Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint
Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint

3.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Mica, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aluminum Dimyristate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

This is my favorite foundation so far, in the winter at least. I have dry skin in the winter months and it moisturizes beautifully and makes my skin look smooth. Classic ivory matches me SO perfectly--way better than most foundations I have found-- and does not oxidize at all. The coverage is light, which is what I like because it feels like I have nothing on but still hides any redness. The only drawback is the packaging...it doesn't feel like there is much in the bottle at all and the applicator (a wand that dips into the bottle) is hard to use and unsanitary.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I love this product. It’s hard to find a drugstore foundation that works for me, but this one does. It’s more of a tinted moisturizer than a full on foundation. The shade 10 is perfect for my skin tone. Since my skin is not oily, there is no oxidation. I use a primer and corrective concealer and a finishing powder. But I would not mind wearing it alone with nothing else. I like natural looking makeup and this fits the bill. I will definitely buy this again.

on 11/4/2018 11:28:00 PM

The fact that this oxidizes tremendously is a huge dealbreaker for me, so I don't think I'll be using it again. HOWEVER, this hits off all the other check marks for me. It feels great when you put it on with a brush because it's a smooth mousse-like formula, the shade match is perfect upon application, and the finish is radiant but not oily. I put powder and spray on top and it stays that way for hours. If my face didn't turn into a dark brown mess after an hour I would give this a perfect rating.

on 10/27/2018 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have difficulty finding foundation for my very dry, mature skin. Have used high end makeup such as Tart, Estée Lauder, Giorgio Armani, Clinique, etc.. I bought the Neutrogena Hydro Boost as one of my nearby pharmacy went out of business & it was 1/2 off. It is amazing, good moisture without being greasy or shiny,
feels great on my skin, no peeling or pilling when applied over moisturizer and definitely very affordable. It has a built in sponge applicator which I really don’t like because I like to blend colors to get my exact shade, but am able to dot lighter color and then darker on top and blend. It is now my favorite foundation by far!

on 10/12/2018 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is 100% a first impressions for this product - I literally only just put it on my face this morning, but WOW. It applies so well with a damp sponge, I bought shade Nude 40 for my NC15-20 skin (I think it oxidized just a tad, but nothing bad).. and it looks great. However - I find that with the odd applicator - and the price ($14), I don't think I"d repurchase, unless my other regular daily foundations changed or became discontinued, but I'd consider it. Because this is so hydrating, I think it breaks down and sheers out more throughout the day. By the end of the day, there isn't much coverage going on as when you first apply it. I do notice that when I take this off at night, my skin is SUPER soft!!!! I think it's a pricey drugstore option for light coverage, with a clumsy applicator that you cannot fully get the product out of. After spending one morning trying to pull the stopper out of the top because almost NO product was coming out (I've only used this like, 3 times) - I swore I'd never repurchase this again. I've used the PF Healthy Foundation that has the same applicator and was able to pop out the stopper so more product could come out -- but this one, NOPE. I ended up ripping little plastic chunks off the stopper until finally the darn thing fell INSIDE of the product. Not even sure how that happened. But it was a MESS EVERYWHERE. For the drugstore high price - not worth it. They need to fix the component. It's amazing how much product is inside that you cannot get to with the stopper inside - but once you rip the stupid stopper out -- it's gooped everywhere. Ugh.

this is hands down my favorite foundation/tint neutrogena has made. its very comfortable on the skin, it feels quite moisturizing, i have combo skin and it doesn’t make me more oily and glides on dry patches well. i kinda like the giant doe foot thats been the recent trend in packaging. i agree that it isn’t the most sanitary of packaging, but since everyone washes and preps their skin before makeup, how dirty can your face be? i have been wearing natural beige, but since i didnt spend too much time outdoors this summer + diligent spf use. i already lost the ever so slight tan i got. i think i might get nude shade the next time i buy this

on 7/22/2018 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I haven't regularly worn foundation in years.. like many years. I was one of those who tried lots of foundations when I was a bit younger and found them all cakey and they always accentuated my pores (before formulations got much better over the years, apparently). I'm 36 now and my skin is getting dryer and I have some sun damage spots and broken capillaries that I've been wanting to even out.. so I decided to give some new foundations a go. More recently, I tried the Missha M Signature Real Complete BB Cream that I hated. Even with a beauty blender it turned out super cakey, grey undertone to the shade that looks sickly & weird, and made my pores look huge. A friend recommended the Neutrogena Hydro Boost to me because she's been using it and said it's good for people who hate all the things I hated about the Missha BB cream. The Hydro Boost isn't actually a foundation, but a tint, so I decided to try it.

