Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Awful :( had high hopes for this after loving some of the ordinary products already and following and trusting Wayne Goss. However this just irritated my skin, made it red, dry and itchy. Also caused a few painful under the skin spots that took days to reduce and left angry red marks behind. Only upside is the price as it’s cheap enough to take the risk with it.

on 10/2/2017 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the price point for the ordinary line and was excited to try out azelaic acid. However, this product did not work my skin. I have very acid tolerant skin having used LA, retinoids, glycolytic acid, etc. but this product left my skin itchy and irritated. I'm not sure if my skin cannot tolerate azelaic acid at 10% or because the way this product is formulated. I think it is due silicones which has always been a problem for me. Those who want to try this product, make sure your skin is tolerant to silicones! For me, I would not repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Worst product ever.my skin can handle acids but when i applied ths product it caused me unbearable itching and i had to wash it after some minutes.after some days i again tried it.again it caused so much itching and tingling and burning that i was not able to keep it for 2 minutes.rinsed it off.and the next day my face breakouts.i am so disappointed by the ordinary.i tried hylauronic acid,lactic acid 10%,vit c 30% in silicons,argon oil,aha bha peeling solution and marula oil from the ordinary and only the marula oil gave my face some hydration,others were such a waste of money and time.worst thing is i gave the order of buffet serum,rose hip oil and retinoid 2% frm the ordinary and now i am tense that they will be worst as well.

on 7/6/2017 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i wanted to like this so badly because i have skin redness that's i'm desperate to get rid of. however, i wasn't able to see whether it worked because it was so itchy i had to wash it off after 3 minutes. giving it to a friend with less sensitive skin :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have acne-prone, oily skin and this did not work for me. The texture was really thick and difficult to spread without using a lot of the product. It made my skin extremely matte--almost too drying for me and I have oily skin. The reason I stopped using it was because it made my skin itchy and made me break out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was looking for the cheaper alternative to my Holy Grail Jan Marini Bioclear Lotion (hyaluronic acid, salicylic acid and azelaic acid) to keep my complexion clear and bright.
So this is one of the product I've purchased. It's a very bad choice for me.
The texture was quite matte (due to the silicone) and it's not hydrating at all. I applied their Hyaluronic serum prior to using this but it didn't work. In fact my cheeks were strangely dry and tight whenever I use it. As a result my makeup was cloudy right after 2 hours and any primer won't help at all.
It might work for super oily and young lady skin.. but for dehydrated acne prone combination skin in late 20s this is not working for me.

on 5/5/2017 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Somewhat dried out some existing inflammatory breakouts I was experiencing, but broke me out everywhere else and left my skin very red. I don't do well with silicones so this wasn't a huge surprise, but I was hoping that at least one product I'd ordered from The Ordinary would work as intended...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this to help clear up some dark spots and some little acne bumps. My skin is very dry and sensitive and I did not know this had silicones in it. Long story short after a couple of days I broke out. A week later I looked worse with break outs. Sadly this did not work for me I think it was the silicones.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Just bought this, and was super excited to try it. I had high hopes for azelaic acid, considering my sensitive, very red, acne-prone skin. I've used it for about 4 days now, and I'm terrified to keep using it; my forehead is turning into lumpy orange-peel skin with countless little pimples, and the rest of my face is looking almost as bad. I feel like it is probably the carrier lotion that is causing the problems, not the azelaic acid itself (since I have read a number of studies that reference its lack of side effects). The price is pretty good, although the tube is only 30 ml, and the packaging is fine. The product is white, unscented, fairly thick, dries quickly leading to some possible spreasding difficulties, and has a very powdery finish.I just think the formulation of this product is not for me.

on 11/17/2017 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Sadly, this didn't do anything for my skin. I've given it a few go a few times, but never stuck with it long-term since I see no improvement of my skin whatsoever. I used and adored the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (EU version without benzoyl peroxide) for several years, but wanted to replace it with a cruelty free product. Sadly, this wasn't it. I actually bought it on the recommendation of Wayne Goss (the first time I heard about this company, before it exploded all over social media/youtube in particular), and needless to say I had high expectations. I'm acne prone and extremely prone to closed comedones, and this product didn't improve my skin texture in the slightest. If anything the silicone-y texture feels like it may be clogging in and of itself. I already smother my skin with silicone primers during the day, I'd rather not do the same during the night, to be honest.

On the flip side - when the price is this low, you can afford to take a gamble and lose. If this works for you, then I can only congratulate you, because what a bargain.