Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.7

on 12/1/2018 11:08:00 PM

I am glad I purchased this because it is helping with brightening and fading acne scars. I have been trying to improve my skincare by introducing actives, and I heard that this is a good OTC azelaic acid product, so when I saw it on Beautybay.com, I snatched it up. I have heard from other reviewers that this formulation is thick and doesn`t spread easily on the skin, but personally, I haven`t had that problem. I don`t really use tons of it, just a tiny dollop from which I apply small pin tip portions all over my face, followed with a massage. I use it every other night right after applying Niacinamide (from the same brand), and so far I haven`t experienced any adverse reactions. I alternate my Niacinamide+Azelaic Acid with Niacinamide/Differin at night. In the mornings I use Resveratrol/Ferulic Acid mixed with Vitamin C daily. This routine was introduced slowly, because it can be irritating, and now this is working fine with no breakouts or irritation, so I am doing it on an every day basis. I have already repurchased back-ups of this acid.

on 11/15/2018 11:13:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

MY ROSACEA: I'm 45 and have had rosacea for 25 years. It's been getting worse since I hit my 40s. On top of redness on my cheeks, nose and chin, I developed little bumps, pustules and almost every pore near my nose and chin were enlarged, angry and red. In the winter I get small dry red plaques on my cheeks. I don't flush unless I try new products, drink alcohol or go outside in strong winter winds.

It was getting more difficult to cover my rosacea with makeup as my oily T zone developed a top layer of rough broken skin that my foundation accentuated. Last month I bought a bunch of new things to try base on reviews here and on YouTube.

I never write reviews, because most products never help, at best they just didn't make things worse. I've seen such improvements in the last month I had to come here and share.

WHAT I TRIED SO FAR - PM routine:

Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid - 1 month
Ordinary Rosehip Oil - 1 month
Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA - 1 week
Ordinary Azelaic Acid - 1 week

RESULTS SO FAR:
I can't believe it, after 1 month the texture of my skin is the best since I was a teenager. It is smooth and hydrated and this is happening as the temperatures have dropped to winter levels!!! The bumps are reduced by 80%, my redness by at least 60% and my pores have shrunk and are no longer irritated. All of this for less than $30 CND. I noticed improvements as I introduced each new products, so it's not just one thing working, it seems to be the combo.

AZELAIC ACID:
I find it's best to gently tap this on last after applying a moisterizer. It's quite drying otherwise. I just tap a thin layer into my red areas each night. The other products helped with the bumps, but this has sped up the process.

on 10/26/2018 12:16:00 PM

Really like this product - helps to brighten my skin tone. I am oily and have mini breakouts regularly - I find this really helps to heal my breakouts and even out my skin tone. I think to get the full benefit it is important to ensure you exfoliate your skin regularly (in combination with a regular cleanse, tone and moisturise regime) otherwise it won’t make much difference to dead skin cells. For the price, it’s a good pick me up for the skin.

I initially was super into this bc it definitely brightened my skin, however after a couple of months I was noticing tiny...papules I guess would be the most accurate description on my skin - not everywhere, just a couple on my face? They would surface and go within a couple of days, then come back! It was weird.

So I stopped using it for a day and it literally stopped...so I don't know - it might be fine for people with non-acne prone skin?
My skin is combo. Pretty disappointed bc the price is so great, I might try the Paula's Choice one but worried the same thing might happen anyway!

on 10/13/2018 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was willing to give this a shot given that I’ve used azelaic acid in prescription form before. The price point is great and the design of the whole Ordinary line is visually appealing. But as for results- this is supposed to improve visible brightness and the appearance of skin texture, both things my skin needs- this did not deliver. I didn’t care for the nutty scent, which seems to have dissipated over time, nor did I care about the constant balling up. Blobs of this product remained on my fingers as I unsuccessfully tried to smooth this over my face without it pilling everywhere. After yet another catastrophic failure with this product after prepping my face with several other products, I’m done. I’m not going to waste any more time trying to baby this so it won’t ruin the rest of my skincare routine. I wouldn’t buy anything else from this line even if it remained in business.

on 10/12/2018 9:11:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I use several Deciem products but this is one of my absolute favourites. It goes on so easily, never greasy or rubbery. Just a smooth, soothing cream / serum that goes on beautifully over my Matrixyl and under my daily SPF. I really hope the recent news of Deciem closing shop isn’t true.

Was pleasantly surprised by how amazing this product is!! It feels incredible on the skin, smoothes it out beautifully once applied, leaving a finish similar, if not better, than most actual primers I've tried (and believe me, I've tried many!) - even though it's advertized as a serum only!
The finish is matte, but since I wear it underneath a moisturizer, that's not an issue for me.
Thank you, The Ordinary, for being so original (azelaic acid!) in a product formulation, straightforward as to offer products that give our skin substances it truly loves (because this is just one example!), and let alone, for being so affordable!
Couldn't recommend your brand more!

on 9/30/2018 9:06:00 AM

It is an exceptionally elegant medical grade Azelaic Acid formula for an excellent price.

Comparing it to Finacea (15% Azelaic Acid) and Skinoren (20% Azelaic Acid), it is definitely a winner when it comes to finish on the skin and mildness while delivering the same results without the excessive irritation that a higher concentration Azelaic Acid product could do.

Where Deciem did a good job is selecting very mild emollients (Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone) and leaving out glycols in all forms creating a superior product that is non-penetrating and mild and will deliver the Azelaic Acid also in a more time-release manner: slower, over time. This will also provide a longer lasting effect on the skin.

The inclusion of silicone raw-materials (Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer and Polysilicone-11) will also aid the time-release delivery and will provide elegance to the product.

Azelaic Acid will aid the healing of inflammation and also counteract acne (and rosacea). It is an alpha-hydroxy acid that is naturally found in corn having excellent exfoliating, anti-inflammatory and strong anti-oxidant properties when applied topically.

The formula from The Ordinary does deliver both on clearing acne and also hyper-pigmentation.

What I miss is a bit more fluidity that would aid an easier application providing more slip.

I would recommend using the product only if you have problems with acne or rosacea. Starting applying it sparingly twice a week to begin with and increasing application to once (or even twice) a day. Apply always on clean and dry skin and only the smallest amount. This formula is easily absorbed and allows the application of a moisturizer immediately.
I did not experience problems in the form of balling/pilling after application of other products.

In case of sever acne, it can be combined with retinol/tretinoin at night and Azelaic Acid in the morning. You should be well accustomed to both actives before using them simultaneously! The irritation potential of using them in combination is increased several folds.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone, Azelaic Acid, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polysilicone-11, Isohexadecane, Tocopherol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Isoceteth-20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin

on 9/5/2018 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I jumped on the Ordinary bandwagon and just went crazy. By far, this brand is one of the best skincare finds of the century. Most of the products worked well for me and considering the price, I really don't have any complaints. However, as always, some products work better than others.

Love love love azelaid acid! It's very comfortable going on and leaves a smooth, matte finish like a primer for foundation. It's gentle, yet works well to reduce acne and textures on your skin. A keeper.

on 8/14/2018 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This didn't do a whole lot other than even out my skintone, but for the price and since it's the only azelaic acid product I can get my hands on I will buy it again. I did quickly notice my redness go down and my skin always feels very soft, but it has done little about my hormonal acne. It's hard to spread so you need to use quite a large amount and will run out quickly but for the price I definitely think it's worth what it does, I'll just have to find another product for my acne.