CeraVe Skin Renewing Day Cream SPF 30

CeraVe Skin Renewing Day Cream SPF 30

3.9

Octinoxate , Zinc Oxide,Water, Cyclomethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, PED-40 Stearate, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Squalane, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Lecithin, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Polysorbate 60, Hyaluronic Acid, Retinol, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Iris Florentina Root Extract, Ceteareth-20, Polysilicone-11, Polysorbate 20, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Tetra-Hexyldecyl Ascorbate, Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Sodium Polyacrylate, Sodium Hydroxide, Carbomer, Citric Acid

on 2/20/2018 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used Olay complete for years and I thought it would be a good time to switch it up. This cream is thicker, which I prefer. I also like that it has stronger SPF. It makes my skin soft and keeps it hydrated and healthy-looking. I use the Cerave skin renewing night cream as well, and I really like the combination of them together. This is my new regular face cream!

on 1/22/2018 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I had used Eucerins daily SPF for years, that started to break me out so I switched to the regular CeraVe AM. Like the plain AM for a while, but then I had issue with it pilling when applied over C serum. Most recently I had been skiing a daily SPF and just moisturizing with argan oil. Skipping SPF, is not the best idea so I figured I would give this a try. I like that is has beneficial skin ingredients like retinol and hyaluronic acid. Bonus points for an airtight pump, and decent packaging for a drugstore product. The cons are this dries down a bit matte, so if you are have dry skin, it may be problematic. Also this does leave a white cast initially but it does go away after a bit. I've been using this about a week and thus far it hasn't irritate my skin which sometimes happens with retinol. I have a love hate relationship with retinol, I love that it clears up the clogged pores on my chin, but hate that it causes irritation. This is a bit pricier than the original CeraVe AM, but I feel that it is a better product.

I can't use most sunscreens because they break me out, so I use Origins or EL oil-free moisturizers with sunscreen--nice but not cheap. I had high hopes for this product because of its reasonable price and the beneficial ingredients it's supposed to contain, but it broke me out badly within a few days each time I tried it. It also felt a bit too painfully tingly, even for a day after I stopped using it, and it's just too heavy feeling and white. Just no.

on 6/2/2017 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had high hopes for this product, but I'm disappointed. The active ingredients are 7.5% octinoxate, Zinc Oxide 10.5%, which I was enticed by. It's a simple, effective combo, and 10.5% Zno is great. Also, I like the idea of a combo moisturizer and sunscreen. Cool purple and silver pump packaging had me too. So I coughed up the $22.00 and waited for the greatness. Well, it didn't happen. First of all, there is a definite white cast to this if you actually use the requisite amount to get spf 30, which is 1/4th tsp. I measured this out to be 6 pumps (and no, 1/8th tsp won't give you even close to spf 15) and applied. My face looked slick and white, and it did not feel moisturized at all. Finish is at best matte, which is good for oily skin. Sadly, the finish is also ballsy. Yes, ballsy. It balled up all over my face though I wasn't even wearing any other product. Makeup over it only increased the um balling. It's not pretty. Also, though CerVe assures us that the retinol (another selling point) is safe for day use because it is "encapsulated," I don't see this as a plus. I don't see any point in using exfoliant during the day. It is just another thing for sunscreen to have to fight against. This contains a tiny amount of fragrance, and it is not a nice fragrance either. Not perfumey, so maybe a masking fragrance, but it made me feel queasy. 1.7 oz of cream comes in this sleek pump, which the price of $22.00 for a cosmetically inelegant d/s product does not warrant IMO. I am still giving this 3 lippies because from what I can tell it probably does offer good sun protection. Will not repurchase.

on 5/22/2017 9:25:00 PM

A stellar product, multipurpose: sunscreen, moisturizer, retinol.. and matte finish.

Althought it's moisture, it's not greasy at all, and dries to a long lastng matte finish that
never breaks thru shiny, even as the day goes on.

I have great appeciation for Cerave products, and this is another winnter.

on 5/11/2017 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I like this but I don't love it. It feels very thick at first, and it has a very slight whitish cast that you can see dissolve within seconds (kinda cool actually). I can't help but compare it to my staple, EltaMD UV Clear Tinted SPF 46, which I still prefer, because of the tint. It's difficult to apply makeup over this because it's a little rubbery. The great things about the CeraVe are that is doesn't sting my eyes, and does not melt off skin quickly. I know you're supposed to apply sunscreen every two hours, but I do that only when I'm outside for long periods of time. The pump on my bottle is full of air all the time, so I have to pump like crazy to get any product. How in earth is this an "airtight pump" I'd like to know?

on 4/19/2017 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

It seems like the research and development for this cosmetic have been listening to feedback.
The pump container works smoothly and dispenses the creamy white lotion. This day cream has a respectable amount of non-chemical sunscreen, which I require, and it blends easily leaving no white cast on my olive skin.
My past experience with sunscreens in this brand have given me a very visible white cast; I am glad Cerave has fixed that problem here.
I am sensitive to scents, and unlike the am lotion, this has no chemical scent. To my nose it is unscented, another positive thing I like.
The day cream dries to a smooth, non-sticky, non-greasy finish that allows makeup to be layered on top.
The price is a little high, but Cerave often has coupons available, and I don't mind paying for a quality product.

on 4/19/2017 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love the Skin Renewing line of Cerave products but this is my least favorite product of that line.
I do not find this cream to be hydrating enough for me to use it alone. I have had some success with mixing it with the gel oil, so it is usable but I don't particularly care for it.

Pros are it doesn't break me out or irritate my skin and doesn't contain avobenzone, which I am allergic to. It also does not leave a lingering white cast once you get it all worked in and absorbed (not easy to do without mixing it with the oil though).

I will continue to use this bottle unless/until I find something better but most likely will not repurchase.

This would probably work well for someone with oily to combo skin because it won't make you greasy like so many sunscreens and SPF moisturizers.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Contains Zinc oxide and octinoxinate as the active ingredients and has retinol and ceramides. But the texture is dry so oily skinned folks might like this more than I did. Even over moisturizer this felt dry on my skin and it dried to leave white stripes on the skin so you really have to blend this extremely well. It does feel good on if you can get it blended and it lasts all day and it seemed to control oil on my chin. Idk, Cerave always seems be lacking in the sunscreen department and this one is still in the meh category. Nice pump, though.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

If you have oily to combo skin I'd defiantly give this a try.

I have been using the CeraVe Day Cream for 2 weeks and I am loving it.
It drys down matte and there is no white cast. It absorbs into the skin quickly with no "zinc" like smell.
I have oily skin, nothing can really control that but I do find that I am less oily throughout the day when wearing this cream.
I will defiantly purchase again.