Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Filtered by hair type : Other
Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

2.6

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've repurchased this. The price is great, but only lasts 2 months, so factor that in to the cost. This is levels my skin feeling smooth, not tight, but very dry and matte. Of course I use moisturizing products after, so no biggie. It has changed my skin, evening out the discoloration. However nothing beats retinol! The Ordinary sells Retinol 2%. That has made the most impact on my skin feeling smoother, and definitely and quickly decreasing freckles, discoloration, and hyperpigmentation. It's done this in two weeks, but I am able to use it nightly. Can't recommend enough! The bottle with the dropper works great. Looks great with all my face oils (I buy jojoba, sweet almond, and especially argan oil from Amazon for a steal). The dark bottle protects the ingredients from oxidizing. Many, many products at ten times the price have not had the impact that this does at $7

Does not clog my pores. I see a slight differance in my redness. On my third tube. Hoping to see more results.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have light skin (approx NW20) prone to redness especially on chin and cheeks. This just really dried out my oily/combo skin - made it flaky and rough after first use. It also smells strongly of plastic and sure didn't seem that the tube was full?? As with the other The Ordinary products I tried it wasn't worth to return so I tossed. I tried! I was excited about a lower cost line but so far only 1 of 4 products have worked for me :(

on 7/6/2017 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i wanted to like this so badly because i have skin redness that's i'm desperate to get rid of. however, i wasn't able to see whether it worked because it was so itchy i had to wash it off after 3 minutes. giving it to a friend with less sensitive skin :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have acne-prone, oily skin and this did not work for me. The texture was really thick and difficult to spread without using a lot of the product. It made my skin extremely matte--almost too drying for me and I have oily skin. The reason I stopped using it was because it made my skin itchy and made me break out.

on 4/13/2017 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Background: I have dry, sensitive, and rosacea-prone skin that is starting to show lines under eyes when I smile.

I have been using this product off and on for the past 2 months. It's something I really wanted to like because I have been interested in azelaic acid for quite sometime now (supposed to be very good for reducing rosacea-related redness). But alas, I don't like this particular product for my skin.

I'm currently following an Asian skincare-inspired routine. So I pay close attention to a product's texture, active ingredients, and pH level to determine which step I will use it.

Azelaic acid is what I consider an active. So I would put it on right after my double cleansing, and before anything​ else. But I can't with this one because it's silicone-based and would prevent other products from being absorbed into my skin.

So I've been putting it on after my essence & serum, but before any moisturizers (lotion / oil / cream / etc). But it was still problematic there. It left my skin feeling so dry, and pilled easily when I layered moisturizers​ on top.

I know some people use this during the day sort of as a makeup primer because of the silicone, but I am a little leary about using an acid during the day (personal preference).

So as much as I wanted to like this product, I just couldn't make it work for me. But it may work very well for someone with normal or oilier skin.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Found it impossible to wear this under make up as it peels when you apply foundation. Tried different combinations with other skincare products and primers including my favourite Hourglass mineral veil primer - no, it peels off and lookes like white flakes of silikone on the face.