Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have light skin (approx NW20) prone to redness especially on chin and cheeks. This just really dried out my oily/combo skin - made it flaky and rough after first use. It also smells strongly of plastic and sure didn't seem that the tube was full?? As with the other The Ordinary products I tried it wasn't worth to return so I tossed. I tried! I was excited about a lower cost line but so far only 1 of 4 products have worked for me :(

on 10/2/2017 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the price point for the ordinary line and was excited to try out azelaic acid. However, this product did not work my skin. I have very acid tolerant skin having used LA, retinoids, glycolytic acid, etc. but this product left my skin itchy and irritated. I'm not sure if my skin cannot tolerate azelaic acid at 10% or because the way this product is formulated. I think it is due silicones which has always been a problem for me. Those who want to try this product, make sure your skin is tolerant to silicones! For me, I would not repurchase.

on 9/4/2017 3:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Been using this product for 2-3 months now. Not sure if I see a difference yet in my redness.

on 8/11/2017 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This little thing save my skin. I have sensitive skin with rosacea.ive seen cosmetologist/ doctors who RX antibiotics expressive creams I Chang my diet and nothing worked for years. Finally I went to the beautilish website and read about this product. I purchased it and when it arrived I was scared to use it because it's an acid and my skin is so sensitive. Non the less I did and in a few weeks my skin looked way more even and smooth. I have not had a breakout of rosacea since then. I love the ordinary products just do your research to see what works well for your skin type. I'm greatful this works for me.

on 7/13/2017 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff. In general I'm a big the ordinary fan, because I get to design my own skincare and that is right up my MakeupAlley :)
I use a few product from the ordinary already, the matrixyl, retonoid , alpha arbutin, agireline, vitamin 23% and niacinamide and it just seems to work. My skin has improve so much over the last months, something I haven't been able to achieve buying much more expensive products.
The azelaic acid is the last addition to my skincare regime and it has done wonders. I have very dry skin and redness. Not roscea but plain irritating redness that shines through almost all makeup. Since I started using the ordinary products, it has gotten better, not flaming red anymore just red. I then added this and it's magic. I apply this in the morning, after other products and within minutes my redness fades and on good days, disappears all together. I goes on easily and smooths out the skin, not need for a primer. I have to wait a few minutes before applying foundation or I will experience pilling, but after those minutes makeup glides on beautifully.
I have noticed that my redness over all is not a servere as I was before starting using the azelaic azid so I believe I'm seeing more long term benefits as well.
Super affordable, doesn't dry out my other wise dry skin as long as I use it in conjunction with a good moisturizer.
I would hightly recommend this to anyone with similar skin issues, at that price it's worth trying it out.

on 7/6/2017 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i wanted to like this so badly because i have skin redness that's i'm desperate to get rid of. however, i wasn't able to see whether it worked because it was so itchy i had to wash it off after 3 minutes. giving it to a friend with less sensitive skin :(

on 6/28/2017 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of the very few products that my skin tolerates. I struggle in finding products that do not irritate my skin and the Azelaic Acid Suspension from The Ordinary calms down my irritation, dries down my acne, shrinks pores, makes my skin matte - saving me from the oil mess I am, especially in summer. I use it in the morning, under makeup, and it works like magic.

It stings a bit when applied, but it takes my redness away. Since I have started using it (three months) my skin has definitely improved a lot, especially because I am not as red and irritate as before.

I would definitely recommend it!

Ps: I have used Skinoren in the past, which contains Azelaic Acid as well, but that one irritates my skin a lot and itches.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a little suspicious of this product because it's actually working and FAST.

I hope I don't break out from this because otherwise it would be the most amazing product. I have been having some really annoying pustular breakouts around my chin for the past few weeks and this, right before my eyes, made the redness and swelling go down immensely. I slept with it on last night and this morning, I noticed a lot less texture and it dried up all of the breakout.

i'm only suspicious because nothing has ever worked this well or fast for my dry, acne-prone but sensitive skin before. I have their 100% squalene and 2% hyaluronic acid to try next and I'm very excited!

Will update when i know more about how it works for me and if (god forbid) it breaks me out after all.

UPDATE: IT DIDN'T BREAK ME OUT!!! This stuff is miraculous and I'm beyond impressed. My skin is so much clearer and smoother. I used it morning and night until my skin felt under control and I think I will be using it every 2 days so I don't irritate my skin unnecessarily.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I went on quite a spree at the Ordinary shop in London but I have not opened any other products yet. Several years ago I was a keen user of azelaic acid in my routine but it got pushed aside by other, more exciting products. With this ointment like silicone cream from The Ordinary and 10% concentration - it is time to bring it back!

Azelaic acid works well for my pigmentation (I have gained some over last 39 years despite almost a religious using of a 50 spf sunscreen!), diminishes any post pimple scarring that I have (luckily not much but there are a couple of these pesky darker spots where an old pimple has healed) and some redness that I have in my cheeks. I also like that it has some antioxydative effects too.

It can be a bit drying, especially that this formula comes in a thick, white, very silicone but quite hard to spread cream. One needs to act quickly and after it sinks in, to put some other, more moisturising cream on top. I use it every second night (be careful as it can discolour the pillowcases!) and so far I have noticed a nice smoothness to my skin, a bit less blackheads but not any lightening of my pigmentation freckles yet.

So far then, I'm giving it 3 lippies = good packaging, price and accessibility (in Poland there are many creams with that ingredient in quite high doses available over the counter, not in Scotland). As for results, I'll need to wait at least 8 weeks or at least to finish off my first tube.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this to help clear up some dark spots and some little acne bumps. My skin is very dry and sensitive and I did not know this had silicones in it. Long story short after a couple of days I broke out. A week later I looked worse with break outs. Sadly this did not work for me I think it was the silicones.