Maybelline Dream Cushion

Dream Cushion

3.3

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought this product at the dollar store for only 9.49 and surprisingly it works wonders. I'm very cool-toned and VERY pale which means there wasn't a shade for me but the Fit Me Concealer brightened it up just fine. I think the product is fine if you can work with it. I'm not as much of a Makeup lover as everybody else and absolutely hate full coverage foundations, but Maybelline's products are a win for me. The only problem for me is the shade range, I wish there were more darker tones for WOC and more paler shades for women like myself who look like a ghost. The product itself is actually super cute and innovative with the built in blending puff, it's so easy for travel and on the go stuff. Overall, I really like this product.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This foundation took a while for to form an opinion on, but the more I use it, the more I like it. I think the packaging is so chic for drugstore, and I find Maybelline's "Dream" line nostalgic, it reminds me of their foundations that I used to tote around in high school. The puff is super comfortable to hold, it doesn't feel unnatural, and I can apply just enough pressure to pick up the amount I want. I like that it's buildable, although it dries kind of quickly, so once you learn to work fast, the foundation is great. It looks so natural and has a great natural skin finish. The shades run too dark on me, but I'm very fair, but can usually be matched with enough blending. It wears gracefully and stays until I take it off at the end of the night. It's fun to use and I like that I don't have to get up and get my beauty blender, the sponge it comes with works great on its own.

on 3/11/2018 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

NOT IMPRESSED. I wanted to try it because it was supposed to be hydrating and light coverage. No on both. In order to get coverage at all, I had to use a lot and then it looked caked. I was very disappointed in this product. The price point is okay, but the product is awful. I'm not sure if I got a defective one or if it is really this bad. It also oxidizes at least a shade or two darker because in no world was my shade ivory.

This product is such a ripoff! I paid nearly $13 for a cheap sponge splashed with foundation. I'll bet there isn't more than a teaspoon of foundation soaked into that sponge. I expected so much more.

on 2/9/2018 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yes, a pharmacy Gem! This is such a great foundation, It is a smooth application (with the sponge it comes with), it sets quickly. It intitially provides a radiant finsih then it starts to mattify, on me at least (i have dehydrated skin) but the finish is flawless!!! it smooths over pores.. yet it is still skin like. The coverage is medium-full. The colour I have is "01 Natural Ivory" in Australia, I am nc15-20, and this is a perfect colour match! It is neutral (pink/yellow equal amounts), though I am more yellow tone, yet this works amazingly! A must have, I am very impressed, this works perfect over my tricky nose pores.

on 2/2/2018 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I must sing this foundation's praises. This stuff is an very unexpected surprise- it goes on feather-light, covers what I want to cover but still looks like my skin. I don't have to powder over it because it dries down nicely and manages not to feel tacky most of the day. Blush and bronzer apply smoothly. I use a Tarte foundation brush (came in a kit from QVC) that buffs it on quickly and beautifully. Just love it! Think I need to buy a few backups because lately I find my faves getting dc'd.

on 1/31/2018 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this when I noticed it's made in Korea but I'm not sure who produces it for Maybelline. It's not scented and no need to order online when I can find in drugstores locally. I had to return the first colour since it went on really dark if my moisturizer was too rich.

I love the ease of use and quick application with no mess. It has a nice cooling feeling but the coverage is not great. However, I found a workaround by layering a mineral makeup that didn't have enough coverage. Topped with the cushion it gives enough coverage and balances the dewiness that can get more oily in a few hours. Beware, in dryer climates (when I was in LA) it dried on my face and looked cakey and powdery so I had to really prime it a lot with moisturizer. I used it to moisten my face throughout the day like a reverse powdering instead of removing oil I'm adding a layer of foundation.

I think it's got a SPF rating in the US (I'm in Canada) but the coverage is too thin and it doesn't last. The workaround is to use a primer or sunscreen that is too drying and pasty on the skin. Topped with the cushion it balances the dryness and gives decent coverage and sun protection. If you have severe scarring you might need a primer that really blurs imperfections.

This is a nice intro to the cushion fad though Almay was first with the Touch Pad idea. I hope my Korean refills will fit the case. It's a total shame Maybelline isn't offering any refills for this in order to stay competitive with the K-Beauty craze.

on 1/2/2018 5:31:00 PM

So my whole thing with foundations is trying to find something that doesn't flake up so much - every tinted product turns my face into a dust bowl.
This one does it real bad. Was hoping it could work for touch ups at work, at least - I work night shifts, so it wouldn't even have to hold up in daylight - but it doesn't work even for that on me.
(Mac face & body is the least "flakey" foundation I've used lately, btw. No coverage tho.)

So far this is working out very well l. The coverage is good -- not settling into my large pores, lasting 9+ hours since application. Finish is in the sweet spot between matte and overly "radiant." Just a little dewiness. Plus, the porcelain shade is a good match. I like a sponge application, and this is a lot faster than messing around with my beauty blender.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I Agree with the previous reviewer that the coverage is poor . I keep a power with to touch up with because by the time I get to work I'm sweating and when I take my first 10 even more. It's too sheer.