Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.7

on 9/30/2018 9:06:00 AM

It is an exceptionally elegant medical grade Azelaic Acid formula for an excellent price.

Comparing it to Finacea (15% Azelaic Acid) and Skinoren (20% Azelaic Acid), it is definitely a winner when it comes to finish on the skin and mildness while delivering the same results without the excessive irritation that a higher concentration Azelaic Acid product could do.

Where Deciem did a good job is selecting very mild emollients (Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone) and leaving out glycols in all forms creating a superior product that is non-penetrating and mild and will deliver the Azelaic Acid also in a more time-release manner: slower, over time. This will also provide a longer lasting effect on the skin.

The inclusion of silicone raw-materials (Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer and Polysilicone-11) will also aid the time-release delivery and will provide elegance to the product.

Azelaic Acid will aid the healing of inflammation and also counteract acne (and rosacea). It is an alpha-hydroxy acid that is naturally found in corn having excellent exfoliating, anti-inflammatory and strong anti-oxidant properties when applied topically.

The formula from The Ordinary does deliver both on clearing acne and also hyper-pigmentation.

What I miss is a bit more fluidity that would aid an easier application providing more slip.

I would recommend using the product only if you have problems with acne or rosacea. Starting applying it sparingly twice a week to begin with and increasing application to once (or even twice) a day. Apply always on clean and dry skin and only the smallest amount. This formula is easily absorbed and allows the application of a moisturizer immediately.
I did not experience problems in the form of balling/pilling after application of other products.

In case of sever acne, it can be combined with retinol/tretinoin at night and Azelaic Acid in the morning. You should be well accustomed to both actives before using them simultaneously! The irritation potential of using them in combination is increased several folds.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone, Azelaic Acid, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polysilicone-11, Isohexadecane, Tocopherol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Isoceteth-20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin

on 7/13/2017 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff. In general I'm a big the ordinary fan, because I get to design my own skincare and that is right up my MakeupAlley :)
I use a few product from the ordinary already, the matrixyl, retonoid , alpha arbutin, agireline, vitamin 23% and niacinamide and it just seems to work. My skin has improve so much over the last months, something I haven't been able to achieve buying much more expensive products.
The azelaic acid is the last addition to my skincare regime and it has done wonders. I have very dry skin and redness. Not roscea but plain irritating redness that shines through almost all makeup. Since I started using the ordinary products, it has gotten better, not flaming red anymore just red. I then added this and it's magic. I apply this in the morning, after other products and within minutes my redness fades and on good days, disappears all together. I goes on easily and smooths out the skin, not need for a primer. I have to wait a few minutes before applying foundation or I will experience pilling, but after those minutes makeup glides on beautifully.
I have noticed that my redness over all is not a servere as I was before starting using the azelaic azid so I believe I'm seeing more long term benefits as well.
Super affordable, doesn't dry out my other wise dry skin as long as I use it in conjunction with a good moisturizer.
I would hightly recommend this to anyone with similar skin issues, at that price it's worth trying it out.

on 8/11/2017 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This little thing save my skin. I have sensitive skin with rosacea.ive seen cosmetologist/ doctors who RX antibiotics expressive creams I Chang my diet and nothing worked for years. Finally I went to the beautilish website and read about this product. I purchased it and when it arrived I was scared to use it because it's an acid and my skin is so sensitive. Non the less I did and in a few weeks my skin looked way more even and smooth. I have not had a breakout of rosacea since then. I love the ordinary products just do your research to see what works well for your skin type. I'm greatful this works for me.

I use it as a primer for my oily and rough skin and it's better than any primer I've tried! It smooths skin and blurs pores, feeling like a silicon based product. I'm not sure to be honest if it's really brightening my skin or making it less red but I can use it as a primer everyday without worrying what negative effects it's having on my skin.

on 11/18/2017 12:57:00 AM

Straight to the point and utterly effective. Use it only at night, every night, mixed with a richer moisturizer and it works wonders to refine and brighten. Cannot be used around eyes as it dries out too much.

on 12/30/2017 12:09:00 PM

I have re-purchased this, I do think it’s making a difference. My face looks brighter, my dark spots have diminished. Be aware when using this it has a very matte finish … I actually only use it to spot treat problem oily areas because it pills/balls up under make up. It’s very bad about this. I have tried letting it soak in for an hour and it doesn’t matter. If you only use it on your little problem areas and you make sure it’s very well absorbed and Pat it into the skin then you won’t have the pilling problem. It’s only when I use it all over my face that I have this issue. It’s actually great as an oil control primer because it takes all shine away. If you don’t break out from silicones definitely give this product a try, you just have to use it in the proper way and it’s a great product.

on 4/26/2017 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Fingers crossed this is the miracle I've been waiting for. Three days is when I usually start feeling the prickling and creeping of new irritation as my rosacea gets worse with new products. I'll admit that I have been terrified of the silicones in face products as they badly affect my hair and scalp - but my face seems to love them. (Hydraluron Jelly and Neuteogena Hydroboost play very nicely with this product, btw). I am hoping it will help stave off more perioral dermatitis as well. So far this sits nicely under foundation, but I have only used a powder mineral one so far. I'm impressed!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this to help clear up some dark spots and some little acne bumps. My skin is very dry and sensitive and I did not know this had silicones in it. Long story short after a couple of days I broke out. A week later I looked worse with break outs. Sadly this did not work for me I think it was the silicones.

on 9/5/2018 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I jumped on the Ordinary bandwagon and just went crazy. By far, this brand is one of the best skincare finds of the century. Most of the products worked well for me and considering the price, I really don't have any complaints. However, as always, some products work better than others.

Love love love azelaid acid! It's very comfortable going on and leaves a smooth, matte finish like a primer for foundation. It's gentle, yet works well to reduce acne and textures on your skin. A keeper.

on 2/10/2018 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love, love, love this product! I have combination skin with a pretty oily t-zone, redness, and slight discoloration. This product has made a big difference in only a short amount of time already. I use it in the morning in combination with The Ordinary's caffeine product and my face looks bright and fresh. This product doesn't dry my face out but rather keeps it looking fresh and not oily throughout the day. It feels lightweight and wonderful. A little definitely goes a long way, too, which is nice, but that hardly matters at this price point; it doesn't set you back to stock up if you need to. The only skin care regimen I had before was using Nivea religiously in the morning and before bed, so that might be why I've noticed such a big difference already since I hadn't been using anything before this to help with my ruddy complexion. I absolutely love it.