Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.5

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've repurchased this. The price is great, but only lasts 2 months, so factor that in to the cost. This is levels my skin feeling smooth, not tight, but very dry and matte. Of course I use moisturizing products after, so no biggie. It has changed my skin, evening out the discoloration. However nothing beats retinol! The Ordinary sells Retinol 2%. That has made the most impact on my skin feeling smoother, and definitely and quickly decreasing freckles, discoloration, and hyperpigmentation. It's done this in two weeks, but I am able to use it nightly. Can't recommend enough! The bottle with the dropper works great. Looks great with all my face oils (I buy jojoba, sweet almond, and especially argan oil from Amazon for a steal). The dark bottle protects the ingredients from oxidizing. Many, many products at ten times the price have not had the impact that this does at $7

I use it as a primer for my oily and rough skin and it's better than any primer I've tried! It smooths skin and blurs pores, feeling like a silicon based product. I'm not sure to be honest if it's really brightening my skin or making it less red but I can use it as a primer everyday without worrying what negative effects it's having on my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Awful :( had high hopes for this after loving some of the ordinary products already and following and trusting Wayne Goss. However this just irritated my skin, made it red, dry and itchy. Also caused a few painful under the skin spots that took days to reduce and left angry red marks behind. Only upside is the price as it’s cheap enough to take the risk with it.

on 12/30/2017 12:09:00 PM

I have re-purchased this, I do think it’s making a difference. My face looks brighter, my dark spots have diminished. Be aware when using this it has a very matte finish … I actually only use it to spot treat problem oily areas because it pills/balls up under make up. It’s very bad about this. I have tried letting it soak in for an hour and it doesn’t matter. If you only use it on your little problem areas and you make sure it’s very well absorbed and Pat it into the skin then you won’t have the pilling problem. It’s only when I use it all over my face that I have this issue. It’s actually great as an oil control primer because it takes all shine away. If you don’t break out from silicones definitely give this product a try, you just have to use it in the proper way and it’s a great product.

on 12/20/2017 10:42:00 PM

The Ordinary was purchased by Estee Lauder, so it will be interesting to see if prices go up and if the formulas will change. Azelaic Acid is a good antioxidant to use if you have dull or acne prone skin. I love that this moisturizer absorbs quickly and is fragrance free as well! This doesn't tend to feel super moisturizing, so if you have dry skin you will probably want to use this as a supplement to your other moisturizers. This doesn't contain a ton of other ingredients so if you have sensitive skin and are looking for something with Azelaic Acid included this is a great option and affordable to boot! My more detailed review can be seen here:

on 12/13/2017 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Have had mild rosacea since I cld remember. Bought it via Hush app after reading reviews here and over at SkincareAddiction thread in Reddit. As soon as the product arrived, I eagerly dabbed it into my cheeks, nose, and chin. A few hours later, the redness actually went away. I would say about 80 percent gone. So grateful I found this info from you all! Yes it stings or burns a bit but it goes away after a few minutes. A must for those who struggle with mild rosacea!

on 11/18/2017 12:57:00 AM

Straight to the point and utterly effective. Use it only at night, every night, mixed with a richer moisturizer and it works wonders to refine and brighten. Cannot be used around eyes as it dries out too much.

on 11/17/2017 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Sadly, this didn't do anything for my skin. I've given it a few go a few times, but never stuck with it long-term since I see no improvement of my skin whatsoever. I used and adored the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (EU version without benzoyl peroxide) for several years, but wanted to replace it with a cruelty free product. Sadly, this wasn't it. I actually bought it on the recommendation of Wayne Goss (the first time I heard about this company, before it exploded all over social media/youtube in particular), and needless to say I had high expectations. I'm acne prone and extremely prone to closed comedones, and this product didn't improve my skin texture in the slightest. If anything the silicone-y texture feels like it may be clogging in and of itself. I already smother my skin with silicone primers during the day, I'd rather not do the same during the night, to be honest.

On the flip side - when the price is this low, you can afford to take a gamble and lose. If this works for you, then I can only congratulate you, because what a bargain.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Made me itchy and stung. Also caused breakout all over my face about four days after using, as well as sore under-the-skin spots, which I never get. Sadly no instant redness relief for me.

I'm completely in love with The Ordinary products and this is the only product I've tried so far from this range that I'm not completely mad about. I use it for my hormonal acne breakouts, redness and acne marks (not scars, just colored spots) and it's ok but not amazing. I've had better results with Salicylic Acid, Niaminacide & Zinc and Retinoids.

This clears up my skin texture nicely a bit but not as a treatment, more like a maintenance product. Also, I don't really like the silicone- formulation... it tends to bundle and gather if you layer another product on top of it. Would not buy again, really.