Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.7

on 5/24/2018 7:46:00 AM

I'm not sure if I see any results. What I'm sure about - don't try to layer other products on this. I did and it piled up pretty badly.

on 3/20/2018 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

After having a baby last summer my skin went crazy. I've been battling acne, melasma, bouts of oilyness followed by dryness and an overall hormonal hot mess. I've had some success with the granactive retinoid in squalane and SA from this line and wanted to add a few products so that I had a more comprehensive routine for AM and PM. I mix a pea size amount in with either the Moisturizing factors or my sunscreen from EltaMD with niacinamide as well as a drop of squalane in the morning. Yes it may dilute my sunscreen but my skin can only absorb so many layers of products so I do what works for me . This mix applies easily, absorbs quickly and wears well under makeup. No pilling or other issues with texture when I use it this way. On it's own it's a creamy silicone based formula that's thicker than a primer with less slip. I did knock a lippie off for being so cone heavy but so far it hasn't been a problem. I did experience a bit of purging the first few days but my overall skin tone is brighter, clearer and less red around my nose and cheeks. This does cause some slight irritation when applied on its own but it goes away quickly and doesn't cause redness or itching. My only frustration with Deciem in general is that they use a lot of cone, glycerine or castor oil bases that can clog up my skin and will cause more breakouts if I layer on too many of their products. So I have to really pick and choose which ones I think my skin can handle. Some serums with glycerine high up in the ingredient list I won't even try like the buffet. This has been a good addition to my skincare routine though and I'll continue to use it . The dirt cheap price is also great

on 3/10/2018 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I really wanted to like this line. It has a great marketing approach, price points, variety and ingredients. But I had to stop using it when the Niacinamide 10% nearly ruined my skin after one use. It took so much to get it back in shape from the rough textured, tiny raised weezing bumpy mess it turned into, that it's made me leary on the rest of the line. I'd already ordered several products so I decided not to cast away an entire line due to one bad apple. The Azelaic Acid has similar though less disruptive results to my skin but enough for me to quite while I'm ahead. There are too many good items on the market to keep using one that fails you. I'll be giving this away to my niece but I don't think the line is bad, quite the contrary. I just think it's not compatible with my skin for some reason and the results are the same with each product, despite being different items. I'm thinking it's one ingredient that I can't quite single out. Oh well.

on 3/9/2018 10:41:00 AM

It calms inflammation (especially when I use it after a retinoid), it's effective and cheap but I'm not crazy about the silicony feel of it. Still, I would and have repurchased it.

on 3/6/2018 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The Ordinary, how we love you and your prices...!!!

I was very curious about azelaic acid after reading tons of articles on it, however it doesn't seem to be readily available in a lot of acne-centric products yet. When I saw The Ordinary was offering a suitable product containing azelaic for around $7 I snatched it up!

Decent-looking soft plastic squeeze tube packaging that works great to dispense an appropriate amount easily.

The product itself is a white, opaque, unscented lotion. I think it contains silicones, so I like to use it in the morning under makeup as a primer. This works well and doesn't cause any problems with my makeup.

I do believe this has contributed to my skintone evening out and less acne in general. Antioxidants are always good, too, so I like that aspect. This is not a heavy hitter in my skincare routine but it's something I feel has value and, for the price, will continue to buy.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've repurchased this. The price is great, but only lasts 2 months, so factor that in to the cost. This is levels my skin feeling smooth, not tight, but very dry and matte. Of course I use moisturizing products after, so no biggie. It has changed my skin, evening out the discoloration. However nothing beats retinol! The Ordinary sells Retinol 2%. That has made the most impact on my skin feeling smoother, and definitely and quickly decreasing freckles, discoloration, and hyperpigmentation. It's done this in two weeks, but I am able to use it nightly. Can't recommend enough! The bottle with the dropper works great. Looks great with all my face oils (I buy jojoba, sweet almond, and especially argan oil from Amazon for a steal). The dark bottle protects the ingredients from oxidizing. Many, many products at ten times the price have not had the impact that this does at $7

on 12/20/2017 10:42:00 PM

The Ordinary was purchased by Estee Lauder, so it will be interesting to see if prices go up and if the formulas will change. Azelaic Acid is a good antioxidant to use if you have dull or acne prone skin. I love that this moisturizer absorbs quickly and is fragrance free as well! This doesn't tend to feel super moisturizing, so if you have dry skin you will probably want to use this as a supplement to your other moisturizers. This doesn't contain a ton of other ingredients so if you have sensitive skin and are looking for something with Azelaic Acid included this is a great option and affordable to boot! My more detailed review can be seen here:

on 11/18/2017 12:57:00 AM

Straight to the point and utterly effective. Use it only at night, every night, mixed with a richer moisturizer and it works wonders to refine and brighten. Cannot be used around eyes as it dries out too much.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm completely in love with The Ordinary products and this is the only product I've tried so far from this range that I'm not completely mad about. I use it for my hormonal acne breakouts, redness and acne marks (not scars, just colored spots) and it's ok but not amazing. I've had better results with Salicylic Acid, Niaminacide & Zinc and Retinoids.

This clears up my skin texture nicely a bit but not as a treatment, more like a maintenance product. Also, I don't really like the silicone- formulation... it tends to bundle and gather if you layer another product on top of it. Would not buy again, really.

on 10/25/2017 11:42:00 AM

I have sensitive skin with rosacea on my cheeks. I’ve never had clearer skin. I would recommend this product to anyone with problem skin. Love it!