Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint
Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Mica, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aluminum Dimyristate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Not a fan. Makes my dry skin break out within hours of wearing it. The bottle is more like shape tape with the same kinda applicator. I'm not into that kinda packaging cuz foundations can carry bacteria from ur skin to the bottle. Plus the wand is super cheap and stabby. Shape Tape has a softer doe foot and flexes a bit so u don't poke an eye out, while this has a very scratchy applicator and the stick part does not bend at all. It's like an assault on my face every time I use this thing. The formula clings to every flake and dry patch and is ultra heavy. I'm super angry that they have the gall to call it a 'tint' when it's heavier than the heaviest full coverage foundations. The color is ok but oxidizes quickly. It's supposed to be luminous but even without powder and with a shimmer setting spray, my skin looks older and caked with dry makeup. I'd return it but I threw the receipt out...I'll just toss it in my junk bin til I decide to throw it out. Honestly for light luminous coverage, I'd pick even cheapo Wet n Wild cushion foundation over this bc that looks waaayy better than this ever will. Save ur money and pass on this one.

i got this when ulta had a coupon to get this for free (so cool btw)

i got it in the shade natural beige, which is a perfect match for me, nude will also work in the winter/spring time

coverage is very light, which i actually prefer, tinted moisturizers/bb cream level of coverage are much more forgiving imo in terms of shadematching,

i personally dont have a lot to cover, in which case i consider myself lucky, just some redness

i like the feeling of this product, very lightweight and moisturizing,

it doesnt last all day, but i dont wear my makeup for longer than about 7 hours anyway, nor do i expect this product to last all day

im not that big of a fan of this packaging, although i like the giant applicator, and it makes it very easy to apply, but dipping the wand so frequently back into the product, its not hygenic. also i feel like i use this product up very fast

on 1/26/2018 5:19:00 PM

So I have rosacea on my face more blood red cheeks than anything else, I also have combination skin my T zone is oily but the rest of my face is dry. I bought this from Walmart trying different foundations that could cover my cheeks and this one I wouldn't call a FULL COVERAGE foundation but its pretty good I do like this one and would rebuy! But it doesn't cover up my rosacea that well but it does do better than most!

on 12/6/2017 1:19:00 PM

This is a nice formula. The packaging is a major turnoff. The idea of using the applicator and putting it back repeatedly is unsanitary. If it was in a pump dispenser, it would be 5 tubes.

on 11/23/2017 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

upon using this foundation more consistently, it is breaking me out and giving me cystic acne! this doesn't happen every day, but I get a new cystic pimple about once or twice a week from this foundation! not sure what ingredient is causing this or why it happens, and I'm disappointed because this foundation looks so good, but the pimples are absolutely not worth it and I will not use this any longer. If you're prone to breaking out, this is probably absolutely not for you. I was careful, didn't sleep with it on, washed it off thoroughly at the end of the day, and still broke out with deep, painful cysts that leave a scar after they heal!

Also this foundation costs $15 but pretty much ran out in 3-4 weeks, which is kind of expensive.

I was surprised to find that I actually really like this. While it does make my face look a little porous, it looks better on my face than any other foundation I've tried. My face is generally extremely dry. This is one of the only foundations that gives enough moisture. It really does not settle into fine lines. It is hydrating all day and looks the same at the end of the day, or better, than when I first put it on 12 hours earlier. It does not oxidize! The color really stayed the same all day. It gives a little bit of sheen to my face, which I actually really like, kind of dewy but not too much. I have found a shade that matches my face more or less, I'm middle eastern so I have fair skin with a yellow undertone, and "nude" is just slightly too dark for me, I will have to try another shade but worried they are pink undertoned. As far as packaging, I actually really like this kind of brush mechanism that it comes with, it makes it really easy and convenient to put it on my face, it's not a hygiene problem if your face is washed clean every time before you apply the foundation, which is what I always do anyway. This stuff just feels amazing when you put it on - it feels so cooling, calming, hydrating and light. That alone is so important - putting on foundation in the morning can feel really gross, but I feel good about putting this on my face. It doesn't feel annoying throughout the day at all, it feels like a really good moisturizer. I really hope they make this foundation for a long time to come!

on 11/13/2017 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been on a drugstore product kick lately, and got this as part of a Target haul.

Background: I have very dry skin that is in reasonably good condition. My main concerns are redness on my cheeks from rosacea and some uneven skintone. No real texture issues, and my skin is not prone to breakouts.

This is an excellent light foundation / tinted moisturizer if you don't have too much to cover and want a no-makeup look. When I wear this, I just look like I have healthy, clean, well-moisturized skin, with a very subtle glow. The coverage is light, but enough to minimize the redness in my skin.

My skintone is NC20-NC25, and Nude is a decent match. The shade selections are pretty limited and lean more towards cool and neutral. But they are forgiving if you don't get an exact match.

The 2 real drawbacks, imo, are the price & packaging. Package: It comes in a bottle with a doe-foot applicator, like a giant concealer tube. Because of the thick texture, there is just no way to get all of the product out. A simple pump or even a squeeze tube would've worked better.

Price: I paid $14.99 + tax for 1 bottle. Pretty steep for a drugstore product you have no way of testing beforehand.

TLDR: Very good light-coverage foundation for a no-makeup look. Suited for dryer skins. Limited shade selection. Impractical doe-foot applicator and rather pricy for a drugstore foundation.

on 11/12/2017 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

So my skin has gotten drier, and I've gotten older and found that heavy coverage just looks bad. Much better is a lighter coverage, then pinpoint concealing, which you often find you need less of than you would have thought.

I am NW 15-20 (fair, neutral leaning cool) and Natural Ivory (second shade, pinkish) works for me. Now, I usually add a drop of oil to my foundation (other than creams), but found that oil is 1. Unnecessary for this product; and 2. Causes this product to oxidize (darken). So, I skip it for this.

I dot onto a well-moisturized face with the large doefoot, blend with an oval brush. Leaves a very natural finish, satin on my dry skin, wears nicely, no powder needed. Excellent for older skin, or those who want a natural look.

Foundation junkie here, so I’m one of many who buys a million, loves like two. I’m loving this. It’s a bit of a strange application. I kind of had to work it in a bit with my fingers but the formula is more like a gel. This is the first not to make my skin look all dried out by the 5th hour. The coverage is medium, I used a bit of concealer under my eyes and a breakout but with a light powder this looked phenomenal. Absolutely gorgeous and this was me all week, “I feel ugly, my pores are getting bigger, I’m an old hag”. No more, this one is a keeper, my skin hasn’t looked so good in a long time. Loooooove this foundation!!😍😍😍💜💜💜🌸🌸🌸🦄🦄🦄

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Holy grail foundation and I’ve tried 100s. Provides enough coverage to even put skin tone but doesn’t look like I’m wearing makeup. I hope they never stop making this

on 10/12/2017 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like this enough to give it 4 lippies but that doesn't mean it's perfect. You have to blend it into the skin quickly or it will set. I'd only recommend this foundation to those with normal to dry skin. It's also only light coverage. So if you have oily skin or significant imperfections (i.e. acne) to hide, move along.

Now what I like about this is it's hydrating. Despite setting quickly it glides onto the skin like butter if you work fast enough. I'm oily, but sometimes mix it into my go-to super matte formulas when my skin is dried out from over chemical exfoliating. What sets it aside from a lot of foundations is it actually looks like dewy skin and doesn't have that make up-y texture. It also tends to blur textural issues like fine lines or acne scars. (Again, it's only light coverage.)

The shade selection isn't great but that tends to be a theme with drugstore lines.

I'd repurchase.