Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.0

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have rosacea and I use this on mornings that I have severe redness. It takes away my redness quickly (same day results! that's fantastic). Feels smooth on my skin. Works well on my cheeks but I think not on my nose because I think it's causing extra blackhead there.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have acne-prone, oily skin and this did not work for me. The texture was really thick and difficult to spread without using a lot of the product. It made my skin extremely matte--almost too drying for me and I have oily skin. The reason I stopped using it was because it made my skin itchy and made me break out.

on 3/20/2018 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

After having a baby last summer my skin went crazy. I've been battling acne, melasma, bouts of oilyness followed by dryness and an overall hormonal hot mess. I've had some success with the granactive retinoid in squalane and SA from this line and wanted to add a few products so that I had a more comprehensive routine for AM and PM. I mix a pea size amount in with either the Moisturizing factors or my sunscreen from EltaMD with niacinamide as well as a drop of squalane in the morning. Yes it may dilute my sunscreen but my skin can only absorb so many layers of products so I do what works for me . This mix applies easily, absorbs quickly and wears well under makeup. No pilling or other issues with texture when I use it this way. On it's own it's a creamy silicone based formula that's thicker than a primer with less slip. I did knock a lippie off for being so cone heavy but so far it hasn't been a problem. I did experience a bit of purging the first few days but my overall skin tone is brighter, clearer and less red around my nose and cheeks. This does cause some slight irritation when applied on its own but it goes away quickly and doesn't cause redness or itching. My only frustration with Deciem in general is that they use a lot of cone, glycerine or castor oil bases that can clog up my skin and will cause more breakouts if I layer on too many of their products. So I have to really pick and choose which ones I think my skin can handle. Some serums with glycerine high up in the ingredient list I won't even try like the buffet. This has been a good addition to my skincare routine though and I'll continue to use it . The dirt cheap price is also great

on 12/13/2017 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Have had mild rosacea since I cld remember. Bought it via Hush app after reading reviews here and over at SkincareAddiction thread in Reddit. As soon as the product arrived, I eagerly dabbed it into my cheeks, nose, and chin. A few hours later, the redness actually went away. I would say about 80 percent gone. So grateful I found this info from you all! Yes it stings or burns a bit but it goes away after a few minutes. A must for those who struggle with mild rosacea! Edit: after few months of use.... it doesn’t seem to improve rosacea after daily use. The first day was WOW but afterward slight improvement.

on 10/25/2017 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

this product is magic in a tube. it reduces the redness around my nose, and also helps to heal my POD. i was prescribed a topical steroid cream for the redness on my face several months ago, and when i stopped using that cream, my skin developed perioral dermatitis the next day. i did a little research online and found that azelaic acid can be used to treat rosacea and acne by killing bacteria, so i decided to buy this product aaaand i'm glad i did, i've been using it twice a day for a whole week and the redness is almost gone. it also improves my skin texture, a lot. i have no problem with the formula, it glides smoothly and sits perfectly still under my foundation and face oil, it doesn't pill or clog my pores despite the silicone in it. the only thing that i kinda dislike is the tube, it's too big for the amount of product in it, i have to squish the tube really hard to dispense the product.

on 10/16/2017 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tried using this product for a week or so. In the past I have used prescription Azelaic Acid products with great success.

The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension did not work for me and might have even causes more harm than good. It might be the silicones, or the fact that it's only 10%, I'm not sure. I cannot tolerate any type of fragrance and perhaps there is some in this product.

I'm trying another otc acid now to see if it works.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Worst product ever.my skin can handle acids but when i applied ths product it caused me unbearable itching and i had to wash it after some minutes.after some days i again tried it.again it caused so much itching and tingling and burning that i was not able to keep it for 2 minutes.rinsed it off.and the next day my face breakouts.i am so disappointed by the ordinary.i tried hylauronic acid,lactic acid 10%,vit c 30% in silicons,argon oil,aha bha peeling solution and marula oil from the ordinary and only the marula oil gave my face some hydration,others were such a waste of money and time.worst thing is i gave the order of buffet serum,rose hip oil and retinoid 2% frm the ordinary and now i am tense that they will be worst as well.