Chanel Chanel rouge allure ink

No Image

3.8

on 4/12/2018 8:16:00 AM

I absolutely love this lip colour. I have bought many luxury lipsticks in my time, and this is by far the best. So far I only have one colour - Amoureux - but I am going to buy more today. Amoureux is my perfect MLBB colour. It looks sleek and sophisticated for work, and yet natural for weekends, just smoothed in a little more. The packaging is beautiful and easy to carry around, and I love the frosted glass effect. I especially like the fact that it is small - even though it is expensive! - as I have taken to carrying it around with me. The colour does not last as long as I would like - a couple of hours, less if drinking or eating, but it fades evenly and naturally, which has been an issue with other recent expensive purchases. I am prepared to keep buying it, because of the colour, the ease of application, the lack of stickiness and the lovely packaging. Like one of the other reviewers, I see myself ditching all my other lip products and just keeping this in my bag.

on 10/2/2017 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this lovely lipstick liquid in #162. It is smooth and moist on my lip. And it also long lasting lip color. I'm very glad to purchase this no doubt is an expensive lipstick but its done a good job.

Bought this in the lightest shade 'Amoueux'...Its quite a garish pink considering its supposed to be MLBB. I like the application and it doesnt settle too matte but - its overpriced and the range of colours are teeny. I am sending this back

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Edit @ 4Aug2017- I still stand by my rave reviews. Got my 4th Ink today - #144 Vivant. Gorgeous colour on my. When on my lips, I look absolutely bright and cheery. Vivant is definitely my favourite of the lot. I'll buy in dozens and stock up if they should ever discontinue Rouge Ink!
----------------------
In two months, I bought 3 of these Rouge Ink - 142 Creatif, 148 Libere, 152 Choquant.
142 Creatif is my first foray into liquid lipsticks. In between, I've tried the other brands and I dare say, at the end of the day, I will give up the rest and just keep these Chanel Rouge Ink.
Matte but not too matte. I still apply a thin layer of balm beneath. Only think is I wish they come in a wider range of colours. Despite this, and owning 3 out of 8 colours in just over two months say a lot of how I love them.

on 1/25/2017 1:32:00 PM

This is a matt liquid lipstick that comes in a bottle with a sponge applicator. I have it in the Vivant shade, which is a warm pinky peach. I thought the ink would be a long lasting medium and it isn't bad on that front. I do find it a bit drying although I always moisturise my lips before applying any lip product as a matter of course anyway.

I can't really get on with the matt finish and always end up applying a gloss lipstick in a matching shade over the top. This does work reasonably well: when the gloss lipstick has worn off, you're still left with the ink underneath which lasts much longer.

On balance, it was a nice diversion, but I probably wouldn't buy it again - I'll try something else new.