruddiest part of this product is the shade range. I'm about an NC20 right now and I'm using "light ivory" which is the lightest shade they have. It pretty much matches my skin (with a slightly pinkier tone) whereas typically I go a shade lighter. If you're paler than me, I'm not sure if there's a shade that would work well.

There's no scent and it comes with a typical doe foot applicator. I do notice that the applicator doesn't pick up a lot product so I find that I have to re-dip quite a bit (and I don't typically use a lot of product). My favourite thing about this is it's good for my under eyes and it also works decently well for blemishes. Wear time is pretty typical but can't complain as the thing only costs $4 USD.

Would recommend you check it out!

on 1/4/2018 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is definitely my HG drugstore brand of concealer. I have a high end brand that's my overall favorite but this one really is amazing and for the price it's truly spectacular! It is perfect for my undereyes but I tried it on blemishes as well and it performs well in that area too. I hope they never discontinue this line.