Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

2.3

on 10/16/2017 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tried using this product for a week or so. In the past I have used prescription Azelaic Acid products with great success.

The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension did not work for me and might have even causes more harm than good. It might be the silicones, or the fact that it's only 10%, I'm not sure. I cannot tolerate any type of fragrance and perhaps there is some in this product.

I'm trying another otc acid now to see if it works.

on 10/2/2017 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the price point for the ordinary line and was excited to try out azelaic acid. However, this product did not work my skin. I have very acid tolerant skin having used LA, retinoids, glycolytic acid, etc. but this product left my skin itchy and irritated. I'm not sure if my skin cannot tolerate azelaic acid at 10% or because the way this product is formulated. I think it is due silicones which has always been a problem for me. Those who want to try this product, make sure your skin is tolerant to silicones! For me, I would not repurchase.

on 7/6/2017 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i wanted to like this so badly because i have skin redness that's i'm desperate to get rid of. however, i wasn't able to see whether it worked because it was so itchy i had to wash it off after 3 minutes. giving it to a friend with less sensitive skin :(

on 6/28/2017 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of the very few products that my skin tolerates. I struggle in finding products that do not irritate my skin and the Azelaic Acid Suspension from The Ordinary calms down my irritation, dries down my acne, shrinks pores, makes my skin matte - saving me from the oil mess I am, especially in summer. I use it in the morning, under makeup, and it works like magic.

It stings a bit when applied, but it takes my redness away. Since I have started using it (three months) my skin has definitely improved a lot, especially because I am not as red and irritate as before.

I would definitely recommend it!

Ps: I have used Skinoren in the past, which contains Azelaic Acid as well, but that one irritates my skin a lot and itches.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a little suspicious of this product because it's actually working and FAST.

I hope I don't break out from this because otherwise it would be the most amazing product. I have been having some really annoying pustular breakouts around my chin for the past few weeks and this, right before my eyes, made the redness and swelling go down immensely. I slept with it on last night and this morning, I noticed a lot less texture and it dried up all of the breakout.

i'm only suspicious because nothing has ever worked this well or fast for my dry, acne-prone but sensitive skin before. I have their 100% squalene and 2% hyaluronic acid to try next and I'm very excited!

Will update when i know more about how it works for me and if (god forbid) it breaks me out after all.

UPDATE: IT DIDN'T BREAK ME OUT!!! This stuff is miraculous and I'm beyond impressed. My skin is so much clearer and smoother. I used it morning and night until my skin felt under control and I think I will be using it every 2 days so I don't irritate my skin unnecessarily.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have acne-prone, oily skin and this did not work for me. The texture was really thick and difficult to spread without using a lot of the product. It made my skin extremely matte--almost too drying for me and I have oily skin. The reason I stopped using it was because it made my skin itchy and made me break out.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was looking for the cheaper alternative to my Holy Grail Jan Marini Bioclear Lotion (hyaluronic acid, salicylic acid and azelaic acid) to keep my complexion clear and bright.
So this is one of the product I've purchased. It's a very bad choice for me.
The texture was quite matte (due to the silicone) and it's not hydrating at all. I applied their Hyaluronic serum prior to using this but it didn't work. In fact my cheeks were strangely dry and tight whenever I use it. As a result my makeup was cloudy right after 2 hours and any primer won't help at all.
It might work for super oily and young lady skin.. but for dehydrated acne prone combination skin in late 20s this is not working for me.

on 5/5/2017 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Somewhat dried out some existing inflammatory breakouts I was experiencing, but broke me out everywhere else and left my skin very red. I don't do well with silicones so this wasn't a huge surprise, but I was hoping that at least one product I'd ordered from The Ordinary would work as intended...

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Skin type: sensitive dehydrated acne-prone skin, oily t-zone and dry cheeks that can get flaky when I go too crazy with acids (sounds lovely I know)

Currently really liking this one! I found it helped heal some of the congestion in my skin, as well as some minor breakouts. Definitely see some slight brightening effects from this, although I am using in conjunction with other brightening products. I'm so glad The Ordinary came out with an affordable azelaic acid, it's pretty hard to find in Canada. I didn't have any initial breakout with this, and I usually have some sort of initial breakout when start a new product (just my weird skin which doesn't do well with change). The one thing I don't really like with this product is the weird matte, primer-like texture, which I assume is because of the silicones. Some of my skincare products don't layer well over it, but I don't really want to put it as my last step cause it feels like it won't absorb as well. I haven't had any issues using it under my bb creams/ foundations, which all have satin or semi-matte finishes.

Overall a great product for acne-prone skin, and I am definitely repurchasing this!

on 1/25/2017 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I tested this for a few weeks on the left side of my face alongside while testing Garden of Wisdom's mandelic acid serum on my right. I was hoping to find something that was gentle and acne-fighting. The formula didn't irritate my sensitive skin and it went on nicely. However, I couldn't really see any difference in my skin after a couple of weeks of using this product. I did notice that the left side of my face had broken out while my right side hadn't -- could just be chance though.