Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

on 9/4/2017 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is an effective preparation for azelaic acid, which is the active ingredient in "Finacea."
It immediately rid my face of stubborn breakouts. The formula is nice, disappearing, and unscented.

on 5/25/2017 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using this with the Niacinamide from The Ordinary. Basically the only things I dislike about it are the matte siliconey feel, and how tricky it can be to spread. The spreadability is solved by dotting it sparingly across my face in sections and quickly working it in.

I've noticed this really ramped up the effect of niacinamide. I doubt I'll ever see my melasma disappear completely (without lasers and really pricey things I'll probably never do), but it makes a decent enough difference for me to keep using it. What it really helps with is healing acne and fading acne pigmentation. It also seems to help my skin redness which isn't super prevalent, but I do get a bit on my cheeks and sides of ,you nostrils. It definitely hasn't broken me out and seems to really help with clearing acne that does pop up rather quickly

on 5/10/2017 2:08:00 PM

I have rosacea and acne and have had less breakouts since using this once a day. I do feel like my rosacea pimples have become a bit more pronounced though, but I'm hoping this is just a phase as I've only been using it for 2 weeks.

The price is great but I do feel like I'll run out soon, so theres not much product.

Comes out like a thick cream but as you work it into the skin it's not easy to distribute as it's thick and dry as soon as it goes onto the skin, so you do need to use quite a big blob. Also, if you use product after it will pill up and come off which is a shame. So I tend to pat my moisturiser on afterwards so I don't disturb the acid. I've never used it under makeup because I just don't see how it would work.

I'm currently making a lot of changes to my skin care and diet, so I can't say for sure if this product is whats made my acne better but i will continue to use it for the next couple of months. I have sensitive skin and this acid has been recommended for my skin type by many demonologists.

on 4/26/2017 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Fingers crossed this is the miracle I've been waiting for. Three days is when I usually start feeling the prickling and creeping of new irritation as my rosacea gets worse with new products. I'll admit that I have been terrified of the silicones in face products as they badly affect my hair and scalp - but my face seems to love them. (Hydraluron Jelly and Neuteogena Hydroboost play very nicely with this product, btw). I am hoping it will help stave off more perioral dermatitis as well. So far this sits nicely under foundation, but I have only used a powder mineral one so far. I'm impressed!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have used this for about a month - so far so good! I break out easily and this has really kept my skin calm. I use it every night in combination with Differin gel (for pigmentation, spots and general rejuvination). Very happy so far!
The only reason I wont give 5/5 is that it is useless under makeup/sunscreen. Comes right off so Ive stopped trying using it during the day. (This is the case w a few Ordinary products - stopped using the Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate for the same reason)