Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.7

on 12/1/2018 11:08:00 PM

I am glad I purchased this because it is helping with brightening and fading acne scars. I have been trying to improve my skincare by introducing actives, and I heard that this is a good OTC azelaic acid product, so when I saw it on Beautybay.com, I snatched it up. I have heard from other reviewers that this formulation is thick and doesn`t spread easily on the skin, but personally, I haven`t had that problem. I don`t really use tons of it, just a tiny dollop from which I apply small pin tip portions all over my face, followed with a massage. I use it every other night right after applying Niacinamide (from the same brand), and so far I haven`t experienced any adverse reactions. I alternate my Niacinamide+Azelaic Acid with Niacinamide/Differin at night. In the mornings I use Resveratrol/Ferulic Acid mixed with Vitamin C daily. This routine was introduced slowly, because it can be irritating, and now this is working fine with no breakouts or irritation, so I am doing it on an every day basis. I have already repurchased back-ups of this acid.

on 11/15/2018 11:13:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

MY ROSACEA: I'm 45 and have had rosacea for 25 years. It's been getting worse since I hit my 40s. On top of redness on my cheeks, nose and chin, I developed little bumps, pustules and almost every pore near my nose and chin were enlarged, angry and red. In the winter I get small dry red plaques on my cheeks. I don't flush unless I try new products, drink alcohol or go outside in strong winter winds.

It was getting more difficult to cover my rosacea with makeup as my oily T zone developed a top layer of rough broken skin that my foundation accentuated. Last month I bought a bunch of new things to try base on reviews here and on YouTube.

I never write reviews, because most products never help, at best they just didn't make things worse. I've seen such improvements in the last month I had to come here and share.

WHAT I TRIED SO FAR - PM routine:

Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid - 1 month
Ordinary Rosehip Oil - 1 month
Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA - 1 week
Ordinary Azelaic Acid - 1 week

RESULTS SO FAR:
I can't believe it, after 1 month the texture of my skin is the best since I was a teenager. It is smooth and hydrated and this is happening as the temperatures have dropped to winter levels!!! The bumps are reduced by 80%, my redness by at least 60% and my pores have shrunk and are no longer irritated. All of this for less than $30 CND. I noticed improvements as I introduced each new products, so it's not just one thing working, it seems to be the combo.

AZELAIC ACID:
I find it's best to gently tap this on last after applying a moisterizer. It's quite drying otherwise. I just tap a thin layer into my red areas each night. The other products helped with the bumps, but this has sped up the process.

on 10/26/2018 12:16:00 PM

Really like this product - helps to brighten my skin tone. I am oily and have mini breakouts regularly - I find this really helps to heal my breakouts and even out my skin tone. I think to get the full benefit it is important to ensure you exfoliate your skin regularly (in combination with a regular cleanse, tone and moisturise regime) otherwise it won’t make much difference to dead skin cells. For the price, it’s a good pick me up for the skin.

on 8/14/2018 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This didn't do a whole lot other than even out my skintone, but for the price and since it's the only azelaic acid product I can get my hands on I will buy it again. I did quickly notice my redness go down and my skin always feels very soft, but it has done little about my hormonal acne. It's hard to spread so you need to use quite a large amount and will run out quickly but for the price I definitely think it's worth what it does, I'll just have to find another product for my acne.

on 6/6/2018 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My skin: combination/dehydrated with hormonal and sometimes stress-related acne that I have a hard time not picking at.

Now, to preface, I'm not sure exactly what combination of products I'm using is actually doing the work at the moment. I have an idea, of course, but I think it's a combination. Either way, I haven't had skin this nice and clear since I got a severe infection, bordering on sepsis, a couple of years ago and was put on massive amounts of antibiotics. That cleared my skin completely for a while, but it was no fun and antibiotics are HARSH. For the last month or two, though, it's been consistently almost that good, without the side effects.

