Maybelline New York Dream Cushion

Maybelline New York Dream Cushion
Dream Cushion

3.4

I really don't like gimmicky stuff but i broke down and tried this. The applicator was no good for me but it applied just fine with fingertips. I got this in medium beige and it was a little too dark/yellow for me. I am pretty fair but i am tan for summer so i purposely bought a darker color. I would not repurchase because for me it wasn't enough coverage. I would say this is a light coverage and my skin still thinks it's sixteen so I need something more :( If you got the right color and you only need that light coverage this stuff would probably be a good buy....

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Lightweight, looks so natural and skin-light, and doesn't cake up no matter how much I apply. I wouldn't use if you were very oily because it does provide a nice dewy finish. It's also not buildable and the coverage is light, so I only use it when it's a good skin day or it's very humid out because of how light it is. I do not use the sponge it came with because it's pretty much useless.

I took a lippie off because like most cushions, you do not get a lot of product on the sponge, so it will not last as long as tradition liquid foundations. For $13, I can get a full ounce of product that will last months and months.

on 6/27/2018 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

The best part about this foundation is how portable it is. The little package makes it great for travel because you can take it with you and you have a mirror and applicator. I bought mine in the shade Porcelain and for my light skin is matches well though a tiny bit of oxidation. The finish is light to medium coverage and quite a bit shiny (similar to the IT cosmetics CC). I find it best to use the NYX HD powder to use over it in order to get rid of the shine. I have much more fine powder from Too Faced but it doesn't make the shine disappear. Overall it is a natural finish which I really like. For oily skin, it doesn't hold up on my nose and t-zone. I wouldn't use this on a day where I need my make up to last. I might use this foundation if I'm at home more or traveling where I could touch it up on the go. The biggest downside I would say is how long the foundation lasts. I haven't used it all that much but I find it harder and harder to get foundation on the applicator. Again, this would be ok for a trip, but not to keep long-term at home.

on 6/6/2018 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this foundation!!!!

I have a pink undertone and a lot of "rosiness" to my face. I bought the shade "Porcelain", and it covers beautifully. It's not a full on, full coverage foundation at all, but it gives you a natural but even look to your skin. I don't have a lot of blemishes to cover such as acne or scarring, just the redness, and it is great for this. I set with a light dusting of translucent powder and it looks amazing. It does not catch on dry patches, but you may need to add a little bit of primer to areas you have enlarged pores.

When I apply it, I use the sponge it comes with and press it in to my skin all over. You could probably also use a beauty blender, but I don't recommend using a brush or your hands. It does not look streaky or uneven.

I HIGHLY recommend this product to people with similar skin type/skin issues as I have for an effortless, even but natural look to your skin.

on 5/28/2018 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I use shade 30/warm nude. Am pleased, will repurchase. I use this shade for summer, as it matches my self tanner.

My skin is on the oily side of normal/oily. Meaning, i blot around 3 or 4 pm, and am good other than that. Have uneven skin tone and medium pores in t zone, but not much texture anymore (thanks, K Beauty routine). This leaves skin-like finish, evens out my skin tone, and doesnt cake or separate. I sometimes set with powder, sometimes not.

I dont need much coverage (especially becauae the fake tan evens my skin tone already) so i cant speak to whether it really covers. But it layers nicely. I use the puff provided to apply, and it does work well for me. The sponge is built for using with a cushion foundation. I've washed it, and that worked fine.

It's not exactly cheap for DS, but i think it is worth it for an easy daily wear workhorse if you can find a shade match. The shade range isnt large. It doesnt come with refills/refills arent available. There are other cushion options, but this is the first i've tried and i like it.

I love it to cover up my ance scars and break outs but I wish it had a ance fighting formula in it like elf does

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought this product at the dollar store for only 9.49 and surprisingly it works wonders. I'm very cool-toned and VERY pale which means there wasn't a shade for me but the Fit Me Concealer brightened it up just fine. I think the product is fine if you can work with it. I'm not as much of a Makeup lover as everybody else and absolutely hate full coverage foundations, but Maybelline's products are a win for me. The only problem for me is the shade range, I wish there were more darker tones for WOC and more paler shades for women like myself who look like a ghost. The product itself is actually super cute and innovative with the built in blending puff, it's so easy for travel and on the go stuff. Overall, I really like this product.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This foundation took a while for to form an opinion on, but the more I use it, the more I like it. I think the packaging is so chic for drugstore, and I find Maybelline's "Dream" line nostalgic, it reminds me of their foundations that I used to tote around in high school. The puff is super comfortable to hold, it doesn't feel unnatural, and I can apply just enough pressure to pick up the amount I want. I like that it's buildable, although it dries kind of quickly, so once you learn to work fast, the foundation is great. It looks so natural and has a great natural skin finish. The shades run too dark on me, but I'm very fair, but can usually be matched with enough blending. It wears gracefully and stays until I take it off at the end of the night. It's fun to use and I like that I don't have to get up and get my beauty blender, the sponge it comes with works great on its own.

on 3/11/2018 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

NOT IMPRESSED. I wanted to try it because it was supposed to be hydrating and light coverage. No on both. In order to get coverage at all, I had to use a lot and then it looked caked. I was very disappointed in this product. The price point is okay, but the product is awful. I'm not sure if I got a defective one or if it is really this bad. It also oxidizes at least a shade or two darker because in no world was my shade ivory.

This product is such a ripoff! I paid nearly $13 for a cheap sponge splashed with foundation. I'll bet there isn't more than a teaspoon of foundation soaked into that sponge. I expected so much more.