Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 44-55
Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

on 11/15/2018 11:13:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

MY ROSACEA: I'm 45 and have had rosacea for 25 years. It's been getting worse since I hit my 40s. On top of redness on my cheeks, nose and chin, I developed little bumps, pustules and almost every pore near my nose and chin were enlarged, angry and red. In the winter I get small dry red plaques on my cheeks. I don't flush unless I try new products, drink alcohol or go outside in strong winter winds.

It was getting more difficult to cover my rosacea with makeup as my oily T zone developed a top layer of rough broken skin that my foundation accentuated. Last month I bought a bunch of new things to try base on reviews here and on YouTube.

I never write reviews, because most products never help, at best they just didn't make things worse. I've seen such improvements in the last month I had to come here and share.

WHAT I TRIED SO FAR - PM routine:

Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid - 1 month
Ordinary Rosehip Oil - 1 month
Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA - 1 week
Ordinary Azelaic Acid - 1 week

RESULTS SO FAR:
I can't believe it, after 1 month the texture of my skin is the best since I was a teenager. It is smooth and hydrated and this is happening as the temperatures have dropped to winter levels!!! The bumps are reduced by 80%, my redness by at least 60% and my pores have shrunk and are no longer irritated. All of this for less than $30 CND. I noticed improvements as I introduced each new products, so it's not just one thing working, it seems to be the combo.

AZELAIC ACID:
I find it's best to gently tap this on last after applying a moisterizer. It's quite drying otherwise. I just tap a thin layer into my red areas each night. The other products helped with the bumps, but this has sped up the process.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have light skin (approx NW20) prone to redness especially on chin and cheeks. This just really dried out my oily/combo skin - made it flaky and rough after first use. It also smells strongly of plastic and sure didn't seem that the tube was full?? As with the other The Ordinary products I tried it wasn't worth to return so I tossed. I tried! I was excited about a lower cost line but so far only 1 of 4 products have worked for me :(

Love this to bits. It calms down inflammation. It reduces my pores. It fights redness and breakouts. I apply it as last step of my skincare, over moisturizer, because it almost feels like a primer. Will repurchase for ever and ever. It's healing my skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials