Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

2.4

on 6/28/2017 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of the very few products that my skin tolerates. I struggle in finding products that do not irritate my skin and the Azelaic Acid Suspension from The Ordinary calms down my irritation, dries down my acne, shrinks pores, makes my skin matte - saving me from the oil mess I am, especially in summer. I use it in the morning, under makeup, and it works like magic.

It stings a bit when applied, but it takes my redness away. Since I have started using it (three months) my skin has definitely improved a lot, especially because I am not as red and irritate as before.

I would definitely recommend it!

Ps: I have used Skinoren in the past, which contains Azelaic Acid as well, but that one irritates my skin a lot and itches.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a little suspicious of this product because it's actually working and FAST.

I hope I don't break out from this because otherwise it would be the most amazing product. I have been having some really annoying pustular breakouts around my chin for the past few weeks and this, right before my eyes, made the redness and swelling go down immensely. I slept with it on last night and this morning, I noticed a lot less texture and it dried up all of the breakout.

i'm only suspicious because nothing has ever worked this well or fast for my dry, acne-prone but sensitive skin before. I have their 100% squalene and 2% hyaluronic acid to try next and I'm very excited!

Will update when i know more about how it works for me and if (god forbid) it breaks me out after all.

UPDATE: IT DIDN'T BREAK ME OUT!!! This stuff is miraculous and I'm beyond impressed. My skin is so much clearer and smoother. I used it morning and night until my skin felt under control and I think I will be using it every 2 days so I don't irritate my skin unnecessarily.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Skin type: sensitive dehydrated acne-prone skin, oily t-zone and dry cheeks that can get flaky when I go too crazy with acids (sounds lovely I know)

Currently really liking this one! I found it helped heal some of the congestion in my skin, as well as some minor breakouts. Definitely see some slight brightening effects from this, although I am using in conjunction with other brightening products. I'm so glad The Ordinary came out with an affordable azelaic acid, it's pretty hard to find in Canada. I didn't have any initial breakout with this, and I usually have some sort of initial breakout when start a new product (just my weird skin which doesn't do well with change). The one thing I don't really like with this product is the weird matte, primer-like texture, which I assume is because of the silicones. Some of my skincare products don't layer well over it, but I don't really want to put it as my last step cause it feels like it won't absorb as well. I haven't had any issues using it under my bb creams/ foundations, which all have satin or semi-matte finishes.

Overall a great product for acne-prone skin, and I am definitely repurchasing this!

Edit: updated to 5 stars, this is seriously helping smooth over my textured skin! A lot of my pitted scars are evening out and I'm pretty sure it's this particular acid that's doing most of the work. Will repurchase forever and I hope they never discontinue this!

on 12/30/2017 12:09:00 PM

I have re-purchased this, I do think it’s making a difference. My face looks brighter, my dark spots have diminished. Be aware when using this it has a very matte finish … I actually only use it to spot treat problem oily areas because it pills/balls up under make up. It’s very bad about this. I have tried letting it soak in for an hour and it doesn’t matter. If you only use it on your little problem areas and you make sure it’s very well absorbed and Pat it into the skin then you won’t have the pilling problem. It’s only when I use it all over my face that I have this issue. It’s actually great as an oil control primer because it takes all shine away. If you don’t break out from silicones definitely give this product a try, you just have to use it in the proper way and it’s a great product.

I'm completely in love with The Ordinary products and this is the only product I've tried so far from this range that I'm not completely mad about. I use it for my hormonal acne breakouts, redness and acne marks (not scars, just colored spots) and it's ok but not amazing. I've had better results with Salicylic Acid, Niaminacide & Zinc and Retinoids.

This clears up my skin texture nicely a bit but not as a treatment, more like a maintenance product. Also, I don't really like the silicone- formulation... it tends to bundle and gather if you layer another product on top of it. Would not buy again, really.

on 11/17/2017 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Sadly, this didn't do anything for my skin. I've given it a few go a few times, but never stuck with it long-term since I see no improvement of my skin whatsoever. I used and adored the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (EU version without benzoyl peroxide) for several years, but wanted to replace it with a cruelty free product. Sadly, this wasn't it. I actually bought it on the recommendation of Wayne Goss (the first time I heard about this company, before it exploded all over social media/youtube in particular), and needless to say I had high expectations. I'm acne prone and extremely prone to closed comedones, and this product didn't improve my skin texture in the slightest. If anything the silicone-y texture feels like it may be clogging in and of itself. I already smother my skin with silicone primers during the day, I'd rather not do the same during the night, to be honest.

On the flip side - when the price is this low, you can afford to take a gamble and lose. If this works for you, then I can only congratulate you, because what a bargain.

on 10/16/2017 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tried using this product for a week or so. In the past I have used prescription Azelaic Acid products with great success.

The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension did not work for me and might have even causes more harm than good. It might be the silicones, or the fact that it's only 10%, I'm not sure. I cannot tolerate any type of fragrance and perhaps there is some in this product.

I'm trying another otc acid now to see if it works.

on 1/25/2017 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I tested this for a few weeks on the left side of my face alongside while testing Garden of Wisdom's mandelic acid serum on my right. I was hoping to find something that was gentle and acne-fighting. The formula didn't irritate my sensitive skin and it went on nicely. However, I couldn't really see any difference in my skin after a couple of weeks of using this product. I did notice that the left side of my face had broken out while my right side hadn't -- could just be chance though.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Awful :( had high hopes for this after loving some of the ordinary products already and following and trusting Wayne Goss. However this just irritated my skin, made it red, dry and itchy. Also caused a few painful under the skin spots that took days to reduce and left angry red marks behind. Only upside is the price as it’s cheap enough to take the risk with it.

on 10/2/2017 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the price point for the ordinary line and was excited to try out azelaic acid. However, this product did not work my skin. I have very acid tolerant skin having used LA, retinoids, glycolytic acid, etc. but this product left my skin itchy and irritated. I'm not sure if my skin cannot tolerate azelaic acid at 10% or because the way this product is formulated. I think it is due silicones which has always been a problem for me. Those who want to try this product, make sure your skin is tolerant to silicones! For me, I would not repurchase.