Acure Organics Rosehip Oil

No Image

4.8

Love love love. Lightweight oil packed with vitamin A. I use only at night and it doesn't make my oily skin any oilier the next day. I haven't used long enough to see anti aging benefits and i'm not sure if I'd use it as my only anti aging prevention but it's a lovely oil to layer on top of serums in place of your nighttime moisturizer. No breakouts either and smells fabulous.

on 4/9/2018 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

Either one, Rosehip oil or the Argan oil are perfect for my face. Nice base for makeup. Probably best for older faces and/or night product too before bed.

I have recently started using this at night in place of a regular moisturizer and I'll never go back. This has been amazing at keeping my skin hydrated yet still allowing it to breathe. Rosehip oil is said to be a balancing oil I believe that to be true. With my oily/combination skin I find when I've used this that my skin appears to be producing far less oil than before. Another benefit of Rosehip oil is that overtime and can help even out skin tone. I have noticed that my overall tone appears to be more even now as well. For the money, this has been one of the best products I've put in my face in a very long time.

on 4/3/2017 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I feel conflicted about this oil. It is tremendous at moisturing and treating dry, dehydrated skin.I typically get very dry during the winter but my skin felt moist the entire winter and I didn't have a single flake on my face HOWEVER the oil sits on top of your skin, doesn't absorb very well and makes you look very shiny. I mean grease ball shiny and I've used my fair share of facial oils. You'll need a lot of powder after your foundation if you're going to use this in the morning.

There's one other downside that bothers me more than the disco ball action I've got going on with my face; doesn't smell so great- kind of like fish oil. I'm usually okay with scents as they typically go away but this one lingers for a bit and because it doesn't absorb onto your skin, it'll get onto your pillows, stay on your pillows and make your room smell not so pleasant. I remember thinking one day, hmmm..why doesn't my room smell fresh anymore (I'm a bit of a clean freak and wipe everything almost every day) and I realized it was my pillow case. I change my pillow cases twice a week but even one day with this oil was too much.

So if you're okay with a facial oil that is tremendously effective but will leave you smelling a bit like fish oil along with anything your face rests on, then you've got yourself a great product here for a phenomenal price.

For all others, steer clear.

This stuff is brilliant and cost-effective. It's this lovely, slippery golden oil that is the answer to your sensitive, dry skin nightmares. I put 3 or 4 drops in my moisturizer both AM and PM and it boosts the staying power of your creams without sitting on your skin. It won't make your skin super slick and shiny--it's still perfectly good under makeup (I use it in conjunction with Avene's Skin Recovery Cream underneath my foundation) and it has not broken me out--and I have unbearably sensitive skin. I even daub a bit on during the day if I'm feeling like my skin's dried out. You can pat a bit on over your foundation without ruining it. I really don't ever plan on giving this glorious stuff up.