I think this gem of a product, in combination with a few other things, is what does the magic. All the other products I use have been in my rotation at least slightly longer, but I also feel that a few of them help my skin deal with this product much better, so they're important.

Cleanser: MAC Cleanse Off Oil, sometimes followed with or occasionally alternated with the La Roche-Posay Effaclar hydrating cleanser.
Toner: a generic pharmacy brand hydrating glycerin toner, important, but any will do.
Treatment: Wooden Spoon Troubled Skin Serum, a combination of tamanu oil and marula oil with a few essential oils that helps calm down irritation and helps my skin heal faster, I find. This makes a big difference, without it my skin becomes a little irritated by the azelaic acid product.
Treatment: this, after the oil.
Moisturizer: Avene Skin Recovery Cream.
When needed: Cosrx Pimple Master Patches.

In the morning I just wipe my face with hydrating toner on a cotton pad, spray on some more toner, apply sunscreen (Skin 79 Non-Chemical Sunblock, that one also makes a difference, it seems chemical sunscreen breaks me out a little) and then do my make-up.

I use this most nights, and my skin mostly tolerates it, especially when used with an oil or a moisturiser as a buffer, so to speak. Every now and then I need to give my skin a break, though, and just use very mild, bland products - once or twice a week or every other week, perhaps.

So. Would I recommend this? Yes. It has significantly reduced my hormonal acne. Would I repurchase? Already have. Azelaic acid really works for my skin, it seems.

on 5/24/2018 7:46:00 AM

I'm not sure if I see any results. What I'm sure about - don't try to layer other products on this. I did and it piled up pretty badly.

I’m in complete skin heaven! This is a miracle. My skin was breaking out, had red acne scars, and an uneven skin tone. In two weeks, my skin is absolutely amazing from Azelaic acid. The Ordinary does a great job with this product. My skin handles nothing well and I am stunned. I keep looking in the mirror. I finally understand the term brightening. My acne has disappeared and the redness is fifty percent gone. I use a ten step Korean skin care routine. Son and Park Beauty Water and this product are my holy grails. I use a hydrating essence and moisturizer after using The Ordinary. I’m beyond grateful and happy. Try it!

on 4/14/2018 3:11:00 PM

Compared to Paula’s Choice Azelaic Acid, I definitely prefer The Ordinary Azelaic Acid. I have very sensitive rosacea and acne prone skin. I recently repaired my rosacea and acne by applying The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid every morning and night as a first step. This has cleared up most of the acne and rosacea, but by adding azelaic acid I have been able to get rid of the extra breakouts and notice that my skin immediately stops being red and bumpy. I have tried it without the hyaluronic acid and it is then irritating and itchy feeling. I prefer it to Paula’s Choice because Paula’s Choice is more irritating possibly because Paula’s has BHA in it. The Ordinary leaves my skin much smoother. I only use this at night maybe every other night.

Interesting product. I'm using it to combat hormonal acne and rosacea. I'm about 2 weeks in, and the progress is slow. Better on the acne front than the redness. I think part of the problem is that the product both itches/stings after application. Nothing I can't handle, and I haven't had any visible reaction to it (no additional redness or blemishes), but it's obviously irritating on some front. I'll continue to use it, especially for the price.

on 2/15/2018 10:07:00 AM

Glory glory Hallelujah!!! This stuff is AMAZING! I use it instead of a moisturizer during the day and it is really effective at soothing my sensitive acne-prone skin. The texture is weird, it's as if it dries too quickly on skin and the more you rub it in, it can start pilling up. HOWEVER, I found a great solution: I layer the Ordinary EUK 134% (which is a great anti-oxidant serum, you only need a drop or two), wait a few minutes and apply this product -- voila! It goes on smooth and you can use as much as you want, it will apply perfectly and won't pill up. If you don't care for layering, the secret is to apply it in tiny portions and not over rub. This product also acts as a foundation primer. Can't recommend this one more!