Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Concealer

Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Concealer
Photo Focus Concealer

3.7

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this wanting to try a new concealer, and I was hearing pretty good stuff about this one. Right off the bat, I didn't like the shade range. I have very fair skin, and even the lightest shade still looks a little dark on me. For some reason, it looked lighter once I blended it in though. They definitely need to expand the shade range cause 4-5 shades isn't gonna cut it. It seems to have a good wear time, but once it's at the 7-8 hour mark, it'll start creasing and looking greasy. I think this would be good for a person that doesn't need a lot of makeup or if they're just starting out. I wouldn't buy this again cause I have more concealers that I would rather use than this one.

on 11/20/2017 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have this in ivory. This will be a short review because I don't have anything good to say about this except the price is good. The formula is drier than I like and it dries fast with little time to blend it. It also has little or no reflective quality. I am a die hard YSL Touche Eclat user so any under eye concealer has to at least be similar to it(and I have found some). The main thing that makes this a definite NO!.... is that it creases. I tried it without powder, with powder, with a beauty blender, no matter what I do it creases and settles into and accentuates some fine lines under my eyes. Coverage is decent. I don't have dark circles so lots of coverage isn't a big deal to me, but for me...settling into lines and creasing make any concealer a definite give away or into the trash can.

on 11/5/2017 1:50:00 PM

Very happy with this concealer! I use it primarily for undereye darkness but it works well for spot cover up too.

The formula is creamy and smooth, blends evenly without disappearing, and lasts for over 8 hours without creasing or fading. The consistency is “just right” (not too thick, thin or tacky). It doesn’t cause any stinging or skin irritation.

I use the lightest shade and it is a great match for my pale, warm skin tone. It does not appear orange nor does it oxidize.

The doe foot wand is the right choice of an applicator for the formula. The packaging is fine and at under $3, it’s a steal.

I now prefer this to my longtime favorite undereye concealer, the Maybelline Lumi, and definitely recommend it!

The lightest shade is a match to my skin, works well for red coverage but it doesn’t block out veins or dark circles as much as I want in one coat (no color correction). I need a lighter color made for any brightening to the under eyes sadly, and color correction if I want flawless skin, but this actual product is just okay. Will I buy it again? Sure, if I run out and haven’t bought something else to try first. Will I actively seek it out? No.

on 9/19/2017 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this on a whim and it is my new holy grail concealer. For reference- I have dry, dehydrated skin with large pores and sebaceous filaments on my nose, redness on my cheeks, and hormonal acne on my chin. I've had my tube for 3 months and have used it 4-6 times each week, and I'm about 2/3 though the tube.

I've been on the hunt for a concealer that is good for blemishes and under my eyes. Most are either too dry under the eyes, or too creamy on blemishes. This is a perfect texture! It also blends out really well. I use brushes to blend under my eyes and all over my chin, and my fingertips for spot concealing. I've also used a beauty blender/sponge and those work just as well.

I really love that this concealer doesn't emphasize any texture. I have a lot of flakiness on my forehead, and blemishes can tend to have texture that is hard to cover. Most concealers also cake up/collect around my nose and in the pores. As long as I make sure to moisturize & exfoliate properly, this makes my skin look perfectly smooth. The staying power is also awesome- unless I touch my face, this will stay on for a full work day. I always set it with a powder, but it stays on decently well without setting-between 6-7 hours unless it's particularly hot or humid. Considering I can only get 2-4 hours on blemishes from other concealers, this is really good. I haven't noticed it creasing under my eyes, either.

The worst part of this concealer is the shade range. I'm lucky that it matches me so well, but they really need to extend the color options. Also, I like a doe foot applicator, but I know that it can be really easy for it to collect bacteria, whereas a squeeze tube would be more sanitary. Other than that, though, I can't think of many cons.

If you're looking for a multitasking concealer and find a color that matches you, I'd definitely say to give this a shot. This isn't just good for the price, it's truly a great concealer and I will be sure to repurchase when I run out.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very nice product. It's creamy and covers undereye and minor blemishes very well. Something that holds true for most Wet 'n' Wild products is that they are satisfactory in quality and low in price; this is no different. Having said that, though, there are better concealers out there, however this fits the bill if you need a good product fast (sold in drugstores), and don't have a lot of extra money. I would repurchase, but one down side to these concealers is they lack warm toned options... I think I'm recalling just one, but I didn't think that it would match my skin tone. So, I may repurchase this, but I'm probably going to be on the lookout for one that matches my skin tone a bit better. I'll keep this one in mind though for when I need a backup and don't have time to waste.

on 7/13/2017 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't think this concealer is perfect for everybody, but it's perfect for me. For reference, I am 41 years old (NC 15) with some under eye darkness and fine lines. My goal with concealer is to cancel out some of the under eye darkness. Just to offer you some comparisons, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind, and Tarte Tape Shape are too thick for my under eye area. I think they'd be just fine for a younger person, but on me they both emphasize lines and make the skin texture appear worse than it is. Maybelline Fit Me was thin and streaky -- which is closer to the kind of texture that I need -- but it oxidized and didn't cover well enough. So there's my issues!

I picked up Photo Focus on a whim and so far, I actually really love it. I dab on a tiny dot or two just in the under eye crevice, and use my fingertip or the Elf Fluffy Concealer Brush to gently dab it in, then I set it lightly with the Elf Undereye Setting Powder and it stays put for five or six hours before it begins to slightly break down. You have to be really close to my face, however, to actually notice that it's breaking down and from a conversational distance, the under eye area appears healthy and bright for a good seven or eight hours so I'm really happy with it!

I don't think this concealer would be ideal if you're looking for a lot of coverage. At my age, however, concealers (everything from Maybelline to Nars to Tarte) creases or emphasizes the fine lines, so what I am looking for is something to just lighten up the area without screaming "look at these caked up lines!" and this product does that for me. I have also used this concealer to cover a sun spot on my forehead and it worked nicely for that as well.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this in 841B Light/Medium Beige as something to throw in my bag & it had served me well., shape tape it is not however it's perfectly adequate & fine for keeping in my bag where it may not see the light of day for a week at a time. 1 of the best DS concealers. Not too thin but blends well! I am NC20 & it's a good match I can't stand the reversed raccoon under eye look on myself (too pale of concealer a la The Donald [Trump]).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

For reference; I use Wet n Wild Photo Focus foundation in Porcelain, and use the shade Light Ivory for the concealer. My other concealers are Maybelline Instant Age Rewind in Fair, and Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea in Fair.

Photo Focús isn't the best concealer out there, but it's a great buy for those of us who are watching their pennies. I use it over [currently matching] foundation, and am happy with the results; my skin appears even, most blemishes are covered [it can struggle to evenly cover raised, full-on, spots/nicks] and my under eye shadows are greatly reduced - what more can you ask for?

It's not a totally perfect concealer, but I have very dry skin and this doesn't empathize or irritate it, and it doesn't cake around/in the lines around my eyes, or patches of dry skin, so it is on my 'rebuy' list - I'm happy to not have perfect coverage, so long as the formula works well with my skin type and doesn't cost the earth. It works just as well as my other concealers, but this is cheaper so is my top choice.

Overall it isn't the worst concealer that I've tried but I don't really recommend this product. The coverage isn't really good and it did crease throughout the day, also the concealer didn't last all day even though I've set the concealer with powder and finishing spray. Don't waste your money on this product because there are a lot better concealers ut there at the drugstore.