Maybelline New York The Colossal Big Shot Mascara

Maybelline New York The Colossal Big Shot Mascara

3.2

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I don’t usually put reviews for mascara, but this one I am because it irritates my eyes so badly. If you have sensitive eyes, I would advise you not to risk it. I had a little swelling underneath one eye nesr the tear duct that slightly hurt when I blinked. I didn’t know what it was. I stopped wearing this mascara (simply because I had misplaced it), And had to use others, and the swelling disappeared.
Again I found it a week or so later, that day, swelling and pain. I removed everything around my eyes including contact lenses just to let my eyes rest. Next day my eyes seemed fine so I just put on a mac shadow, liquid liner and this mascara- yup by lunchtime I felt pain on my eye lower area (tear ducts and beneath). Same story yesterday. Today I am not wearing it and my eyes are fine. I have on MAC soft ochre, amber lights, bronze, and embark, and no issues. It was definitely the mascara.

It looks mediocre and lasting power is meh it looks a bit grey by a few hours so the pain is definitely not worth it, there are better mascaras for me.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Got it on sale for $7.90 CAD. AMAZING blackness & great length in one coat. Love it. Only wish it were a bit more thickening. It's good stuff but still prefer their Temptation mascara better for my needs.

on 7/27/2018 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is actually really good stuff for being from the drugstore. I see a lot of reviews that say it clumps their lashes together... not mine... It actually separates them very nicely and is not too much. However, the bottle I bought before the last upset me because when I took the lid off, it broke off from the wand and wouldn’t go back on. I had to use another brush from another mascara throughout the time I was using that tube. I know I could have returned it, but who has time for that?

on 7/3/2018 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I did a drug store mascara haul and grabbed everything on sale. I gave this a 5 at first. This mascara seperated my lashes enough to give it good volume, didnt give it that spider look and clumped just enough to not look messy but nice and thick. And that was with just one coat. It was a little wet at first but after having it for about 2 weeks and it slowly started drying it was perfect. It doesnt give the false look but if you don't have full lashes this is a good mascara for every day use.
I gave it 3 lippies because when I went back to buy more I was only able to find the washable one and it was clearly different. Aside from obviously being more wet, once it dried my eyes would become irritated. I used it several times and even bought a new tube when I thought it could be that specific tube but the same thing happened again. The formula is so different that it made my eyds itchy, watery, burn and made me break out a bit.
For that reason I won't be buying it again or recommending the washable version

on 4/26/2018 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like the mascara. At first, it was a little too wet, but after a couple weeks it had dried a tad and applies easily. I like how it lengthens without creating spider lashes. It doesn't separate as much as I'd prefer, but it does a decent job. I like how the brush isn't huge and fluffy so I can get down to the base of my lashes and give myself a tightlined look. A couple coats give me the volume and length I like without looking completely unnatural. I haven't noticed any running or smudging. If I apply it too thick it will flake at the end of the night. Otherwise, it stays put. It's definitely not waterproof and removes easily with warm water. I haven't noticed it getting in my eyes or making my contacts cloudy so that's a plus. It doesn't make my eyes itch like some other mascaras do. Overall, I'm fairly happy with this mascara. In my opinion, it is similar to Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes. I wouldn't say it's an exact dupe, but if you're looking for a cheaper alternative, you might be happy with this.

After using this mascara for about 2 weeks it got all dried up and made my lashes clump together. Not worth $8.99! It was pretty good for like a week though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I got this in the waterproof black brown. I loved the color. It was a bit clumpy, in a good way, stayed all day without flaking or smudging. It added a reasonable amount of volume and some length. However, it dried out really fast and was sticky and hard to apply. Hence the 3 lippies.

on 3/8/2018 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really disappointed with this mascara. Just lumps of sticky clodgy mascara that looks awful and clumps up terribly. Disgusting stuff. I've used Maybelline before but have now changed brand. Would definitely not recommend to anyone

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara does make my lashes very volumous and very long but. when I apply the wand on my skin, nothing comes out. it makes me lashes very stiff, very clumped and just not good. idk why but it really isn't a good product .. too stiff and messy and just the brush might be the problem because the product is usually dry and brittle.

on 1/20/2018 12:48:00 PM

I bought it cuz of the rave about this product but it is super dry, i opened and used it for the first time yesterday, it doesnt fall out, its super black but it looks like it has opened 2 months ago, it is dry and tried on my hand,it didnt transfer to my hand at all, maybe i got the bad one but wont repurchase it again