Algenist REVEAL Concentrated Luminizing Drops

Algenist REVEAL Concentrated Luminizing Drops

on 7/17/2018 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was lucky and found an unopened bottle of this at TJMaxx. I didn't really *need* luminizing drops - I just wanted to try them out. I have the color Champagne, which is a good choice for my light-medium, yellow skin tone.

I didn't really expect much from these. I've tried a couple of different luminizing drops in the past: Soleil Tan De Chanel Illuminating Fluid, Missha Diamond Pearl BB, CoverFX Custom Enhancer Drops in Moonlight, and swatched a lot of things in stores. Far most of the time, the luminizing particles seemed too big for my liking - I don't want to have a glittery face - I want *glow*! I think many of the older illuminators might have had silvery particles that were more obvious that the newer things on the market today

The way I like to use these is to mix them in with my foundation for those days when my skin has an even texture and color - when there isn't much I need to correct with concealer after, without revealing that I've used an illuminator - the glow is really soft and doesn't really enhance texture in skin. The girl at the register at TJMaxx said she used the drops too, but in the color Pearl (she was about NW20). She used them mixed in with her sunscreen (diluting sunscreen isn't really good though...), and I couldn't tell at all that she was wearing makeup.

If you want a subtle, natural, non-makeup-like glow, I would recommend trying these out. My biggest issue with these is the price: $38 for half a fluid ounce...! That's expensive. I don't regret buying these for the $13 I paid for them, but, depending on how long it's going to take to finish these, I might look out for something else

I came across this little gem at Winners for $12CAD! I have seen these in Sephora for $50 so figured they must be discontinued, but they are still on the Sephora site. For the price I decided to scoop these up seeing the good reviews. I am not disappointed. They are lovely as a highlight, and are subtle enough for me - late 40s so I don't want a glow that can be seen from the moon. However, the best use I've found is mixed with my ELDW. I love the longevity of the foundation, and a few drops of this mixed in gives such a pretty, gentle glow. It also makes the ELDW a bit easier to spread & blend. Interested in mixing with some of my other foundations to see the results. I just may go back and snag another bottle - for $12 I can't go wrong!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have these drops in both Champagne and Rose, which came in a nice, value-priced "duo set". I love these drops. They are so brightening and luminizing. The results are really beautiful, however I use these - mixed with foundation/CC cream, mixed with moisturizer, on their own all over my face or as targeted highlighters. I love the dropper so that I can get just the amount I want without waste and I can also deposit the drops just where I want them if I want to use this as a more intense, concentrated highlighter. I will say that the necks on the bottles are small and can make it a bit tricky and messy to put the dropper back onto the container but if I'm careful, this isn't a problem and I'm guessing that the full sized bottles have a somewhat larger opening.

on 4/16/2017 9:47:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My favourite highlighter as of now and probably for a long time. It's such a beautiful healthy sheen with no glitter, it's not not a crazy bright highlighter but just perfectly glowy. Another plus for me that it dries down to the touch and does not stay sticky or dewy.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love anything that comes in drop form. It makes it so easy for application, and keeps everything clean.

These drops offer a beautiful sun-kisses, natural, glowy finish. They can be incorporated into moisturizer, foundation, or worn on top as a highlighter.

They also offer a variety of shades, if you want more of a golden or pink finish.

They aren't as pigmented as Cover FX drops, but are more subtle for everyday use.

I love them, and would highly suggest.