Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint
Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint

3.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Mica, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aluminum Dimyristate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 6/4/2018 5:54:00 AM

It's a thick creamy type product that helps my lotion from being getting dry or flaky. It's pretty smoothy. I'm satisfied with this product and this product has a high level of coverage. It suits best on me.

continued >>

i like this product a lot, im someone who likes light coverage foundations/bb creams but also am very particular about how a product feels on the skin. id say this is about medium coverage as opposed to a “tint”. im not a fan of the packaging, now dont get me wrong i do like the giant applicator for its convenience , but id prefer to leave that to concealers. its so unhygienic especially for a bottle of foundation.

on 6/2/2018 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Not too long ago, Ulta was giving these skin tints away as GWPs - full-size, entirely for free.

I'm currently destashing products I don't use, and I haven't gotten around to using this because initially the shade I picked up (Honey) was too tan for my face. Now that it's summer, it's definitely still too tan for my face but allows me to shade match with my tanned arms and legs!

Since it's labeled as a tint, I expect a lightweight, sheer finish. A second skin feel. "No makeup" makeup. There's this weird doe foot applicator that reminds me of concealers...but anywho, brushes aren't necessary. I used my fingers to smooth this on, dotting the product all over my face. What might throw off people initially is that it has a thick, creamy consistency from the get go and doesn't glide around (the norm is that skin tints are watery and absorb slowly into the skin). It sheers out, going from 100 to like, 10 in a few rubs. The bottle says it has hyaluronic acid in the formula, but I can't say whether or not if it retains moisture well because I live in a humid climate and religiously apply skincare before makeup. What I love, surprisingly, is that I can touch my face without the fear of it transferring onto my hands, clothes, other people's clothes...

If you're looking for coverage, this isn't it (in fact, throw out the idea of tints altogether!!!). Get yourself some Kat Von D, some Dermacol, or whatever NikkiTutorials uses on the daily.

I took off a lippy because shade matching is difficult, but I can see this being used by those who go tanning or use tanning products, or want that sunkissed Miami glow. Going to the beach? Use this. Hate cake face? Use this. Want to even out your skintone without sacrificing the textural quality of your bare skin? Use this. Want to wear breathable makeup to the gym and don't want sweat streaks????? Use this. Do you want your teeth to look more dazzling white? Use this (on your face). This is definitely a makeup minimalist's, sporty girl's and beach girl's foundation.

As for destashing, I'm keeping this.

on 5/5/2018 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I read through these reviews before posting my own.

Even though this LOOKS like it is a full or even medium coverage foundation, it is NOT. It has the appearance in the bottle of other brands but don’t expect a matte or even semi-matte finish.

So keep moving on if that is what you want.

And it isn’t a primer- worthy foundation. Don’t bother.

It really is a tint with the consistency of the hydro-boost line.

That means little coverage and a moisturized finish. I think it is ideal for mature faces because most other foundations are hard to manage for us and take a lot of work to look good.

It’s what you’d use if you want a little “finish” on a bare face. It tones down my redness but does not eliminate it. It won’t cover blemishes or spots. But it does play down my superficial dryness and -yippee! - that’s what I wanted.

You could powder it but that would defeat the purpose. So I guess i’d say “curb your full-coverage expectations.”

on 4/29/2018 12:31:00 PM

I really tried to make this work. I really did, but.........no. I tried it with several primers and without primer. I tried it with a brush, sponge and fingers. It just made me look shiny with no coverage. It accentuated everything wrong with my skin, and since there is barely any coverage I found myself adding more and more resulting in a thick, sticky mess. I found that no primer and fingers worked the best but I still needed to pile on a powder foundation over top. I wear light to medium coverage foundations but this one just wasn't worth my time.

on 4/27/2018 2:37:00 PM

I wouldn't necessarily call this a foundation, more like one-step up from a tinted moisturizer. As I've gotten older, I realize I've been more inclined to the effortless, quick, no-makeup make up look and this fits into that routine easily. The texture is a bit different--almost gel-like when applied to the face. It is light to medium coverage so will not cover up blatantly obvious acne, but it is perfect for evening out skin tone and give a "fresh faced" appearance. I find that I don't need to be very heavy-handed with this formula, and usually just dab four times on each side of my face, a couple on the forehead, chin and nose. It does oxidize and so I don't blend it out immediately, typically wait about 30 seconds before tackling w/ a beauty sponge and then set with a translucent powder. I've never been a huge fan of caking on foundation, so this works well for me.

on 4/16/2018 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Love this for days when I just want my skin to look fresh and natural, it does not settle into wrinkles and lines, they do not disappear but appear blurred and not very noticeable It is light coverage, more coverage is obtained if you use a powder to set. It is very comfortable to wear, does not oxidise. Natural type finish. Would definitely buy again.

on 4/11/2018 6:10:00 PM

I have horrible combination skin . I have very dry skin , sometimes more dry than oily as well as Very VERY oily skin not just in the average t-zone but everywhere especially my nose area going onto the cheek area. My skin is also acne-prone and yes , i do have huge pores and redness on my cheek/nose area . I've tried several foundations from Fit me foundation (matte) to estee lauters double wear foundation (the dewy kinda finish one) . And i can tell you NONE OF THE FOUNDATIONS THAT HAVE EVER BEEN ON MY FACE were my holy grail . However, my face tends to become very oily and cakey through the day . I've been choosing this foundation over any of my brand named ones such as my estee lauter one. Only because i like a very natural but full coverage look , but a matte finish . And this foundation is not matte finish . This foundation definitely not full coverage i would call this a light covered foundation or even a tinted moisturizer. I don't mind the application of it because the way it applies on my face matters most to me . This does not leave my face NEARLY AS cakey as any other foundation i've worn . But it does depend on if the products u are using are water based or oil based and this is a water based foundation . So are all the liq. products i use with any water based foundation. But i HATE that this foundation leaves my face SUCH AN OILY MESS. Yet the cakeness isn't as bad as i'd think it should be with this amount of oil . right now i prefer this over any of my other foundations and i have the estee lauter double wear foundation (both matte finish and the regular one) and the lancôme tient med to full coverage found. I use very little product wile using this hydro boost found , because of the oil and me avoiding any cake on my face . I choose between the estee lauter double wear ( not matte ) and the hydro boost because i NEED something that won't show my pores , won't make me OILY AF , won't cake up , and won't seperate on the face . haven't found the perfect one yet .

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Poor coverage & causes breakouts.

on 3/25/2018 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wasn’t really impressed with this foundation. It didn’t cover my redness on my cheeks & it oxidized on me.