MAC Paint Pot in Nice Composure

1 review

on 2/3/2017 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

MAC describes this as "mid-tone cool grey," which is fairly correct--I find it to be a mid-tone grey with strong lavender undertones and a bit of sheen. This shade looks medium lavender in the pot and in several swatches I'd seen online. Since I bought it sight unseen, I bet on the photos and was wrong. It's a bit dark for me to use on my entire lid (although I think it would be quite wearable for most), but it makes a great, subtle liner for me. I love Paint Pots and have several because I find them so easy to apply and they wear amazingly, but as a liner, they are incredible. The creaminess that allows the application of a thin layer also allows it to be picked up easily on a liner brush (I use Smashbox's angled brush), and it glides on like a dream and wears as well or better than it does as a shadow or a base. I went over the first application once to give a bit more definition with no flaking/balling up/taking off the first layer, and it lasted all day. I would not repurchase this shade, but I'll be looking at the darker shades (which I would not normally wear) to use as liners.