Hard Candy nail polish

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So I purchased 2 colors: Sky and Mr. Wrong

Sky: looks like perfection in the bottle. However this one is a hot mess to apply, super streaky. Need to have a coat that is neither too thick or too thin for decent application. This one chipped like crazy. No longer use this as my "sky blue" nail color.

Mr. Wrong: first off love the name on this one. It is a purple with fine gold glitter polish. Opaque in 2 coats.. Wear time is average. I like to pair it with a totally gold glitter accent finger.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Back in the 90's HC was a great line of hard to find, fun and pop colors. I liked it so much. Still a fan - but the formula seems not to wear as well. Still love the marketing and packaging.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I never tried the polishes that came with the ring but I have a few of the new ones in the tall roundish bottle. They have some interesting colors but truth be told I just don't really care for them. The glitters/toppers become goopy very fast and perform as though they don't have any clear base in them at all. The shimmer colors are sheer and need 3 coats, and don't have any lasting power at all. No matter what base or top coats I use this polish will start chipping like a mofo very soon. They retail for 4 bucks at Walmart and I don't think they're worth the price - 4 bucks might not be the most pricey but in my opinion they are since you can buy 2 dollar polishes that work so much better.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have one in silver I louve the heart- ring, and that I love it so much, I got more from Walmart pink, sky blue, and black once Sephora disclntiend it what a shame, hard candy rocks andsmells like real candy especially the lipstick and lipglosses. Kinda reminds me o fNicka - K nail art (similar smells)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I got this in the color Sweet Tooth, a blueish white enamel with blue sparkles.
It doesn't show up on the nails, you might get like two sparkles on every nail with every coat. The blueish white enamel looks transparent. Only pro is that it dries relatively fast. If I could give this zero lippies I would!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought about 7 from the new lines. The ones without the glitter work well. The ones with the glitter are great but after a few months, they become thick and even after using nail polish thinner, they never really work the same.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've sampled pretty widely from the new HC nail polish line (the one that came out about a year ago) and have been very impressed overall with the color selection and formulas. I have particularly fallen in love with the Sprinkles line, and am sad that that they have already discontinued a few from that line to make way for more glitters. These polishes have a thinner formula, but apply very well and last a good while on me. $4 is a little pricey for such a small polish (0.26 oz) but I feel like the unique colors make up for it. I only wish that these were available at other stores rather than being Walmart exclusive :/ I think I have 9 total, but my favorites are Gummy Green, Sugar Rush, Black Tie Optional and Bite of Black. There are still a few more than I would like to get, but I don't get to Walmart all that often. Hoping these become more widely available!

I have roughly 6 of these polishes (from the new collection). They are all easy to apply, are unique and last a decent amount of time. These do have formaldehyde in them unlike most of the polishes out there. I would probably repurchase more shades in the future.

I bought this in Crush on Carribean, a sort of blue-green iridescent color. It's gorgeous in the bottle. However, the formula is very thin...it helps it go on smooth but it's definitely a two-three coater. It takes forever to dry, but some SV helped with that. I usually will get a week or so of wear out of my polishes, but this one started wearing at the nail tips just hours later, even with top coat, which is very disappointing. I'll still use it, but I have reservations about buying this brand again since I can get much better polishes for cheaper.

I love the colors in the 'Crush on' line, even colors I don't normally wear like the yellow. But the formula is very thing, so it takes multiple coats and the wear is awful. There is tip wear almost immediately, and it even peels from the cuticle end of the nail.

I've tried it with different base coats and even clear top coats, and the problems persist. I can only hope that they improve it because I am in love with Crush on Lava and some of the others like the hot pink and the fluorescent green.

Popular Polishes