Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.5

I’m in complete skin heaven! This is a miracle. My skin was breaking out, had red acne scars, and an uneven skin tone. In two weeks, my skin is absolutely amazing from Azelaic acid. The Ordinary does a great job with this product. My skin handles nothing well and I am stunned. I keep looking in the mirror. I finally understand the term brightening. My acne has disappeared and the redness is fifty percent gone. I use a ten step Korean skin care routine. Son and Park Beauty Water and this product are my holy grails. I use a hydrating essence and moisturizer after using The Ordinary. I’m beyond grateful and happy. Try it!

on 4/14/2018 3:11:00 PM

Compared to Paula’s Choice Azelaic Acid, I definitely prefer The Ordinary Azelaic Acid. I have very sensitive rosacea and acne prone skin. I recently repaired my rosacea and acne by applying The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid every morning and night as a first step. This has cleared up most of the acne and rosacea, but by adding azelaic acid I have been able to get rid of the extra breakouts and notice that my skin immediately stops being red and bumpy. I have tried it without the hyaluronic acid and it is then irritating and itchy feeling. I prefer it to Paula’s Choice because Paula’s Choice is more irritating possibly because Paula’s has BHA in it. The Ordinary leaves my skin much smoother. I only use this at night maybe every other night.

Interesting product. I'm using it to combat hormonal acne and rosacea. I'm about 2 weeks in, and the progress is slow. Better on the acne front than the redness. I think part of the problem is that the product both itches/stings after application. Nothing I can't handle, and I haven't had any visible reaction to it (no additional redness or blemishes), but it's obviously irritating on some front. I'll continue to use it, especially for the price.

on 2/15/2018 10:07:00 AM

Glory glory Hallelujah!!! This stuff is AMAZING! I use it instead of a moisturizer during the day and it is really effective at soothing my sensitive acne-prone skin. The texture is weird, it's as if it dries too quickly on skin and the more you rub it in, it can start pilling up. HOWEVER, I found a great solution: I layer the Ordinary EUK 134% (which is a great anti-oxidant serum, you only need a drop or two), wait a few minutes and apply this product -- voila! It goes on smooth and you can use as much as you want, it will apply perfectly and won't pill up. If you don't care for layering, the secret is to apply it in tiny portions and not over rub. This product also acts as a foundation primer. Can't recommend this one more!

on 11/17/2017 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Sadly, this didn't do anything for my skin. I've given it a few go a few times, but never stuck with it long-term since I see no improvement of my skin whatsoever. I used and adored the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (EU version without benzoyl peroxide) for several years, but wanted to replace it with a cruelty free product. Sadly, this wasn't it. I actually bought it on the recommendation of Wayne Goss (the first time I heard about this company, before it exploded all over social media/youtube in particular), and needless to say I had high expectations. I'm acne prone and extremely prone to closed comedones, and this product didn't improve my skin texture in the slightest. If anything the silicone-y texture feels like it may be clogging in and of itself. I already smother my skin with silicone primers during the day, I'd rather not do the same during the night, to be honest.

On the flip side - when the price is this low, you can afford to take a gamble and lose. If this works for you, then I can only congratulate you, because what a bargain.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Made me itchy and stung. Also caused breakout all over my face about four days after using, as well as sore under-the-skin spots, which I never get. Sadly no instant redness relief for me.

on 10/25/2017 11:42:00 AM

I have sensitive skin with rosacea on my cheeks. I’ve never had clearer skin. I would recommend this product to anyone with problem skin. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have light skin (approx NW20) prone to redness especially on chin and cheeks. This just really dried out my oily/combo skin - made it flaky and rough after first use. It also smells strongly of plastic and sure didn't seem that the tube was full?? As with the other The Ordinary products I tried it wasn't worth to return so I tossed. I tried! I was excited about a lower cost line but so far only 1 of 4 products have worked for me :(

on 9/4/2017 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is an effective preparation for azelaic acid, which is the active ingredient in "Finacea."
It immediately rid my face of stubborn breakouts. The formula is nice, disappearing, and unscented.

on 7/19/2017 2:10:00 PM

I had perfectly smooth skin all my life. For some unknown reason, my skin became bumpy and irritated for the past few months. I used all the products that used to soothe me but none of it worked. They all seem to irritate it more.

This magical product got rid of all bumps and roughness in two days. Yes, this doesn't have the best base and it can pill. I guess that's what you get for the incredible price.

As for hyperpigmentation and brightening properties, I haven't used it long enough to judge. All in all, this is definitely a big fat rave worthy product!