Maybelline Dream Cushion

No Image

3.3

So far this is working out very well l. The coverage is good -- not settling into my large pores, lasting 9+ hours since application. Finish is in the sweet spot between matte and overly "radiant." Just a little dewiness. Plus, the porcelain shade is a good match. I like a sponge application, and this is a lot faster than messing around with my beauty blender.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I Agree with the previous reviewer that the coverage is poor . I keep a power with to touch up with because by the time I get to work I'm sweating and when I take my first 10 even more. It's too sheer.

on 6/14/2017 4:33:00 PM

The packaging is very basic, reminiscent of the first few cushions that came out in Korea. I purchased this on a whim because it has NO SUNSCREEN and I am allergic to all sunscreens in cushions (normally titanium dioxide.)
Funnily enough, I love the colour that I got (10 Porcelain) which is a great match for NC20. The texture is thin, long lasting, although very dewy. I would NOT recommend this for those who have oily skin.

Only con is the cost - $13-20 in Canada (13 only at Walmart, and recently it rose in price to $15!)
Another thing is I run through these in 2 months, even after flipping both sides.

While I do want some backups if I find them on a cheap price again for my emergency bag, I'm not too sure if it is the most cost effective product. I prefer purchasing my MUFE HD liquid foundations as they last longer, but in the end, the price is almost the same at about $100 a year.

on 6/1/2017 5:39:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this product because I have just been getting into K beauty and skincare but Korean cushion foundations are way less accessible. I found the product at Rite Aid near my work and decided to try it on a whim. Turns out it's actually made in Korea.

This is a very thin, lightweight consistency foundation with a natural finish and light coverage. It is somewhat buildable but for some reason I can't seem to build up the coverage on my nose (the bridge of my nose is a bit pink so I try to tone it down somewhat). The lightest shade is a very good shade match for me, slightly yellower than my natural skin tone but it blends in well and balances out my redness. I don't notice a scent when I use it, but I'm not super sensitive to fragrances.

It does very minimally collect in the crease right around my nostrils but not very noticeably. If I layer too much on it can look a little makeuppy, but I prefer a light hand generally so this isn't a problem. One awesome thing about this cushion is that it covers my undereye circles decently enough that I don't feel like I *need* concealer for a quick, everyday makeup. I have also used the cushion as a spot concealer with my finger or a brush when I have been in a hurry with only time to cover select blemishes and red marks.

A couple downsides on packaging: it is bulky, as most cushion compacts are, and it seems like it might dry out if I don't use it up. It is impossible to wash the puff clean of makeup (which I guess is why K beauty bloggers recommend buying extra puffs). I do really like how the product goes on with the puff, though. Lastly, it's just waaaayyyy less cute packaging than Korean brands make.

Price wise, the cost of this is totally palatable, but you don't actually get much product, so I docked a star for that. This is apparently just how cushion compacts are, but you can't refill this one like you can with a lot of Korean cushions.

All in all, I really like it and would repurchase! If I don't it's only because I want to try out different cushions first.

on 7/15/2017 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

My reason for buying this product (first cushion foundation!) was so that I could carry it in my purse with me to work. That's the best thing about cushion! I can touch up my makeup easily. That said, the coverage of this is pretty poor. Color match is excellent for me though. It serves me well enough as a touch up foundation over my regular liquid foundation, but I wouldn't wear this on its own because it is low coverage. I wouldn't repurchase. I will try some other brand on my next purchase.

Cute idea to jump on the Korean makeup trend, but it barely covers and it doesn't stay. The little "puff" is cheap. I feel like this product will be discontinued soon.

on 4/7/2017 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wanted to love this! It felt so light on my skin, blurred my post-period pimple, didn't cling onto my nose patches, finished glowy on my dehydrated skin, softened the appearance of my wrinkles, and didn't clog my easily-clogged pores! Great for buildable, light-medium coverage. Unfortunately, 40 True Beige gave me a gray cast, and 45 Medium Beige too orange for my NC40-42 skin.

on 4/12/2017 10:50:00 AM

I am surprised at some of the negative reviews. This foundation goes on beautifully, very buildable yet extremely light. I do not like the feeling of wearing foundation so this is right up my alley. This foundation does not have a chemical fragrance, as some of the reviewers state. It has no smell at all. The price is way more reasonable than, say, Lancome and on par with L'Oreal. The only downside is that you don't get much product but that's true of all cushions whether it costs $15 or $50. This is not a thick foundation, so if you are looking for something to mask serious problems, it might not be the product for you. Also, I don't think that the bad reviews due to foundation being the wrong color are fair. If you got the wrong color for you, it doesn't mean it's a bad product. I am NW15 and got Porcelain and it works very nicely. The finish of this isn't matte, it just looks and feels like skin. I really like using this foundation and hope Maybelline continues to make it.

on 4/3/2017 4:51:00 PM

This product has mixed reviews but I always seem to like products that the majority doesn't. I am annoyed that people are whining about the price, especially when they don't like it. I think something is only expensive if it doesn't work, and I'd gladly pay more for it because I like it so much. Also, when talking liquids, I've seen complaints about not getting a full Oz. I don't think it's even possible to use the equivalent of 1-2 pumps on the face with this. Also, there is little waste if you use the puff. You can't compare apples to oranges! I'm interested to see how much use I can get out of it, though.

I have been using trentinoin for a little over a year so my skin is in really good condition. I find the coverage light but buildable to medium. I have oily skin and it holds up really well. Doesn't cling to dry patches and would call it somewhere between a dewy and satin finish. I use it with Mac MSFN and it's a winning combo- looks just like skin. It blew my HG fdtn out of the water and thus it's a keeper.

on 4/24/2017 11:46:00 PM

I got this cushion in shade 30 - Warm Nude which is a perfect color match for me who has light-medium skin with a yellow undertone.

Pros
- Natural finish, looks like skin!
- Travel friendly
- Good coverage. It was able to cover my acne scars and pores.
- Cushion applicator is easy to use

Cons
- Not long wearing (4-5 hours)
- Foundation dries up after 2-3 months due to the packaging
- Weird baby powder scent