Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

2.6

on 8/11/2017 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This little thing save my skin. I have sensitive skin with rosacea.ive seen cosmetologist/ doctors who RX antibiotics expressive creams I Chang my diet and nothing worked for years. Finally I went to the beautilish website and read about this product. I purchased it and when it arrived I was scared to use it because it's an acid and my skin is so sensitive. Non the less I did and in a few weeks my skin looked way more even and smooth. I have not had a breakout of rosacea since then. I love the ordinary products just do your research to see what works well for your skin type. I'm greatful this works for me.

on 7/19/2017 2:10:00 PM

I had perfectly smooth skin all my life. For some unknown reason, my skin became bumpy and irritated for the past few months. I used all the products that used to soothe me but none of it worked. They all seem to irritate it more.

This magical product got rid of all bumps and roughness in two days. Yes, this doesn't have the best base and it can pill. I guess that's what you get for the incredible price.

As for hyperpigmentation and brightening properties, I haven't used it long enough to judge. All in all, this is definitely a big fat rave worthy product!

on 7/6/2017 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i wanted to like this so badly because i have skin redness that's i'm desperate to get rid of. however, i wasn't able to see whether it worked because it was so itchy i had to wash it off after 3 minutes. giving it to a friend with less sensitive skin :(

It did work like I expect azelaic acid product to work. Takes away some of the redness (PIH) that is left back after a breakout and all that. It doesn't measure up to my more preferred azelaic acid products (1. PC Resist Multi-Correction Treatment, 2. Ducray Melascreen Emulsion) as The Ordinary is just azelaic acid and obviously lower concentration than the 15-20% prescription products. The texture is really off-putting, though, when I apply it, it feels very "there" and slick on skin and it doesn't wear well during the day under sunscreen. Also, not easy to layer with other products. So yes, it works, and if someone is looking for azelaic acid specifically then it's great, but for results there are better options out there, both OCT and prescription.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have acne-prone, oily skin and this did not work for me. The texture was really thick and difficult to spread without using a lot of the product. It made my skin extremely matte--almost too drying for me and I have oily skin. The reason I stopped using it was because it made my skin itchy and made me break out.

on 5/10/2017 2:08:00 PM

I have rosacea and acne and have had less breakouts since using this once a day. I do feel like my rosacea pimples have become a bit more pronounced though, but I'm hoping this is just a phase as I've only been using it for 2 weeks.

The price is great but I do feel like I'll run out soon, so theres not much product.

Comes out like a thick cream but as you work it into the skin it's not easy to distribute as it's thick and dry as soon as it goes onto the skin, so you do need to use quite a big blob. Also, if you use product after it will pill up and come off which is a shame. So I tend to pat my moisturiser on afterwards so I don't disturb the acid. I've never used it under makeup because I just don't see how it would work.

I'm currently making a lot of changes to my skin care and diet, so I can't say for sure if this product is whats made my acne better but i will continue to use it for the next couple of months. I have sensitive skin and this acid has been recommended for my skin type by many demonologists.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was looking for the cheaper alternative to my Holy Grail Jan Marini Bioclear Lotion (hyaluronic acid, salicylic acid and azelaic acid) to keep my complexion clear and bright.
So this is one of the product I've purchased. It's a very bad choice for me.
The texture was quite matte (due to the silicone) and it's not hydrating at all. I applied their Hyaluronic serum prior to using this but it didn't work. In fact my cheeks were strangely dry and tight whenever I use it. As a result my makeup was cloudy right after 2 hours and any primer won't help at all.
It might work for super oily and young lady skin.. but for dehydrated acne prone combination skin in late 20s this is not working for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this to help clear up some dark spots and some little acne bumps. My skin is very dry and sensitive and I did not know this had silicones in it. Long story short after a couple of days I broke out. A week later I looked worse with break outs. Sadly this did not work for me I think it was the silicones.

on 4/18/2017 6:06:00 AM

My skin is combination and very sensitive. I was worried that my sin won't agree with this product but I was wrong. I use only at night before I go to bed. My skin is very sensitive so using it twice a day would be too much. I have done it few times and noticed that my skin was a bit dry. I apply facial oil & moisturizer on top of it and have no problem with any kind of peeling or rubbing (many people mentioned this). I will advise that after putting the azelaic acid on your face, gently pat your moisturizer in to your skin. Don't massage. This is what I do and it works great. Great product. Big thumb up for the price!

on 3/14/2017 10:05:00 AM

I'm pretty into this product. This is my first time trying Azelaic acid. It's a thick-ish white lotion packaged in a 30mL bare-bones squeeze tube. It has Dimethicone high up in the ingredients list, so keep an eye out if you're sensitive. I appreciate that though because this is honestly an amazing primer. It smooths and keeps me matte for hours! So that's a nice side effect. Other than that, I have noticed that the addition of this to my litany of chemical exfoliators (I probably need to take it down a notch tbh) has definitely helped my skin become more even and refined. I like this better than the Ordinary's Lactic Acid, and while I LOVE LOVE their Retinoid, that serves a different purpose.

I have noticed that you need to layer this properly - it can ball up when used with certain other products (ahem, the Ordinary Vit C suspension, looking at you). But it's mostly the other products not working well with IT, not vice versa.

This little tube of goodness is less than $8 - the reason I've never tried Azelaic acid before is that I haven't seen it offered in anything affordable, so I'm really happy I get to try it. I will definitely keep buying and using this.

Note of possible importance: Azelaic acid is derived from wheat (also rye and barley). I was nervous that since I have a gluten sensitivity and celiac runs in my family that somehow I would experience adverse effects - but no, nothing!