SHISEIDO Synchro Skin Glow Luminizing Fluid Foundation

on 7/23/2018 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

nice product

on 7/23/2018 12:45:00 AM

i have this in liquid foundation & cushion foundation in shade G2.
I love love love the glowy & dewy look it gave me, decent light to medium coverage.

My skin has recently been very drying, so i have been putting some heavy skincare before applying my makeup,
and i use cotty airspun after applying this foundation,
it lasted me whole day, no blotting, no oxidation, i look great, radiance & natural.

if used with a beautyblender like i did, you will only get light coverage, buildable but not very much difference.
I prefer the cushion type as it's almost the same, but slightly more dewy & hydrating with slightly better coverage.

i used to have combo oily skin, but recently due to the clay mask i have been using, my skin is now combo dry,
so this foundation is great for me.

Im shade Y235 for (Makeup forever ultra HD foundation), Wet & wild photofocus Rose Ivory.

This is expensive for a foundation, but it's really hard to find a dewy, radiance foundation on the market as most foundation i've seen around are mostly matts or semi-matt / satin finish.

I have both the Skin Glow and the Lasting in Golden3. For this glowy version, I don't like it. I feel like it sits in my pores and make them look bigger. It has obvious glitter in it and I feel like it doesn't set even though I have dry skin. I tried mixing it with the lasting one and I still feel like there's too much glitter. I think this foundation is good for people who don't have skin problem and just want dewy foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I did not expect to love this foundation as I'm all about light coverage of tinted moisturisers and this one is medium coverage. However, I really liked the luminosity it gave to my skin. I used Neutral 2 at first and it was a bit too light for my skin that is around NC20 with light self-tan so now I'm mixing it with Neutral 3. This makes your skin glow without any glitter/shimmer, just a really healthy light-reflecting look. I have to blend it quite a bit with damp beauty blender for natural-looking coverage but overall it lasts me a whole work day, although sometimes half-way through it would settle into creases around eyes and some days when I use too much trying to cover something I can see the texture on my skin, as in you can see there's foundation there. I use settling powder in the oily areas as without it they would get shiny after a few hours but that's pretty standard for me.
Like any luminous foundation, this will emphasize your pores so I avoid using it where I have enlarged pores.
It is not as luminous as Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser (love the glow on that one but it's difficult to make work for day makeup) or Jouer (that one is a bit too glittery for me) but is similar in effect, just more subdued.

I chose this foundation because of how matching the colour is to my skin tone. It comes with a nice pump that allows you to control the amount of foundation that comes out. I have used foundations with pumps that are more rigid and result in a lot of wastage and messiness. I don't think the foundation has much coverage so I don't use a beauty blender with it. It is a good thing I guess because I am lazy to wash them anyway.

The foundation does settle in my pores and do not really help to smooth out the appearance of them, even with the help of pore primers. I usually have to go over the problem areas with my fingers to avoid looking like a strawberry. However, I do like the fact that the foundation does not melt and oxidize on my face as I live in a hot and humid area.

Overall, I think this is a decent product but I wouldn't buy it again because I have used more suitable foundations with better pore blurring properties. Just a personal preference.

on 5/4/2017 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I like this one a lot. I have fair warm toned combo skin to begin with. What I like:
+ Practical pump packaging
+ Weightless feel
+ Decent color range
+ Glides on the skin and blends effortlessly
+ Look natural and glowing
+ Doesn't cling to any dry patches
+ Doesn't wear off easily only fades a bit but evenly
+ Doesn't oxidize
+ Doesn't break me out
+ Easy to remove

What I don't like:
Just a few minor things; basically the price, the fact that it looks too shiny for me very shortly after application and the coverage which is on the medium side so I definitely need to conceal quite a bit.

Still looking for my holy grail foundation but I'm glad to have tried this one.

on 5/1/2017 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a great foundation for those seeking...a very long lasting formula that doesnt budge with a medium-full coverage and luminous finish. Exactly what I was looking for!
I have normal-dry quite dehydrated skin, issues with pores, and a few fine lines. I am an NC15 pale with yellow undertones, I bought shade Golden 2, just a tad on peachy side when swatched, but on skin it does meld with skin tone no issue.
The finish is flawless! blurring pores, and giving a satin skin look, it is NOT dewy, but it does have luminosity. It contains tiny sparkly mica particles and in certain light you can catch it, daylight no issues, but with indoor light you can see the sparkes..if you are up close! So therefore you reall do not need shimmer shots or shimmery primers with this.
I don't find it hydrating or moisturing, yet it is compatible with my dry dehydrated skin, it did not highlight any dryness at all! I apply with fingers, no brush/sponge needed. I do not use primers and do not set with a powder. Once it sets and drys (fairly quickly) it does not move! I was expecting this finish from a few other brands, but they did not deliver, this has!

on 1/30/2017 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is the more glowy version of Shiseido's Synchro Skin Lasting Liquid foundation (launched in 2016). It does not look as matte as the Synchro Skin Lasting Liquid foundation so if your skin is drier or you have fine lines, you may prefer this product. The colour scheme is the same. Some of you may use this product in the winter when your skin is drier, then switch to the Lasting foundation in the summer. Both are excellent! The finish is so natural and flawless. It is lightweight too so you don't feel as if you're wearing a lot of makeup. It's not so glowy that you need to put a lot of powder.