Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

4.1

on 10/12/2018 9:11:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I use several Deciem products but this is one of my absolute favourites. It goes on so easily, never greasy or rubbery. Just a smooth, soothing cream / serum that goes on beautifully over my Matrixyl and under my daily SPF. I really hope the recent news of Deciem closing shop isn’t true.

on 9/30/2018 9:06:00 AM

It is an exceptionally elegant medical grade Azelaic Acid formula for an excellent price.

Comparing it to Finacea (15% Azelaic Acid) and Skinoren (20% Azelaic Acid), it is definitely a winner when it comes to finish on the skin and mildness while delivering the same results without the excessive irritation that a higher concentration Azelaic Acid product could do.

Where Deciem did a good job is selecting very mild emollients (Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone) and leaving out glycols in all forms creating a superior product that is non-penetrating and mild and will deliver the Azelaic Acid also in a more time-release manner: slower, over time. This will also provide a longer lasting effect on the skin.

The inclusion of silicone raw-materials (Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer and Polysilicone-11) will also aid the time-release delivery and will provide elegance to the product.

Azelaic Acid will aid the healing of inflammation and also counteract acne (and rosacea). It is an alpha-hydroxy acid that is naturally found in corn having excellent exfoliating, anti-inflammatory and strong anti-oxidant properties when applied topically.

The formula from The Ordinary does deliver both on clearing acne and also hyper-pigmentation.

What I miss is a bit more fluidity that would aid an easier application providing more slip.

I would recommend using the product only if you have problems with acne or rosacea. Starting applying it sparingly twice a week to begin with and increasing application to once (or even twice) a day. Apply always on clean and dry skin and only the smallest amount. This formula is easily absorbed and allows the application of a moisturizer immediately.
I did not experience problems in the form of balling/pilling after application of other products.

In case of sever acne, it can be combined with retinol/tretinoin at night and Azelaic Acid in the morning. You should be well accustomed to both actives before using them simultaneously! The irritation potential of using them in combination is increased several folds.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone, Azelaic Acid, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polysilicone-11, Isohexadecane, Tocopherol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Isoceteth-20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin

on 9/5/2018 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I jumped on the Ordinary bandwagon and just went crazy. By far, this brand is one of the best skincare finds of the century. Most of the products worked well for me and considering the price, I really don't have any complaints. However, as always, some products work better than others.

Love love love azelaid acid! It's very comfortable going on and leaves a smooth, matte finish like a primer for foundation. It's gentle, yet works well to reduce acne and textures on your skin. A keeper.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've repurchased this. The price is great, but only lasts 2 months, so factor that in to the cost. This is levels my skin feeling smooth, not tight, but very dry and matte. Of course I use moisturizing products after, so no biggie. It has changed my skin, evening out the discoloration. However nothing beats retinol! The Ordinary sells Retinol 2%. That has made the most impact on my skin feeling smoother, and definitely and quickly decreasing freckles, discoloration, and hyperpigmentation. It's done this in two weeks, but I am able to use it nightly. Can't recommend enough! The bottle with the dropper works great. Looks great with all my face oils (I buy jojoba, sweet almond, and especially argan oil from Amazon for a steal). The dark bottle protects the ingredients from oxidizing. Many, many products at ten times the price have not had the impact that this does at $7

on 11/18/2017 12:57:00 AM

Straight to the point and utterly effective. Use it only at night, every night, mixed with a richer moisturizer and it works wonders to refine and brighten. Cannot be used around eyes as it dries out too much.

Love this to bits. It calms down inflammation. It reduces my pores. It fights redness and breakouts. I apply it as last step of my skincare, over moisturizer, because it almost feels like a primer. Will repurchase for ever and ever. It's healing my skin.

on 3/17/2017 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is yet another good product from The Ordinary. I apply it in the morning then their Matrixyl and my mu applies beautifully- no pilling just lovely smooth skin. Whatever it's doing my skin likes it and I've not had a breakout since using.

on 3/6/2018 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The Ordinary, how we love you and your prices...!!!

I was very curious about azelaic acid after reading tons of articles on it, however it doesn't seem to be readily available in a lot of acne-centric products yet. When I saw The Ordinary was offering a suitable product containing azelaic for around $7 I snatched it up!

Decent-looking soft plastic squeeze tube packaging that works great to dispense an appropriate amount easily.

The product itself is a white, opaque, unscented lotion. I think it contains silicones, so I like to use it in the morning under makeup as a primer. This works well and doesn't cause any problems with my makeup.

I do believe this has contributed to my skintone evening out and less acne in general. Antioxidants are always good, too, so I like that aspect. This is not a heavy hitter in my skincare routine but it's something I feel has value and, for the price, will continue to buy.

on 4/26/2017 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Fingers crossed this is the miracle I've been waiting for. Three days is when I usually start feeling the prickling and creeping of new irritation as my rosacea gets worse with new products. I'll admit that I have been terrified of the silicones in face products as they badly affect my hair and scalp - but my face seems to love them. (Hydraluron Jelly and Neuteogena Hydroboost play very nicely with this product, btw). I am hoping it will help stave off more perioral dermatitis as well. So far this sits nicely under foundation, but I have only used a powder mineral one so far. I'm impressed!!!

on 6/15/2018 12:12:00 AM

Oh how I wanted to like this stuff! I have used prescription azelaic acid (Finacea) and it was great for my skin, but the co-pays are obscene. So hoping that this lower strength formula would work for me. Unfortunately the formulation is very very drying. It seems to have mattifying agents in it, unlike the Finacea gel formula. It felt very uncomfortable on my face despite being 10% vs. the 15% in the Finacea gel.

If you have really oily skin you might like this formula, but if you are using it with rosacea prone normal to dry skin, beware. I wish The Ordinary would make this in a formula that is not so drying!