3.3

$8.99 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

20 days ago

One of the few mascaras that come in brown and am finding it sold out everywhere the last few months. Trying all other mascara brands over the years, I keep coming back to maybelline. This is one of my faves, I keep falling in love with a formula and then Maybelline switches things up and either discontinues or changes something. This one was great. Waterproof, no smudging, easy to clean off, didn't feel too heavy (other mascaras could make my lashes fall off) lengthening, volumizing and didn't weigh down lashes after curling. Bring brown back please!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

2 months ago

I will buy it again. Suprisingly good for a drugstore mascara. Doesn't smudge, doesn't flake. My lashes are not naturally long and full, but they really do look bigger with it. I like mascaras that you can built up and this is one of them. It really suprised me.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGray

2 months ago

I had an event to go to where I needed a bit more glam. Gone are the days of $25 Two Faced Better than Sex Mascara (as it flaked in my eyes) - so I wanted to keep my comparison at the $10 or less just in case the product was terrible. I would have worn false eyelashes to this event but my eyes are sensitive to the glue (and I have tried them all latex free, etc.,) so fabulous falsies were out of the question. YouTubers recommended L'Oreal Lash Paradise and Maybelline Colossal Big Shot. I tried the Lash Paradise first. It gave really good results - length, volume and was buildable. You could do 3 coats with this mascara if you wanted to. But after 5 hours of wear the first day my eyes became itchy and dry. Not normal for me. I thought I might have touched something and touched my eye. Day 2, same great results but 6 hours later, my one eye wouldn't stop watering and then 30 minutes later both eyes were itchy. So Lash Paradise was not good for my sensitive eyes. Then I tried the Maybelline. Same great results as the Lash Paradise. Length and Volume. This is a thicker mascara so 95% of the magic of lengthening and volume happens in the first, good coat. The second coat will only give you a darker appearance with a bit more clumpy volume. If you don't like clumpy, don't second coat. This lasted, didn't flake, wore it all day until I took it off with no itchy eyes. I have been wearing it daily for a month now. I am enjoying the glam. Especially, since I don't have to put 3 coats of mascara on to get it. No problems with my sensitive eyes. I am liking it!

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

6 months ago

I don't understand the other "so-so" reviews because for me this was one SERIOUS mascara in volume and length and color, especially for the price compared to Benefit's, etc. (I bought waterproof in black.) I used a few coats and lashes will stick together but that it easily fixed and a problem with all thickening mascaras, IMHO. It gave me very enhanced eyelashes quickly. The brush is not a flimsy plastic comb but a fiber fluffy brush which coats lashes from all sides--a plus!! I only gave it 4 stars because it does NOT help my lashes to stay curled as it is so heavy. (Viewed in profile? Amazing!! Front the front with straight lashes? Uh, not so much.) Perhaps we can't have it all, lol! (PS: I would advise against curling your lashes after application as they may stick to your curler and be pulled out when you release the curler. A caveat with all WP mascaras.)

About reviewer (59 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesHazel

3.0

9 months ago

I like it though I tried many good massacres too

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2.0

9 months ago

I don’t usually put reviews for mascara, but this one I am because it irritates my eyes so badly. If you have sensitive eyes, I would advise you not to risk it. I had a little swelling underneath one eye nesr the tear duct that slightly hurt when I blinked. I didn’t know what it was. I stopped wearing this mascara (simply because I had misplaced it), And had to use others, and the swelling disappeared. Again I found it a week or so later, that day, swelling and pain. I removed everything around my eyes including contact lenses just to let my eyes rest. Next day my eyes seemed fine so I just put on a mac shadow, liquid liner and this mascara- yup by lunchtime I felt pain on my eye lower area (tear ducts and beneath). Same story yesterday. Today I am not wearing it and my eyes are fine. I have on MAC soft ochre, amber lights, bronze, and embark, and no issues. It was definitely the mascara. It looks mediocre and lasting power is meh it looks a bit grey by a few hours so the pain is definitely not worth it, there are better mascaras for me.

About reviewer (95 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

a year ago

Got it on sale for $7.90 CAD. AMAZING blackness & great length in one coat. Love it. Only wish it were a bit more thickening. It's good stuff but still prefer their Temptation mascara better for my needs.

About reviewer (334 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

This is actually really good stuff for being from the drugstore. I see a lot of reviews that say it clumps their lashes together... not mine... It actually separates them very nicely and is not too much. However, the bottle I bought before the last upset me because when I took the lid off, it broke off from the wand and wouldn’t go back on. I had to use another brush from another mascara throughout the time I was using that tube. I know I could have returned it, but who has time for that?

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Relaxed, Medium

3.0

2 years ago

I did a drug store mascara haul and grabbed everything on sale. I gave this a 5 at first. This mascara seperated my lashes enough to give it good volume, didnt give it that spider look and clumped just enough to not look messy but nice and thick. And that was with just one coat. It was a little wet at first but after having it for about 2 weeks and it slowly started drying it was perfect. It doesnt give the false look but if you don't have full lashes this is a good mascara for every day use. I gave it 3 lippies because when I went back to buy more I was only able to find the washable one and it was clearly different. Aside from obviously being more wet, once it dried my eyes would become irritated. I used it several times and even bought a new tube when I thought it could be that specific tube but the same thing happened again. The formula is so different that it made my eyds itchy, watery, burn and made me break out a bit. For that reason I won't be buying it again or recommending the washable version

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

2 years ago

I really like the mascara. At first, it was a little too wet, but after a couple weeks it had dried a tad and applies easily. I like how it lengthens without creating spider lashes. It doesn't separate as much as I'd prefer, but it does a decent job. I like how the brush isn't huge and fluffy so I can get down to the base of my lashes and give myself a tightlined look. A couple coats give me the volume and length I like without looking completely unnatural. I haven't noticed any running or smudging. If I apply it too thick it will flake at the end of the night. Otherwise, it stays put. It's definitely not waterproof and removes easily with warm water. I haven't noticed it getting in my eyes or making my contacts cloudy so that's a plus. It doesn't make my eyes itch like some other mascaras do. Overall, I'm fairly happy with this mascara. In my opinion, it is similar to Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes. I wouldn't say it's an exact dupe, but if you're looking for a cheaper alternative, you might be happy with this.

About reviewer (267 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool