Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

4.5

on 5/23/2017 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I've been looking for something like this for years. As I've gotten older, I have struggled with rosecea and hormonal acne on my cheeks. Despite cleansing, toning, and treating with other products twice per day for months, nothing worked for me. I began using this stuff about 3 weeks ago and immediately saw a difference in the redness in my face. About a week ago, I did have a bit of what I'm hoping was a "purge" phase, with an increase in a few spots on my cheeks. However, they went away within a few days and my face is looking better than it has in years.

Negative: not much comes in the bottle... It seems like it will last around a month if used once per day.

on 3/14/2017 10:05:00 AM

I'm pretty into this product. This is my first time trying Azelaic acid. It's a thick-ish white lotion packaged in a 30mL bare-bones squeeze tube. It has Dimethicone high up in the ingredients list, so keep an eye out if you're sensitive. I appreciate that though because this is honestly an amazing primer. It smooths and keeps me matte for hours! So that's a nice side effect. Other than that, I have noticed that the addition of this to my litany of chemical exfoliators (I probably need to take it down a notch tbh) has definitely helped my skin become more even and refined. I like this better than the Ordinary's Lactic Acid, and while I LOVE LOVE their Retinoid, that serves a different purpose.

I have noticed that you need to layer this properly - it can ball up when used with certain other products (ahem, the Ordinary Vit C suspension, looking at you). But it's mostly the other products not working well with IT, not vice versa.

This little tube of goodness is less than $8 - the reason I've never tried Azelaic acid before is that I haven't seen it offered in anything affordable, so I'm really happy I get to try it. I will definitely keep buying and using this.

Note of possible importance: Azelaic acid is derived from wheat (also rye and barley). I was nervous that since I have a gluten sensitivity and celiac runs in my family that somehow I would experience adverse effects - but no, nothing!