Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

4.3

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've repurchased this. The price is great, but only lasts 2 months, so factor that in to the cost. This is levels my skin feeling smooth, not tight, but very dry and matte. Of course I use moisturizing products after, so no biggie. It has changed my skin, evening out the discoloration. However nothing beats retinol! The Ordinary sells Retinol 2%. That has made the most impact on my skin feeling smoother, and definitely and quickly decreasing freckles, discoloration, and hyperpigmentation. It's done this in two weeks, but I am able to use it nightly. Can't recommend enough! The bottle with the dropper works great. Looks great with all my face oils (I buy jojoba, sweet almond, and especially argan oil from Amazon for a steal). The dark bottle protects the ingredients from oxidizing. Many, many products at ten times the price have not had the impact that this does at $7

on 12/20/2017 10:42:00 PM

The Ordinary was purchased by Estee Lauder, so it will be interesting to see if prices go up and if the formulas will change. Azelaic Acid is a good antioxidant to use if you have dull or acne prone skin. I love that this moisturizer absorbs quickly and is fragrance free as well! This doesn't tend to feel super moisturizing, so if you have dry skin you will probably want to use this as a supplement to your other moisturizers. This doesn't contain a ton of other ingredients so if you have sensitive skin and are looking for something with Azelaic Acid included this is a great option and affordable to boot! My more detailed review can be seen here:

on 10/25/2017 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

this product is magic in a tube. it reduces the redness around my nose, and also helps to heal my POD. i was prescribed a topical steroid cream for the redness on my face several months ago, and when i stopped using that cream, my skin developed perioral dermatitis the next day. i did a little research online and found that azelaic acid can be used to treat rosacea and acne by killing bacteria, so i decided to buy this product aaaand i'm glad i did, i've been using it twice a day for a whole week and the redness is almost gone. it also improves my skin texture, a lot. i have no problem with the formula, it glides smoothly and sits perfectly still under my foundation and face oil, it doesn't pill or clog my pores despite the silicone in it. the only thing that i kinda dislike is the tube, it's too big for the amount of product in it, i have to squish the tube really hard to dispense the product.

on 7/5/2017 11:56:00 PM

I've been having a few issues with my skin lately. It's winter here in Melbourne, Australia, and has been dry and cold. On top of that, I've just moved house, my husband has had major surgery and work has been ridiculously busy. And boy, oh boy, my skin was definitely paying the price.

I've had a huge eczema flare up on my eyelids, rosacea on my cheeks, forehead and nose, as well as some super sexy underground pimples along my jawline.

Three weeks ago, I chucked The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension in my ASOS cart on a whim. When it arrived I dotted it over my face and said a little prayer to the skin gods that it wouldn't break me out. Lo and behold I saw my redness go down in front of my very eyes!! I couldn't believe it!

I've been using this consistently every night before bed, followed by rosehip oil. My rosacea is gone, my flushing and blotchiness has settled down to a normal level, I only have one underground jaw pimple (and it's that time of the month!). I have never used something this instantly effective in my life.

The cream feels sort of ointment like, it is thick and not too slippy. I dot it on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin and rub in quickly and gently. It leaves a silky matte finish on the skin and has no detectable fragrance of any sort. I haven't worn it under makeup so can't speak to that, but I am getting great results from nightly use.

This has been an absolute game changer for me, I can't imagine ever going without it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm a little suspicious of this product because it's actually working and FAST.

I hope I don't break out from this because otherwise it would be the most amazing product. I have been having some really annoying pustular breakouts around my chin for the past few weeks and this, right before my eyes, made the redness and swelling go down immensely. I slept with it on last night and this morning, I noticed a lot less texture and it dried up all of the breakout.

i'm only suspicious because nothing has ever worked this well or fast for my dry, acne-prone but sensitive skin before. I have their 100% squalene and 2% hyaluronic acid to try next and I'm very excited!

Will update when i know more about how it works for me and if (god forbid) it breaks me out after all.

UPDATE: IT DIDN'T BREAK ME OUT!!! This stuff is miraculous and I'm beyond impressed. My skin is so much clearer and smoother. I used it morning and night until my skin felt under control and I think I will be using it every 2 days so I don't irritate my skin unnecessarily.

on 6/5/2017 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This product is a godsend if you have rosacea or skin redness! I have mild rosacea and this product healed my redness and inflammation almost instantly; as another reviewer noted, you get same day results. I can't speak for the anti-acne claims since I've already been using the Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid for years to take care of that, but my lumps and bumps also look nicely smoothed over too. This makes my skin look like flawless porcelain, and makes it so smooth and bright. I will keep repurchasing since it's so cheap and the efficacy is so amazing, it's almost criminal.

on 5/23/2017 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I've been looking for something like this for years. As I've gotten older, I have struggled with rosecea and hormonal acne on my cheeks. Despite cleansing, toning, and treating with other products twice per day for months, nothing worked for me. I began using this stuff about 3 weeks ago and immediately saw a difference in the redness in my face. About a week ago, I did have a bit of what I'm hoping was a "purge" phase, with an increase in a few spots on my cheeks. However, they went away within a few days and my face is looking better than it has in years.

Negative: not much comes in the bottle... It seems like it will last around a month if used once per day.

on 4/15/2018 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

The first time I used this on bare, dry skin after showering at night, the skin near my eyes broke out in hives, an actual rash of irritated skin. My left eye also got kind of red. But this was my first time using any kind of acid on my skin, I've never used anything but rose hip oil and spf on my skin, so I think my skin just wasn't ready. The second time I used a tiny bit and mixed it with coconut oil (I have combination/dry skin), and that went on fine without any side effects. After 2-3 uses I think my skin does look brighter. I and can also see slight clearing up of minor hyper pigmentation on my cheek. My whiteheads have also decreased a lot, including those annoying tiny bumps in the crease of my nose. Bear in mind I have been using this with the Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA. This is just my first week of use.

on 7/19/2017 2:10:00 PM

I had perfectly smooth skin all my life. For some unknown reason, my skin became bumpy and irritated for the past few months. I used all the products that used to soothe me but none of it worked. They all seem to irritate it more.

This magical product got rid of all bumps and roughness in two days. Yes, this doesn't have the best base and it can pill. I guess that's what you get for the incredible price.

As for hyperpigmentation and brightening properties, I haven't used it long enough to judge. All in all, this is definitely a big fat rave worthy product!

on 4/22/2017 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Love this stuff, just love it. I'm 56, with a tendency towards hyperpigmentation, and applying this serum to my skin every other day after my morning cleanse very obviously reduces redness and amps up skin brightness. The product has a gel-like consistency, a nice silky texture, and no noticeable fragrance.

I've almost used up one tube of this product and just repurchased it — it's a winner in my books.