Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint
Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Mica, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aluminum Dimyristate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 12/6/2017 1:19:00 PM

This is a nice formula. The packaging is a major turnoff. The idea of using the applicator and putting it back repeatedly is unsanitary. If it was in a pump dispenser, it would be 5 tubes.

on 11/23/2017 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was surprised to find that I actually really like this. While it does make my face look a little porous, it looks better on my face than any other foundation I've tried. My face is generally extremely dry. This is one of the only foundations that gives enough moisture. It really does not settle into fine lines. It is hydrating all day and looks the same at the end of the day, or better, than when I first put it on 12 hours earlier. It does not oxidize! The color really stayed the same all day. It gives a little bit of sheen to my face, which I actually really like, kind of dewy but not too much. I have found a shade that matches my face more or less, I'm middle eastern so I have fair skin with a yellow undertone, and "nude" is just slightly too dark for me, I will have to try another shade but worried they are pink undertoned. As far as packaging, I actually really like this kind of brush mechanism that it comes with, it makes it really easy and convenient to put it on my face, it's not a hygiene problem if your face is washed clean every time before you apply the foundation, which is what I always do anyway. This stuff just feels amazing when you put it on - it feels so cooling, calming, hydrating and light. That alone is so important - putting on foundation in the morning can feel really gross, but I feel good about putting this on my face. It doesn't feel annoying throughout the day at all, it feels like a really good moisturizer. I really hope they make this foundation for a long time to come!

on 11/13/2017 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been on a drugstore product kick lately, and got this as part of a Target haul.

Background: I have very dry skin that is in reasonably good condition. My main concerns are redness on my cheeks from rosacea and some uneven skintone. No real texture issues, and my skin is not prone to breakouts.

This is an excellent light foundation / tinted moisturizer if you don't have too much to cover and want a no-makeup look. When I wear this, I just look like I have healthy, clean, well-moisturized skin, with a very subtle glow. The coverage is light, but enough to minimize the redness in my skin.

My skintone is NC20-NC25, and Nude is a decent match. The shade selections are pretty limited and lean more towards cool and neutral. But they are forgiving if you don't get an exact match.

The 2 real drawbacks, imo, are the price & packaging. Package: It comes in a bottle with a doe-foot applicator, like a giant concealer tube. Because of the thick texture, there is just no way to get all of the product out. A simple pump or even a squeeze tube would've worked better.

Price: I paid $14.99 + tax for 1 bottle. Pretty steep for a drugstore product you have no way of testing beforehand.

TLDR: Very good light-coverage foundation for a no-makeup look. Suited for dryer skins. Limited shade selection. Impractical doe-foot applicator and rather pricy for a drugstore foundation.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Holy grail foundation and I’ve tried 100s. Provides enough coverage to even put skin tone but doesn’t look like I’m wearing makeup. I hope they never stop making this

on 11/12/2017 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

So my skin has gotten drier, and I've gotten older and found that heavy coverage just looks bad. Much better is a lighter coverage, then pinpoint concealing, which you often find you need less of than you would have thought.

I am NW 15-20 (fair, neutral leaning cool) and Natural Ivory (second shade, pinkish) works for me. Now, I usually add a drop of oil to my foundation (other than creams), but found that oil is 1. Unnecessary for this product; and 2. Causes this product to oxidize (darken). So, I skip it for this.

I dot onto a well-moisturized face with the large doefoot, blend with an oval brush. Leaves a very natural finish, satin on my dry skin, wears nicely, no powder needed. Excellent for older skin, or those who want a natural look.

Foundation junkie here, so I’m one of many who buys a million, loves like two. I’m loving this. It’s a bit of a strange application. I kind of had to work it in a bit with my fingers but the formula is more like a gel. This is the first not to make my skin look all dried out by the 5th hour. The coverage is medium, I used a bit of concealer under my eyes and a breakout but with a light powder this looked phenomenal. Absolutely gorgeous and this was me all week, “I feel ugly, my pores are getting bigger, I’m an old hag”. No more, this one is a keeper, my skin hasn’t looked so good in a long time. Loooooove this foundation!!😍😍😍💜💜💜🌸🌸🌸🦄🦄🦄

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have oily skin and surprisingly this foundation worked so well. It left a natural finish, not matte obviously but not dewy shiny either, simply natural skin like. It did not bunch up or get shiny throughout the day, it actually held up better than a lot of "matte" foundations. Love the applicator as well.

on 10/12/2017 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like this enough to give it 4 lippies but that doesn't mean it's perfect. You have to blend it into the skin quickly or it will set. I'd only recommend this foundation to those with normal to dry skin. It's also only light coverage. So if you have oily skin or significant imperfections (i.e. acne) to hide, move along.

Now what I like about this is it's hydrating. Despite setting quickly it glides onto the skin like butter if you work fast enough. I'm oily, but sometimes mix it into my go-to super matte formulas when my skin is dried out from over chemical exfoliating. What sets it aside from a lot of foundations is it actually looks like dewy skin and doesn't have that make up-y texture. It also tends to blur textural issues like fine lines or acne scars. (Again, it's only light coverage.)

The shade selection isn't great but that tends to be a theme with drugstore lines.

I'd repurchase.

on 8/1/2017 7:02:00 AM

Great natural coverage

on 9/27/2017 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This stuff is great, but it does have some cons.
First, the pros: This is totally natural looking and makes your skin look great. I have dry skin with some fine lines and most make up makes me too matte and looks really artificial. It is seriously the best makeup I have ever purchased, and I've purchased A LOT. I've worn it daily for two weeks and no breakouts. It won't make you look greasy, but just looks like clean, even skin. If I want more converage on a rogue spot that has shown up, it works great under concealer. I Absolutely love it!
The cons:
The biggest con for me (and I took a lippy away because of it) is the packaging. It has a wand attached to the top that will undoubtedly waste product and would be a breeding ground for bacteria! I put the makeup on the back of my clean hand and use a beauty blender to apply it to my face. The other con is that if you have a good amount of discoloration or acne, this won't be a good product for you. It is lightly buildable and it does even out my skin, but for someone with more tempestuous skin, this ain't gonna cut it.

TL:DR Awesome for people with decent complexion, looks natural. Packaging sucks but I still love it.