Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.3

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Just bought this, and was super excited to try it. I had high hopes for azelaic acid, considering my sensitive, very red, acne-prone skin. I've used it for about 4 days now, and I'm terrified to keep using it; my forehead is turning into lumpy orange-peel skin with countless little pimples, and the rest of my face is looking almost as bad. I feel like it is probably the carrier lotion that is causing the problems, not the azelaic acid itself (since I have read a number of studies that reference its lack of side effects). The price is pretty good, although the tube is only 30 ml, and the packaging is fine. The product is white, unscented, fairly thick, dries quickly leading to some possible spreasding difficulties, and has a very powdery finish.I just think the formulation of this product is not for me.

on 8/14/2018 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This didn't do a whole lot other than even out my skintone, but for the price and since it's the only azelaic acid product I can get my hands on I will buy it again. I did quickly notice my redness go down and my skin always feels very soft, but it has done little about my hormonal acne. It's hard to spread so you need to use quite a large amount and will run out quickly but for the price I definitely think it's worth what it does, I'll just have to find another product for my acne.

on 2/20/2017 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using it for about a month and it has cleared my skin of clogged pores and evened my skin tone.

on 3/10/2018 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I really wanted to like this line. It has a great marketing approach, price points, variety and ingredients. But I had to stop using it when the Niacinamide 10% nearly ruined my skin after one use. It took so much to get it back in shape from the rough textured, tiny raised weezing bumpy mess it turned into, that it's made me leary on the rest of the line. I'd already ordered several products so I decided not to cast away an entire line due to one bad apple. The Azelaic Acid has similar though less disruptive results to my skin but enough for me to quite while I'm ahead. There are too many good items on the market to keep using one that fails you. I'll be giving this away to my niece but I don't think the line is bad, quite the contrary. I just think it's not compatible with my skin for some reason and the results are the same with each product, despite being different items. I'm thinking it's one ingredient that I can't quite single out. Oh well.