Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.5

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Worst product ever.my skin can handle acids but when i applied ths product it caused me unbearable itching and i had to wash it after some minutes.after some days i again tried it.again it caused so much itching and tingling and burning that i was not able to keep it for 2 minutes.rinsed it off.and the next day my face breakouts.i am so disappointed by the ordinary.i tried hylauronic acid,lactic acid 10%,vit c 30% in silicons,argon oil,aha bha peeling solution and marula oil from the ordinary and only the marula oil gave my face some hydration,others were such a waste of money and time.worst thing is i gave the order of buffet serum,rose hip oil and retinoid 2% frm the ordinary and now i am tense that they will be worst as well.

on 8/11/2017 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This little thing save my skin. I have sensitive skin with rosacea.ive seen cosmetologist/ doctors who RX antibiotics expressive creams I Chang my diet and nothing worked for years. Finally I went to the beautilish website and read about this product. I purchased it and when it arrived I was scared to use it because it's an acid and my skin is so sensitive. Non the less I did and in a few weeks my skin looked way more even and smooth. I have not had a breakout of rosacea since then. I love the ordinary products just do your research to see what works well for your skin type. I'm greatful this works for me.

on 7/13/2017 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff. In general I'm a big the ordinary fan, because I get to design my own skincare and that is right up my MakeupAlley :)
I use a few product from the ordinary already, the matrixyl, retonoid , alpha arbutin, agireline, vitamin 23% and niacinamide and it just seems to work. My skin has improve so much over the last months, something I haven't been able to achieve buying much more expensive products.
The azelaic acid is the last addition to my skincare regime and it has done wonders. I have very dry skin and redness. Not roscea but plain irritating redness that shines through almost all makeup. Since I started using the ordinary products, it has gotten better, not flaming red anymore just red. I then added this and it's magic. I apply this in the morning, after other products and within minutes my redness fades and on good days, disappears all together. I goes on easily and smooths out the skin, not need for a primer. I have to wait a few minutes before applying foundation or I will experience pilling, but after those minutes makeup glides on beautifully.
I have noticed that my redness over all is not a servere as I was before starting using the azelaic azid so I believe I'm seeing more long term benefits as well.
Super affordable, doesn't dry out my other wise dry skin as long as I use it in conjunction with a good moisturizer.
I would hightly recommend this to anyone with similar skin issues, at that price it's worth trying it out.

on 4/13/2017 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Background: I have dry, sensitive, and rosacea-prone skin that is starting to show lines under eyes when I smile.

I have been using this product off and on for the past 2 months. It's something I really wanted to like because I have been interested in azelaic acid for quite sometime now (supposed to be very good for reducing rosacea-related redness). But alas, I don't like this particular product for my skin.

I'm currently following an Asian skincare-inspired routine. So I pay close attention to a product's texture, active ingredients, and pH level to determine which step I will use it.

Azelaic acid is what I consider an active. So I would put it on right after my double cleansing, and before anything​ else. But I can't with this one because it's silicone-based and would prevent other products from being absorbed into my skin.

So I've been putting it on after my essence & serum, but before any moisturizers (lotion / oil / cream / etc). But it was still problematic there. It left my skin feeling so dry, and pilled easily when I layered moisturizers​ on top.

I know some people use this during the day sort of as a makeup primer because of the silicone, but I am a little leary about using an acid during the day (personal preference).

So as much as I wanted to like this product, I just couldn't make it work for me. But it may work very well for someone with normal or oilier skin.