wet n wild Perfect Pout Gel Lip Balm

wet n wild Perfect Pout Gel Lip Balm

3.3

on 1/8/2018 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

A good basic, inexpensive balm with some sheer colour to it. Not long wearing but decently moisturizing and looks really nice layered over a coordinating lip stain. I've got the shade Tell and it's similar to Maybelline Baby Lips in Oh Orange for a couple dollars less.

on 1/3/2018 3:28:00 PM

Not great but also not the worst tinted balm out there. Cheesy packaging and cheap price. No noticeable scent or taste, which is good. Formula is not really moisturizing except for immediately after application. Goes on smoothly with no grit. Not lasting at all - disappears in moments. The color I got (the light pink) looks like the cheap lipsticks that come in toy makeup kits once applied. Toss.

on 12/28/2017 12:20:00 AM

I really wanted to like these but I ended up hating almost everything about it. (I bought Rule, Love and Shock.) They feel way too greasy and slimey, smear all over my mouth no matter how careful I am when applying because the tips are way too round, and the colors aren't flattering. I'm not so much mad about the colors because I know not every shade is made for me or my skin tone. That being said, one of the three I purchased should at least look decent. More unforgiving con is the heavy, sticky feeling, almost like I rubbed Crisco on my lips. To get any color payoff you have to put at least 4 layers of product which makes an already greasy, heavy balm 10x worse. A good thing is that they don't really have a scent. Summing up, 1-5, definitely not buying these ever again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Wet N Wild Gel Lip Balms are exactly like the Maybelline Baby Lips, except they're a dollar cheaper. They came in some very pretty shades and feel nice and moist on the lips. The pigmentation is good, and they're a breeze to apply. For people complaining about the longevity of this product, they're tinted lip balms, they're not meant to last hours on your lips. If you're looking for all day wear, get a liquid lipstick or lip stain instead.

on 7/8/2017 12:02:00 PM

To me, this manages to be greasy and waxy at the same time. It gave me a kind of patchy or streaky look, because the pigment collects in any texture/lines on my lips. It reminds me of a child's play lipstick. If I had a little niece or daughter, I would give it to her. I just threw it away.

on 6/9/2017 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have this in Play. My first impression was that it was way too pink, it definitely collects on any unexfoliated skin on your lips, plus it didn't feel so hydrating. I gave it to my little sister immediately. Months later I wanted to give it a second chance & accidentally bought the same shade AGAIN! -_- But this time my lips were less dry & now I can appreciate how it gives my lips a nice lively flush of pink on my lips that look natural. My few complaints are that the packaging is a little chunky & any moisturizing effects are extremely short-lasting. It even reminds me of cheap high school lip balms...

I have this in the shade Play and I quite like it! It's sheer but actually pretty bright. I really like the color, it brightens up my face just a bit without feeling too overdone. It's not long-lasting but the formula is smooth and feels good on. The smell/taste are pretty minimal to me. For only a couple bucks, I'd say this one is worth trying.

on 3/23/2017 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I hated this stuff. Yes it left my lips moist however the color looked chalky. My lips were a little chaffed from the winter and this accentuated it to the 10th degree. The pink one looks like a frost, sorry but I would not buy this again and I'm looking for someone to give my other one to.

on 3/23/2017 11:27:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I picked this up at Walgreens last night in the color Rule. It's a sheer purple tone that I love and was hunting for.

I love the slick feel of this, very moisturizing. The only weird thing is the smell. It smells like popcorn to me. Is that the coconut oil?

I don't like the bullet sticking out of the top of the tube, but that's standard WnW packaging. Drives me nuts.

I might try this in other colors.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I purchased Rule, the purple color. It is the closest dupe to fresh Sugar Plum I've found. The color of fresh Plum is my HG, but some of the ingredients made my lips flaky & I don't like eating oxybenzone so I've been on the search for that nice, plummy MLBB color but without the ick ingredients. This color is beautiful, a little brighter, pinker & more transparent than fresh Plum. It looks & wears exactly as it is advertised - glossy gel/balm hybrid. This will do for now, but I will continue to search for something with a little more color, a little more balmy, less shine, a little longer lasting.