Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.7

on 3/6/2018 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The Ordinary, how we love you and your prices...!!!

I was very curious about azelaic acid after reading tons of articles on it, however it doesn't seem to be readily available in a lot of acne-centric products yet. When I saw The Ordinary was offering a suitable product containing azelaic for around $7 I snatched it up!

Decent-looking soft plastic squeeze tube packaging that works great to dispense an appropriate amount easily.

The product itself is a white, opaque, unscented lotion. I think it contains silicones, so I like to use it in the morning under makeup as a primer. This works well and doesn't cause any problems with my makeup.

I do believe this has contributed to my skintone evening out and less acne in general. Antioxidants are always good, too, so I like that aspect. This is not a heavy hitter in my skincare routine but it's something I feel has value and, for the price, will continue to buy.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have light skin (approx NW20) prone to redness especially on chin and cheeks. This just really dried out my oily/combo skin - made it flaky and rough after first use. It also smells strongly of plastic and sure didn't seem that the tube was full?? As with the other The Ordinary products I tried it wasn't worth to return so I tossed. I tried! I was excited about a lower cost line but so far only 1 of 4 products have worked for me :(

on 3/17/2017 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is yet another good product from The Ordinary. I apply it in the morning then their Matrixyl and my mu applies beautifully- no pilling just lovely smooth skin. Whatever it's doing my skin likes it and I've not had a breakout since using.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

image