I guess I lucked out because after wearing it for about a week I'm really liking it. It feels soft and velvety on my skin. It feels like it sinks directly in, like a moisturizer, and doesn't sit on top of my skin and leave a greasy or foundationy residue. You'd think this would mean it provides no coverage at all. It provides a level of coverage I'm happy with, but might not work for people who want strong coverage. It is definitely not full coverage, which is a good thing for me - I can still see freckles through it for some context. It provides a nice smooth evening out of my skin tone. Key word- smooth. It evens out my redness and a friend said my skin looked really clear and soft. It does provide some of that soft focus smoothing that people are coveting. My face looks really silky and *feels* smooth with it on. No flaky patches. I have medium skin with warm undertones and got the Nude color, which is a good shade match for me right now (might be a little too dark in the winter, but I'll see).

I took off a lippie because of the packaging. The applicator is kind of annoying at first, but maybe I'll get used to it. I'm used to using a blender sponge. This has a doe-foot applicator and it feels a little awkward just patting the applicator all over my skin and then rubbing it in. The applicator doesn't soak up much product at a time, so you have to keep re-dipping to cover the whole face. The opening of the bottle is small and the consistency isn't conducive to pouring the product out. I used the applicator and put some product on a damp blender sponge to blend it in and the coverage gets a little too light with that. When using my fingers to rub it in, it goes on more effectively with the right amount of coverage. I guess that's the ideal way to use this product then, and I'll have to get used to it. Probably not too big of a deal because I like how it looks on me so much, but if you're huge on packaging it might be really annoying for you.

on 6/4/2018 5:54:00 AM

It's a thick creamy type product that helps my lotion from being getting dry or flaky. It's pretty smoothy. I'm satisfied with this product and this product has a high level of coverage. It suits best on me.

continued >>

i like this product a lot, im someone who likes light coverage foundations/bb creams but also am very particular about how a product feels on the skin. id say this is about medium coverage as opposed to a “tint”. im not a fan of the packaging, now dont get me wrong i do like the giant applicator for its convenience , but id prefer to leave that to concealers. its so unhygienic especially for a bottle of foundation.

on 6/2/2018 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Not too long ago, Ulta was giving these skin tints away as GWPs - full-size, entirely for free.

I'm currently destashing products I don't use, and I haven't gotten around to using this because initially the shade I picked up (Honey) was too tan for my face. Now that it's summer, it's definitely still too tan for my face but allows me to shade match with my tanned arms and legs!

Since it's labeled as a tint, I expect a lightweight, sheer finish. A second skin feel. "No makeup" makeup. There's this weird doe foot applicator that reminds me of concealers...but anywho, brushes aren't necessary. I used my fingers to smooth this on, dotting the product all over my face. What might throw off people initially is that it has a thick, creamy consistency from the get go and doesn't glide around (the norm is that skin tints are watery and absorb slowly into the skin). It sheers out, going from 100 to like, 10 in a few rubs. The bottle says it has hyaluronic acid in the formula, but I can't say whether or not if it retains moisture well because I live in a humid climate and religiously apply skincare before makeup. What I love, surprisingly, is that I can touch my face without the fear of it transferring onto my hands, clothes, other people's clothes...

If you're looking for coverage, this isn't it (in fact, throw out the idea of tints altogether!!!). Get yourself some Kat Von D, some Dermacol, or whatever NikkiTutorials uses on the daily.

I took off a lippy because shade matching is difficult, but I can see this being used by those who go tanning or use tanning products, or want that sunkissed Miami glow. Going to the beach? Use this. Hate cake face? Use this. Want to even out your skintone without sacrificing the textural quality of your bare skin? Use this. Want to wear breathable makeup to the gym and don't want sweat streaks????? Use this. Do you want your teeth to look more dazzling white? Use this (on your face). This is definitely a makeup minimalist's, sporty girl's and beach girl's foundation.

As for destashing, I'm keeping this.