L'Oreal Paris Micellar Cleansing Water Complete Cleanser Waterproof All Skin Types

3.8

917083 AQUA/WATERCYCLOPENTASILOXANEISOHEXADECANEPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATESODIUM CHLORIDEHEXYLENE GLYCOLDIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATEDISODIUM EDTADECYL GLUCOSIDEPOLYAMINOPROPYL BIGUANIDEF.I.L.

on 8/6/2018 6:09:00 PM

This was my first try ever using micellar water, was excited to try this after reading reviews. The layer of oily stuff should have been my first clue despite the claims of it being oil free. I shook the crap out of the bottle before then between each of the four cotton rounds it took to remove my makeup. My skin felt like a total oilslick afterwards, couldn’t stand the feeling so I washed my face right away. I could see *maybe* using this product as a remover only, didn’t leave my face feeling clean at all. Bummer.

on 8/6/2017 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Of the dual phase makeup removers I've used, this has been the worst. Even when I followed the directions--shook the bottle, soaked a cotton and held it over my eyelid, it wouldn't effectively remove non-waterproof concealer. To remove the makeup, I had to rub more, and harder--not good. And, even in areas where I didn't have to rub, such as my neck, it irritated my skin within a couple days of use, even though I washed it off with a second (gentle) cleanser. I changed this one thing in my routine, so it is clear that the L'Oreal Micellar Cleansing Water was the culprit. Who cares if it is fragrance-free with good ingredients if it still doesn't work and causes irritation? Big fail.

on 5/8/2017 3:55:00 PM

Holy cr*p! I was skeptical, but this stuff actually works on my waterproof makeup with SO much less residue than other two-part removers. I took one lippie off because of the ten-buck price tag, but I WILL buy again as it will last me much longer for the dollar than other two-part makeup removers.

on 4/19/2017 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This works great...exept it makes my eyes feel like I poured acid in them. Poor eyeballs. In the packaging it says it's not safe to get inside the eyes, but right next to the warning they say to hold a cotton round saturated with it over your eyeballs!

So this is a NO GO as an eye MU remover (Use Simple dual effect eye mu remover for your eyes instead) , but it's a great long wearing FACE makeup remover. I wipe a cotton round saturated with it on my face as a pre cleanse. Then I follow to remove it with a wet cotton round before washing my face to avoid it ending up in my eyes when I splash my face or something. YES it is that bad if it gets in your eyes.

Have to give it 4 lippies because it's cleaning power is above average with a pleasant texture and doesnt dry the skin out. Can't give it 5 because you CANNOT use this on your eyes safely.

I will repeat, if you have sensitive eyes, do not use this around your eyes. Buy SIMPLE dual effect eye makeup remover instead. It works great and doesnt sting. Is a bi-phase formula as well.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've only used a drugstore competitors micellar water (pink cap) and I think the formula is perfect! However, this stuff is more expensive and it's sooo greasy feeling that I have to immediately wash my face afterwards. It does remove makeup, but not as efficiently as my other micellar water, because I have to use 2 cotton pads with the L'oreal as opposed to 1 with the competitors micellar water , and it feels like I'm just smearing makeup around my face with oil. Not a fan, I love the packaging though (which was why I was originally drawn to try it), but I'll stick with the Garnier, save a few coins.

on 3/24/2017 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

For eons I've been a devoted fan of DHC Deep Cleansing Oil as step one in my two-step cleansing process (step two is washing with Kirk's Fragrance Free Castile bar soap). However, the DHC is pretty pricey and also has to be ordered online, both of which are problematic. So, after reading and hearing about micellar water for a while, I decided to give the L'Oreal Micellar Waterproof Cleansing Water a try.

I was skeptical that this product would really be able to remove waterproof mascara, but amazingly it did a stupendous job! As the previous reviewers stated, it's gentle, doesn't leave a greasy film, no icky scent, and works quickly. I paid about $10 at my local pharmacy and will definitely be repurchasing when this runs out.

P.S. This product gets 5 stars on Beautypedia--doesn't get much better than that!

on 1/21/2017 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This micellar water blew me away as it is effective, yet gentle enough to remove my waterproof mascara with ease. In the past, I was let down by Garnier's micellar water (pink cap) because it felt drying and I wasn't fond of the earthy smell. I decided to give micellar water another chance by purchasing this particular product at Walgreens for about $10. First of all, this is pricier than Garnier's and they both contain 13.5 oz/ 400 mL of product. This comes in a tall rectangular bottle with a blue cap and the formula does resemble the Garnier waterproof one as a clear bi phase. There is no scent or fragrance added in this, which pleases me the most.

I soaked a cotton pad with the product before gently pressing it over my lashes while closing my eyes and held it there for about 15 seconds before lightly sweeping it off. My HG Japanese waterproof mascara (Kiss Me Heroine Make Volume and Curl Super Waterproof) came off with ease. My eye area didn't feel greasy or sticky with any residue compared to other bi-phase removers. It also didn't feel drying at all. I used a second soaked cotton pad and went back over the same area again, which it came back clean. Afterwards I used this on the rest of my face and my skin felt refreshed. I haven't tried this by itself as I always double cleanse in my skincare routine after removing my makeup. Nonetheless this micellar water is amazing and I truly believe it's worth buying! I'll definitely repurchase this again, especially if it's on sale.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Out of all the cleansing waters I've tried, this one is the best! I don't use it every night but it's very convenient laying on my nightstand or having a few cottons pre-soaked for when I need to remove my makeup or wash my face without using a sink. It removes makeup really easily and leaves neither a moisturizing nor a matte film, just clean skin. I have never had this much ease-of-removal when taking off my waterproof/long-lasting eyeliner, mascara, foundation, lipstick, etc. with a Micellar water. I had to rub much less than with the Garnier, Simple, or Bioderma so it was removed a lot faster. I think a sink, water-soluble cleanser, and silicone/oil-based makeup remover get the job done with a lot less rubbing but with a lot more hassle. My favorite part is that none of the ingredients have to be washed off and while it's not the skincare miracle others claim to be, it doesn't have any bad ingredients either. I keep this in my nightstand and some fragrance free baby wipes. If it gets into your eyes though, they might get a little cloudly from the ingredients but I just use the baby wipes over the micellar water to get rid of that and it's not as bad as straight oil or silicone around the eye. I didn't get any stinging but my eyes aren't particularly raw either. I like that I have ro rub less than with other micellar waters so there's damage to that delicate area also. Definitely don't wear contacts when makeup removing though. The cloudiness is actually similar to excess saline solution in the eye. This isn't quite as cheap as cleanser and an oil-free makeup remover but it's also a lot more convenient. It's a bit pricy compared to the others in the drugstore, so look for coupons and sales!

Popular Face Skincare Products