Maybelline Dream Cushion

Dream Cushion

on 3/11/2018 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

NOT IMPRESSED. I wanted to try it because it was supposed to be hydrating and light coverage. No on both. In order to get coverage at all, I had to use a lot and then it looked caked. I was very disappointed in this product. The price point is okay, but the product is awful. I'm not sure if I got a defective one or if it is really this bad. It also oxidizes at least a shade or two darker because in no world was my shade ivory.

This product is such a ripoff! I paid nearly $13 for a cheap sponge splashed with foundation. I'll bet there isn't more than a teaspoon of foundation soaked into that sponge. I expected so much more.

on 2/9/2018 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yes, a pharmacy Gem! This is such a great foundation, It is a smooth application (with the sponge it comes with), it sets quickly. It intitially provides a radiant finsih then it starts to mattify, on me at least (i have dehydrated skin) but the finish is flawless!!! it smooths over pores.. yet it is still skin like. The coverage is medium-full. The colour I have is "01 Natural Ivory" in Australia, I am nc15-20, and this is a perfect colour match! It is neutral (pink/yellow equal amounts), though I am more yellow tone, yet this works amazingly! A must have, I am very impressed, this works perfect over my tricky nose pores.

on 2/2/2018 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I must sing this foundation's praises. This stuff is an very unexpected surprise- it goes on feather-light, covers what I want to cover but still looks like my skin. I don't have to powder over it because it dries down nicely and manages not to feel tacky most of the day. Blush and bronzer apply smoothly. I use a Tarte foundation brush (came in a kit from QVC) that buffs it on quickly and beautifully. Just love it! Think I need to buy a few backups because lately I find my faves getting dc'd.

on 1/31/2018 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this when I noticed it's made in Korea but I'm not sure who produces it for Maybelline. It's not scented and no need to order online when I can find in drugstores locally. I had to return the first colour since it went on really dark if my moisturizer was too rich.

I love the ease of use and quick application with no mess. It has a nice cooling feeling but the coverage is not great. However, I found a workaround by layering a mineral makeup that didn't have enough coverage. Topped with the cushion it gives enough coverage and balances the dewiness that can get more oily in a few hours. Beware, in dryer climates (when I was in LA) it dried on my face and looked cakey and powdery so I had to really prime it a lot with moisturizer. I used it to moisten my face throughout the day like a reverse powdering instead of removing oil I'm adding a layer of foundation.

I think it's got a SPF rating in the US (I'm in Canada) but the coverage is too thin and it doesn't last. The workaround is to use a primer or sunscreen that is too drying and pasty on the skin. Topped with the cushion it balances the dryness and gives decent coverage and sun protection. If you have severe scarring you might need a primer that really blurs imperfections.

This is a nice intro to the cushion fad though Almay was first with the Touch Pad idea. I hope my Korean refills will fit the case. It's a total shame Maybelline isn't offering any refills for this in order to stay competitive with the K-Beauty craze.

on 1/2/2018 5:31:00 PM

So my whole thing with foundations is trying to find something that doesn't flake up so much - every tinted product turns my face into a dust bowl.
This one does it real bad. Was hoping it could work for touch ups at work, at least - I work night shifts, so it wouldn't even have to hold up in daylight - but it doesn't work even for that on me.
(Mac face & body is the least "flakey" foundation I've used lately, btw. No coverage tho.)

So far this is working out very well l. The coverage is good -- not settling into my large pores, lasting 9+ hours since application. Finish is in the sweet spot between matte and overly "radiant." Just a little dewiness. Plus, the porcelain shade is a good match. I like a sponge application, and this is a lot faster than messing around with my beauty blender.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I Agree with the previous reviewer that the coverage is poor . I keep a power with to touch up with because by the time I get to work I'm sweating and when I take my first 10 even more. It's too sheer.

on 6/14/2017 4:33:00 PM

The packaging is very basic, reminiscent of the first few cushions that came out in Korea. I purchased this on a whim because it has NO SUNSCREEN and I am allergic to all sunscreens in cushions (normally titanium dioxide.)
Funnily enough, I love the colour that I got (10 Porcelain) which is a great match for NC20. The texture is thin, long lasting, although very dewy. I would NOT recommend this for those who have oily skin.

Only con is the cost - $13-20 in Canada (13 only at Walmart, and recently it rose in price to $15!)
Another thing is I run through these in 2 months, even after flipping both sides.

While I do want some backups if I find them on a cheap price again for my emergency bag, I'm not too sure if it is the most cost effective product. I prefer purchasing my MUFE HD liquid foundations as they last longer, but in the end, the price is almost the same at about $100 a year.

on 7/15/2017 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

My reason for buying this product (first cushion foundation!) was so that I could carry it in my purse with me to work. That's the best thing about cushion! I can touch up my makeup easily. That said, the coverage of this is pretty poor. Color match is excellent for me though. It serves me well enough as a touch up foundation over my regular liquid foundation, but I wouldn't wear this on its own because it is low coverage. I wouldn't repurchase. I will try some other brand on my next purchase.