Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have light skin (approx NW20) prone to redness especially on chin and cheeks. This just really dried out my oily/combo skin - made it flaky and rough after first use. It also smells strongly of plastic and sure didn't seem that the tube was full?? As with the other The Ordinary products I tried it wasn't worth to return so I tossed. I tried! I was excited about a lower cost line but so far only 1 of 4 products have worked for me :(

on 10/2/2017 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the price point for the ordinary line and was excited to try out azelaic acid. However, this product did not work my skin. I have very acid tolerant skin having used LA, retinoids, glycolytic acid, etc. but this product left my skin itchy and irritated. I'm not sure if my skin cannot tolerate azelaic acid at 10% or because the way this product is formulated. I think it is due silicones which has always been a problem for me. Those who want to try this product, make sure your skin is tolerant to silicones! For me, I would not repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Worst product ever.my skin can handle acids but when i applied ths product it caused me unbearable itching and i had to wash it after some minutes.after some days i again tried it.again it caused so much itching and tingling and burning that i was not able to keep it for 2 minutes.rinsed it off.and the next day my face breakouts.i am so disappointed by the ordinary.i tried hylauronic acid,lactic acid 10%,vit c 30% in silicons,argon oil,aha bha peeling solution and marula oil from the ordinary and only the marula oil gave my face some hydration,others were such a waste of money and time.worst thing is i gave the order of buffet serum,rose hip oil and retinoid 2% frm the ordinary and now i am tense that they will be worst as well.

on 8/11/2017 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This little thing save my skin. I have sensitive skin with rosacea.ive seen cosmetologist/ doctors who RX antibiotics expressive creams I Chang my diet and nothing worked for years. Finally I went to the beautilish website and read about this product. I purchased it and when it arrived I was scared to use it because it's an acid and my skin is so sensitive. Non the less I did and in a few weeks my skin looked way more even and smooth. I have not had a breakout of rosacea since then. I love the ordinary products just do your research to see what works well for your skin type. I'm greatful this works for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the shit. I go from spotless and good to awful acne and looking like someone who has sprinkled shit over her face (the whiteheads) all the time. This is a lifesaver.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a little suspicious of this product because it's actually working and FAST.

I hope I don't break out from this because otherwise it would be the most amazing product. I have been having some really annoying pustular breakouts around my chin for the past few weeks and this, right before my eyes, made the redness and swelling go down immensely. I slept with it on last night and this morning, I noticed a lot less texture and it dried up all of the breakout.

i'm only suspicious because nothing has ever worked this well or fast for my dry, acne-prone but sensitive skin before. I have their 100% squalene and 2% hyaluronic acid to try next and I'm very excited!

Will update when i know more about how it works for me and if (god forbid) it breaks me out after all.

UPDATE: IT DIDN'T BREAK ME OUT!!! This stuff is miraculous and I'm beyond impressed. My skin is so much clearer and smoother. I used it morning and night until my skin felt under control and I think I will be using it every 2 days so I don't irritate my skin unnecessarily.

on 6/5/2017 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This product is a godsend if you have rosacea or skin redness! I have mild rosacea and this product healed my redness and inflammation almost instantly; as another reviewer noted, you get same day results. I can't speak for the anti-acne claims since I've already been using the Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid for years to take care of that, but my lumps and bumps also look nicely smoothed over too. This makes my skin look like flawless porcelain, and makes it so smooth and bright. I will keep repurchasing since it's so cheap and the efficacy is so amazing, it's almost criminal.

on 5/25/2017 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using this with the Niacinamide from The Ordinary. Basically the only things I dislike about it are the matte siliconey feel, and how tricky it can be to spread. The spreadability is solved by dotting it sparingly across my face in sections and quickly working it in.

I've noticed this really ramped up the effect of niacinamide. I doubt I'll ever see my melasma disappear completely (without lasers and really pricey things I'll probably never do), but it makes a decent enough difference for me to keep using it. What it really helps with is healing acne and fading acne pigmentation. It also seems to help my skin redness which isn't super prevalent, but I do get a bit on my cheeks and sides of ,you nostrils. It definitely hasn't broken me out and seems to really help with clearing acne that does pop up rather quickly

on 5/10/2017 2:08:00 PM

I have rosacea and acne and have had less breakouts since using this once a day. I do feel like my rosacea pimples have become a bit more pronounced though, but I'm hoping this is just a phase as I've only been using it for 2 weeks.

The price is great but I do feel like I'll run out soon, so theres not much product.

Comes out like a thick cream but as you work it into the skin it's not easy to distribute as it's thick and dry as soon as it goes onto the skin, so you do need to use quite a big blob. Also, if you use product after it will pill up and come off which is a shame. So I tend to pat my moisturiser on afterwards so I don't disturb the acid. I've never used it under makeup because I just don't see how it would work.

I'm currently making a lot of changes to my skin care and diet, so I can't say for sure if this product is whats made my acne better but i will continue to use it for the next couple of months. I have sensitive skin and this acid has been recommended for my skin type by many demonologists.

on 3/14/2017 10:05:00 AM

I'm pretty into this product. This is my first time trying Azelaic acid. It's a thick-ish white lotion packaged in a 30mL bare-bones squeeze tube. It has Dimethicone high up in the ingredients list, so keep an eye out if you're sensitive. I appreciate that though because this is honestly an amazing primer. It smooths and keeps me matte for hours! So that's a nice side effect. Other than that, I have noticed that the addition of this to my litany of chemical exfoliators (I probably need to take it down a notch tbh) has definitely helped my skin become more even and refined. I like this better than the Ordinary's Lactic Acid, and while I LOVE LOVE their Retinoid, that serves a different purpose.

I have noticed that you need to layer this properly - it can ball up when used with certain other products (ahem, the Ordinary Vit C suspension, looking at you). But it's mostly the other products not working well with IT, not vice versa.

This little tube of goodness is less than $8 - the reason I've never tried Azelaic acid before is that I haven't seen it offered in anything affordable, so I'm really happy I get to try it. I will definitely keep buying and using this.

Note of possible importance: Azelaic acid is derived from wheat (also rye and barley). I was nervous that since I have a gluten sensitivity and celiac runs in my family that somehow I would experience adverse effects - but no, nothing!