Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint

3.6

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Mica, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aluminum Dimyristate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 10/12/2017 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like this enough to give it 4 lippies but that doesn't mean it's perfect. You have to blend it into the skin quickly or it will set. I'd only recommend this foundation to those with normal to dry skin. It's also only light coverage. So if you have oily skin or significant imperfections (i.e. acne) to hide, move along.

Now what I like about this is it's hydrating. Despite setting quickly it glides onto the skin like butter if you work fast enough. I'm oily, but sometimes mix it into my go-to super matte formulas when my skin is dried out from over chemical exfoliating. What sets it aside from a lot of foundations is it actually looks like dewy skin and doesn't have that make up-y texture. It also tends to blur textural issues like fine lines or acne scars. (Again, it's only light coverage.)

The shade selection isn't great but that tends to be a theme with drugstore lines.

I'd repurchase.

on 9/27/2017 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This stuff is great, but it does have some cons.
First, the pros: This is totally natural looking and makes your skin look great. I have dry skin with some fine lines and most make up makes me too matte and looks really artificial. It is seriously the best makeup I have ever purchased, and I've purchased A LOT. I've worn it daily for two weeks and no breakouts. It won't make you look greasy, but just looks like clean, even skin. If I want more converage on a rogue spot that has shown up, it works great under concealer. I Absolutely love it!
The cons:
The biggest con for me (and I took a lippy away because of it) is the packaging. It has a wand attached to the top that will undoubtedly waste product and would be a breeding ground for bacteria! I put the makeup on the back of my clean hand and use a beauty blender to apply it to my face. The other con is that if you have a good amount of discoloration or acne, this won't be a good product for you. It is lightly buildable and it does even out my skin, but for someone with more tempestuous skin, this ain't gonna cut it.

TL:DR Awesome for people with decent complexion, looks natural. Packaging sucks but I still love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

UPDATE: Wore this for several days in a row. It does not break me out and it definitely looks like my own skin but as the day wears on, I feel like I could just run my fingernails down my face and scrape off the makeup. Not my perfect feel of makeup. It also oxidizes a little.

I'm NC 20 and I went with Nude. I first tried the 2nd ivory but that was way too pink for my skin. I went back and looked at buff and that looked a little too orange so I went with nude. It is a neutral ivory beige.

This just evens skin tone but I get Beautypedia's comments on the chalky. I do get a little powdery/chalky after the initial glow. I do not powder over this. I have slightly combo skin--oily chin--the rest dry--and this eventually looks pretty good on my dry skin. I don't find it buildable. It ends up looking like Fit Me's matte and poreless on me with a little more glow. I'm not sure I need it too.

on 5/14/2017 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

As a tint, this product will NOT cover anything. It will, however, enhance your (presumably near-perfect) skin in the most natural way, with less pigment than a tinted moisturizer or a BB cream.

The cream is thick and not runny, but the barely-light coverage is not buildable. The finish is not dewy; it's very skin-like. This lightweight formulation is perfect if you are seeking the french barely-covered face.

If you tend to cake on the concealer (i.e., brown protruding undereyes) or foundation (forehead wrinkles, naso-labial lines), you may not have these issues with this light formula.

Honey worked on my NC42 skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have oily skin and surprisingly this foundation worked so well. It left a natural finish, not matte obviously but not dewy shiny either, simply natural skin like. It did not bunch up or get shiny throughout the day, it actually held up better than a lot of "matte" foundations. Love the applicator as well.

on 8/1/2017 7:02:00 AM

Great natural coverage

on 4/7/2017 11:50:00 PM

The foundation is a silicone-laden mousse-y texture, it feels fine, whatever.

However, I'm VERY peeved about the packaging! I wish I considered it more carefully before buying. This is basically a mascara tube, but for foundation. The foundation itself is thick. I hope I'm wrong but I do not see how the product will move to the bottom of the bottle and make contact with the wand as it gets used up. I cannot get the wand to touch the sides of the bottle. I am certain that we will not be able to reach all of the product, which will be a major waste of money. Dumb. Suckered again by new marketing/packaging.

Update: returned, before I could feel ripped off.

on 4/18/2017 10:08:00 PM

Neutrogena is my fav drugstore brand. Hydro boost is my fav foundation. I tried my highend foundations and had breakouts or skin dullness issue but with this foundation I faced no such issue. I like the doe foot applicator. I use this foundation for myself and do not share my bottle with any one so I feel it is hygenic enough. I have had no breakiut so far and already reaching to the end of my 1st bottle. I am between nc25-nc30 and the shade 60 natural beige was perfect match. Regarding Oxidation, the trick is to use right primer before this foundation. My mac prep n prime primer (sample tube i got with my mac online order) works perfectly with it and does not oxidise it. It looks very natural on my combination skin and last for 8 hrs with primer before fading. My skin feels and looks better after using it. It did not accentuate my pores or fine lines at my age (30 yrs). I highly recommend it. It is better than many highend foundations that give light to medium coverage.

on 4/22/2017 11:01:00 PM

I have dry mature skin, age 43. This product smells similar to urban decay naked concealer, like paint. The scent doesnt linger. It is a mouse type texture. It is very light coverage and it does feel great on my dry skin.
The packaging is awful. It takes dipping in over, and over, and over to get enough for a light cover on your whole face. Only a tiny amount comes out each time. There is no stopper to remove and its a glass bottle. You cant move the applicator around to touch the sides and im sure there will be a lot of wasted product. If it was in a squeeze tube or had a pump it would be so much better. For the price of 15.00 i done want to loose any product. I was really excited to tri this but i think ill stick to a bb cream with better packaging.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow I am impressed by this tinted moisturizer/foundation. If you suffer from dry skin like I do you would definitely love this foundation for days when you feel like you don't want to have a full face on but you still want to look put together.

Packaging: It reminds me so much of Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation. I like the packaging and I find it unique and practical. To anyone complaining that it is un hygienic coz you keep dipping the doe foot applicator inside the bottle. Sweetheart, you always do that to your concealer and you are still reading this review. So you'll be fine.

Shade: I am between NC 20-25 and the shade Nude 40 works for me. It oxidized a bit but with a bit of powder and some concealer it looks pretty good.

Finish: It is demi matte on my dry skin. It gives just enough glow but not too much.

Coverage: Light to Light/Medium. Not enough to cover acne and dark spots. But great in making sure all the redness is gone.

Overall, it is decent weekend or lighter day foundation. I think this is a must to any dry skin lads/ladies who doesn't need much coverage.

I hope this helps. xo