Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

2.5

on 6/15/2018 12:12:00 AM

Oh how I wanted to like this stuff! I have used prescription azelaic acid (Finacea) and it was great for my skin, but the co-pays are obscene. So hoping that this lower strength formula would work for me. Unfortunately the formulation is very very drying. It seems to have mattifying agents in it, unlike the Finacea gel formula. It felt very uncomfortable on my face despite being 10% vs. the 15% in the Finacea gel.

If you have really oily skin you might like this formula, but if you are using it with rosacea prone normal to dry skin, beware. I wish The Ordinary would make this in a formula that is not so drying!

on 4/13/2017 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Background: I have dry, sensitive, and rosacea-prone skin that is starting to show lines under eyes when I smile.

I have been using this product off and on for the past 2 months. It's something I really wanted to like because I have been interested in azelaic acid for quite sometime now (supposed to be very good for reducing rosacea-related redness). But alas, I don't like this particular product for my skin.

I'm currently following an Asian skincare-inspired routine. So I pay close attention to a product's texture, active ingredients, and pH level to determine which step I will use it.

Azelaic acid is what I consider an active. So I would put it on right after my double cleansing, and before anything​ else. But I can't with this one because it's silicone-based and would prevent other products from being absorbed into my skin.

So I've been putting it on after my essence & serum, but before any moisturizers (lotion / oil / cream / etc). But it was still problematic there. It left my skin feeling so dry, and pilled easily when I layered moisturizers​ on top.

I know some people use this during the day sort of as a makeup primer because of the silicone, but I am a little leary about using an acid during the day (personal preference).

So as much as I wanted to like this product, I just couldn't make it work for me. But it may work very well for someone with normal or oilier skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials