Neal's Yard Back Brush (Dry Brushing)

Neal's Yard Back Brush (Dry Brushing)

1 review

Not tested on animals

on 1/25/2017 1:40:00 PM

Update: March. 2017 Hm, I think the bristles have softened up quite a bit. I would prefer if they gave off a harsher rub. Would not repurchase.

I'm pregnant and am currently having a hard time bending in the shower, so decided to purchase a brush with a long handle and thought one that is for dry brushing would be nice. I had never dry brushed before so I can't really compare this to a previous product.
It has a really long handle, 33cm from the end of the handle up to the lower base of the brush head (facing me).
It was really rough at first, maybe because I used it as a regular brush wetting it and using it in conjunction with my shower gel as a sponge? However, when I used it as a dry brush, there was definitely a difference in my skin's texture afterwards, so I only use it this way now beforehand.
I don't think it's rough, i.e. I don't cringe or anything and I really scrub hard but it's not soft either. It does leave a white cast/shade where you have brushed and my skin does feel much smoother afterwards.
I'm pleased with it overall.
Tip: Should you wet the brush, do leave it outdoors to air and dry seeing the navel of the brush head was starting to form tiny cracks when left in my bathroom after using it wet.
Next I would like to try one out from the body shop.

Taken from the website:

With its natural bristles, long handle, and removable brush head, this essential beauty tool makes light work of exfoliating your skin and helps to stimulate your circulation.

Improves skin tone and texture
Gently exfoliates and helps to boost circulation
Made from natural plant fibres and sustainably sourced beech wood
How to use:

Use daily to dry brush before showering or bathing. Use long sweeping strokes, always working towards the heart. Be firm on sluggish areas and gentler on areas where your skin is sensitive.

Care tips:

Wash the brush with soap and warm water and dry with the bristles facing down to allow the water to drip off the brush.

Popular Body Skincare Products