Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.2

on 5/23/2018 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

For reference I have combo normal to dry skin, with an oily nose. I suffer from papulopustular rosacea on both cheeks that I self manage.

This is a lightweight silicone based lotion that applies and absorbs quickly. I use this with the Hylamide Sensitive Skin serum and have found that with religious use every day (no skipping!) unless I directly do things that cause flare ups (be outside in full sun for extended periods) my skin will not have any inflamed pustules. I still have slight texture problems (bumps) but they never get out of control. In the winter my skin has been looking the best it has ever looked without taking drugs.
On a side note, if I just use the Azelaic acid without the serum, I find the texture of my skin feels a bit rougher - the bumps feel a bit more pronounced but still not fully inflamed or showing signs of fluid. If I don't use the acid, and the serum only the skin texture feel smoother and not not as rough, but bumps sometimes show inflammation. I think it's definitely the combination of the two that work for me.

I’m in complete skin heaven! This is a miracle. My skin was breaking out, had red acne scars, and an uneven skin tone. In two weeks, my skin is absolutely amazing from Azelaic acid. The Ordinary does a great job with this product. My skin handles nothing well and I am stunned. I keep looking in the mirror. I finally understand the term brightening. My acne has disappeared and the redness is fifty percent gone. I use a ten step Korean skin care routine. Son and Park Beauty Water and this product are my holy grails. I use a hydrating essence and moisturizer after using The Ordinary. I’m beyond grateful and happy. Try it!

on 4/15/2018 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

The first time I used this on bare, dry skin after showering at night, the skin near my eyes broke out in hives, an actual rash of irritated skin. My left eye also got kind of red. But this was my first time using any kind of acid on my skin, I've never used anything but rose hip oil and spf on my skin, so I think my skin just wasn't ready. The second time I used a tiny bit and mixed it with coconut oil (I have combination/dry skin), and that went on fine without any side effects. After 2-3 uses I think my skin does look brighter. I and can also see slight clearing up of minor hyper pigmentation on my cheek. My whiteheads have also decreased a lot, including those annoying tiny bumps in the crease of my nose. Bear in mind I have been using this with the Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA. This is just my first week of use.

Interesting product. I'm using it to combat hormonal acne and rosacea. I'm about 2 weeks in, and the progress is slow. Better on the acne front than the redness. I think part of the problem is that the product both itches/stings after application. Nothing I can't handle, and I haven't had any visible reaction to it (no additional redness or blemishes), but it's obviously irritating on some front. I'll continue to use it, especially for the price.

on 2/10/2018 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love, love, love this product! I have combination skin with a pretty oily t-zone, redness, and slight discoloration. This product has made a big difference in only a short amount of time already. I use it in the morning in combination with The Ordinary's caffeine product and my face looks bright and fresh. This product doesn't dry my face out but rather keeps it looking fresh and not oily throughout the day. It feels lightweight and wonderful. A little definitely goes a long way, too, which is nice, but that hardly matters at this price point; it doesn't set you back to stock up if you need to. The only skin care regimen I had before was using Nivea religiously in the morning and before bed, so that might be why I've noticed such a big difference already since I hadn't been using anything before this to help with my ruddy complexion. I absolutely love it.

on 12/30/2017 12:09:00 PM

I have re-purchased this, I do think it’s making a difference. My face looks brighter, my dark spots have diminished. Be aware when using this it has a very matte finish … I actually only use it to spot treat problem oily areas because it pills/balls up under make up. It’s very bad about this. I have tried letting it soak in for an hour and it doesn’t matter. If you only use it on your little problem areas and you make sure it’s very well absorbed and Pat it into the skin then you won’t have the pilling problem. It’s only when I use it all over my face that I have this issue. It’s actually great as an oil control primer because it takes all shine away. If you don’t break out from silicones definitely give this product a try, you just have to use it in the proper way and it’s a great product.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Made me itchy and stung. Also caused breakout all over my face about four days after using, as well as sore under-the-skin spots, which I never get. Sadly no instant redness relief for me.

on 10/25/2017 11:42:00 AM

I have sensitive skin with rosacea on my cheeks. I’ve never had clearer skin. I would recommend this product to anyone with problem skin. Love it!

on 8/11/2017 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This little thing save my skin. I have sensitive skin with rosacea.ive seen cosmetologist/ doctors who RX antibiotics expressive creams I Chang my diet and nothing worked for years. Finally I went to the beautilish website and read about this product. I purchased it and when it arrived I was scared to use it because it's an acid and my skin is so sensitive. Non the less I did and in a few weeks my skin looked way more even and smooth. I have not had a breakout of rosacea since then. I love the ordinary products just do your research to see what works well for your skin type. I'm greatful this works for me.

on 7/19/2017 2:10:00 PM

I had perfectly smooth skin all my life. For some unknown reason, my skin became bumpy and irritated for the past few months. I used all the products that used to soothe me but none of it worked. They all seem to irritate it more.

This magical product got rid of all bumps and roughness in two days. Yes, this doesn't have the best base and it can pill. I guess that's what you get for the incredible price.

As for hyperpigmentation and brightening properties, I haven't used it long enough to judge. All in all, this is definitely a big fat rave worthy product!