3.4

$14.99 on Bed Bath & Beyond
Shop Now

Reviews

a month ago

I have normal to slightly dry mature skin. I use this over sunscreen and I think that the finish is very nice and fresh looking. I have found that it oxidizes which I don't like but perhaps a lighter shade might work. I am also not a fan of the doe foot applicator. A pump would be a big improvement. Not sure that I understand the choice to have a doe foot applicator when a pump is more sanitary.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairSilver, Straight, Fine

1.0

4 months ago

Don’t refer to this as a foundation. It is not. It’s tinted moisturizer which gives no foundation coverage at all and it’s expensive- $18 at cvs. An average moisturizer gives you more benefit than this. Very disappointed in Neutrogena. Tried to post this review on their website and of corse they wouldn’t because it “didn’t meet their standards”. Guess what. Your product didn’t meet MY standards and now I’m posting this review everywhere I can where you cannot edit.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair

HairRed

EyesGreen

4 months ago

This is a creamy foundation that comes out with a doe applicator. I was able to match my NW15 skin color with the Natural Ivory. It’s a little more cool toned, whereas the Classic Ivory appears more warm. This blends nicely and gives a natural and soft glow finish. It doesn’t settle into pores or accentuate them with is a big plus for my mature skin. I also purchased the Hydro Boost stick foundation to keep in my purse for touch ups. This is not very long lasting on my skin but doesn’t wear off in a bad way, just kind of fades. The only negative with this foundation and it’s a super big negative, is the packaging. As another reviewer said, I’d much rather see this in a squeeze tube.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

7 months ago

I have fairly normal skin yet this became a little too dewy for my liking after a few hours. Coverage was medium. Overall this foundation performed ok but nothing great. There are better low end options out there.

About reviewer (143 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBrunette

a year ago

pros - a creamy mousse-like texture - good coverage - excellent color match - best I've found yet (natural beige) con, one and only, but it's a big one - the packaging is all wrong The foundation should be in a squeeze tube. Instead it's in a glass bottle with a sponge tipped dip tube, like a lip gloss has. So if you have all day to use this little dip sponge to dab dab dab, you might get by with it. I cut a slice off the plastic in the bottle opening and took the plastic out. That solves one problem, the tiny sponge swiped coming out with little foundation - I then use the usual, a damp sponge to apply. The second problem will be getting the foundation out that's not within reach of the dip tube - because as a mousse-like foundation, this won't be poured out.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

I wanted a light coverage, moisturizing makeup. This sort of fits the bill. It's a strange consistency - like a gel that sets quickly. It does not spread easily. That's the hyaluronic acid. It comes out with a doe foot wand like a lip gloss would have. Weird. I won't touch that to my face then put it back in the jar. Rubbing it on my hand meant I had to work super fast before it gelled. I found the lightest shade 10 to be too orange on me, and it wouldn't mix with anything else to lighten it. It did smooth over my dry skin nicely, though, and give me a plumped up, pores-minimized, natural face finish. It did not settle in any lines or pores. It's not for me, but it does work nicely on dry skin. Worth a try.

About reviewer (511 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

a year ago

This is my favorite foundation so far, in the winter at least. I have dry skin in the winter months and it moisturizes beautifully and makes my skin look smooth. Classic ivory matches me SO perfectly--way better than most foundations I have found-- and does not oxidize at all. The coverage is light, which is what I like because it feels like I have nothing on but still hides any redness. The only drawback is the packaging...it doesn't feel like there is much in the bottle at all and the applicator (a wand that dips into the bottle) is hard to use and unsanitary.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

a year ago

This drugstore foundation came so close in so many ways. I love the texture and the glow. It looks natural and has SPF. I love the way this looks on my skin. I love the way it feels. But there is one factor, and it’s a big one. It’s way too dark on my fair skin. At first I thought I could get by with it. By the time I made it to work it had oxidized about 2 shades darker. My co-worker noticed it and mentioned it to me. I looked in the mirror and the coloring was way off. Talk about disappointing. Other than that important factor,I loved everything about it. If I could make it work, I would. I can’t tolerate oxidized foundation. It drives me crazy.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

a year ago

The fact that this oxidizes tremendously is a huge dealbreaker for me, so I don't think I'll be using it again. HOWEVER, this hits off all the other check marks for me. It feels great when you put it on with a brush because it's a smooth mousse-like formula, the shade match is perfect upon application, and the finish is radiant but not oily. I put powder and spray on top and it stays that way for hours. If my face didn't turn into a dark brown mess after an hour I would give this a perfect rating.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairRed, Other, Other

a year ago

I have difficulty finding foundation for my very dry, mature skin. Have used high end makeup such as Tart, Estée Lauder, Giorgio Armani, Clinique, etc.. I bought the Neutrogena Hydro Boost as one of my nearby pharmacy went out of business & it was 1/2 off. It is amazing, good moisture without being greasy or shiny, feels great on my skin, no peeling or pilling when applied over moisturizer and definitely very affordable. It has a built in sponge applicator which I really don’t like because I like to blend colors to get my exact shade, but am able to dot lighter color and then darker on top and blend. It is now my favorite foundation by far!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Medium