Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.1

Love this to bits. It calms down inflammation. It reduces my pores. It fights redness and breakouts. I apply it as last step of my skincare, over moisturizer, because it almost feels like a primer. Will repurchase for ever and ever. It's healing my skin.

on 9/30/2018 9:06:00 AM

It is an exceptionally elegant medical grade Azelaic Acid formula for an excellent price.

Comparing it to Finacea (15% Azelaic Acid) and Skinoren (20% Azelaic Acid), it is definitely a winner when it comes to finish on the skin and mildness while delivering the same results without the excessive irritation that a higher concentration Azelaic Acid product could do.

Where Deciem did a good job is selecting very mild emollients (Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone) and leaving out glycols in all forms creating a superior product that is non-penetrating and mild and will deliver the Azelaic Acid also in a more time-release manner: slower, over time. This will also provide a longer lasting effect on the skin.

The inclusion of silicone raw-materials (Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer and Polysilicone-11) will also aid the time-release delivery and will provide elegance to the product.

Azelaic Acid will aid the healing of inflammation and also counteract acne (and rosacea). It is an alpha-hydroxy acid that is naturally found in corn having excellent exfoliating, anti-inflammatory and strong anti-oxidant properties when applied topically.

The formula from The Ordinary does deliver both on clearing acne and also hyper-pigmentation.

What I miss is a bit more fluidity that would aid an easier application providing more slip.

I would recommend using the product only if you have problems with acne or rosacea. Starting applying it sparingly twice a week to begin with and increasing application to once (or even twice) a day. Apply always on clean and dry skin and only the smallest amount. This formula is easily absorbed and allows the application of a moisturizer immediately.
I did not experience problems in the form of balling/pilling after application of other products.

In case of sever acne, it can be combined with retinol/tretinoin at night and Azelaic Acid in the morning. You should be well accustomed to both actives before using them simultaneously! The irritation potential of using them in combination is increased several folds.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone, Azelaic Acid, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polysilicone-11, Isohexadecane, Tocopherol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Isoceteth-20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin

on 12/30/2017 12:09:00 PM

I have re-purchased this, I do think it’s making a difference. My face looks brighter, my dark spots have diminished. Be aware when using this it has a very matte finish … I actually only use it to spot treat problem oily areas because it pills/balls up under make up. It’s very bad about this. I have tried letting it soak in for an hour and it doesn’t matter. If you only use it on your little problem areas and you make sure it’s very well absorbed and Pat it into the skin then you won’t have the pilling problem. It’s only when I use it all over my face that I have this issue. It’s actually great as an oil control primer because it takes all shine away. If you don’t break out from silicones definitely give this product a try, you just have to use it in the proper way and it’s a great product.

on 4/26/2017 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Fingers crossed this is the miracle I've been waiting for. Three days is when I usually start feeling the prickling and creeping of new irritation as my rosacea gets worse with new products. I'll admit that I have been terrified of the silicones in face products as they badly affect my hair and scalp - but my face seems to love them. (Hydraluron Jelly and Neuteogena Hydroboost play very nicely with this product, btw). I am hoping it will help stave off more perioral dermatitis as well. So far this sits nicely under foundation, but I have only used a powder mineral one so far. I'm impressed!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have used this for about a month - so far so good! I break out easily and this has really kept my skin calm. I use it every night in combination with Differin gel (for pigmentation, spots and general rejuvination). Very happy so far!
The only reason I wont give 5/5 is that it is useless under makeup/sunscreen. Comes right off so Ive stopped trying using it during the day. (This is the case w a few Ordinary products - stopped using the Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate for the same reason)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Just bought this, and was super excited to try it. I had high hopes for azelaic acid, considering my sensitive, very red, acne-prone skin. I've used it for about 4 days now, and I'm terrified to keep using it; my forehead is turning into lumpy orange-peel skin with countless little pimples, and the rest of my face is looking almost as bad. I feel like it is probably the carrier lotion that is causing the problems, not the azelaic acid itself (since I have read a number of studies that reference its lack of side effects). The price is pretty good, although the tube is only 30 ml, and the packaging is fine. The product is white, unscented, fairly thick, dries quickly leading to some possible spreasding difficulties, and has a very powdery finish.I just think the formulation of this product is not for me.

on 10/13/2018 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was willing to give this a shot given that I’ve used azelaic acid in prescription form before. The price point is great and the design of the whole Ordinary line is visually appealing. But as for results- this is supposed to improve visible brightness and the appearance of skin texture, both things my skin needs- this did not deliver. I didn’t care for the nutty scent, which seems to have dissipated over time, nor did I care about the constant balling up. Blobs of this product remained on my fingers as I unsuccessfully tried to smooth this over my face without it pilling everywhere. After yet another catastrophic failure with this product after prepping my face with several other products, I’m done. I’m not going to waste any more time trying to baby this so it won’t ruin the rest of my skincare routine. I wouldn’t buy anything else from this line even if it remained in business.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Made me itchy and stung. Also caused breakout all over my face about four days after using, as well as sore under-the-skin spots, which I never get. Sadly no instant redness relief for me.

Does not clog my pores. I see a slight differance in my redness. On my third tube. Hoping to see more results.

on 9/4/2017 3:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Been using this product for 2-3 months now. Not sure if I see a difference yet in my redness.