MAC Velvet Teddy Shadescents

No Image

3.8

on 11/21/2017 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a rich, strong, slightly sweet scent of cloves grounded by tobacco. It's lush and deep and dead sexy; this could easily work on a warm yet mysterious person of any gender. It has a very old fashioned aura to it. Velvet Teddy lasts for a solid 16 hours on my skin. So beautiful, if you like cloves. Not at all what I expected from the description on MAC's Web site; I'm glad I chose it for my sample over all the others!

on 10/6/2017 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Okay, I got a free sample of this from MAC when I ordered online, and I was excited to try it out based on the reviews I read here. Well, I received my order today and tried this out right away. I had to run to the bathroom to wash it off my wrists, it honestly smelled so offensive to me. Like a cheap, cloying, old-man cologne. I am normally a fan of almost all perfumes, but I have never smelled anything like this before. Truly not pleasing at all to the nose. Very sharp, intense, and unappealing. The sample went right in the garbage.

on 3/26/2017 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I received a set of the new Shadescent samples which a recent order and this was was the first one I tried. It's almost a dupe for Tom Ford's Tob. Vanilla; if you like that, run, do not walk to try this. My husband went bananas for this scent; he said I smelled like the most expensive Cuban cigar in history. I am giving it to him-I like to wear men's cologne, but this aggressively masculine, and you have to love the tobacco note. I'm not as talented as many people here are when they describe fragrance, but the scent does last and seems complex.

on 1/13/2017 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

According to MAC, the notes are ginger zest, bergamot, tobacco flower, vanilla orchid, golden mimosa, wild honey, papyrus, liquid musk, and tonka. On me, it reminded me of a tobacco woody scent and I believe it could be passed as an unisex scent. I was hoping for something close to MAC's long discontinued MV2. I will not purchase.

on 2/24/2017 6:04:00 PM

Just got a sample of this with my MAC order. I haven't tried all of these yet but this one is very nice. I would describe it as a spicy, chocolately scent with a bit of tropical floral mixed in. It's quite unique and I am considering buying the full size, but I really want to try the others first before I decide. I feel like it's more of a night time scent but YMMV. If you like spicy scents give it a try. Diggin' it!

on 9/7/2017 1:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Well, color me pleasantly surprised. This is a reasonably priced very high quality fragrance. If you don't like woody fragrances, if you don't care for a bit of spice, avoid this like the bubonic. If your ideal fragrance is a fruity floral, a fragrance version of your dyer sheets, or something that smells like amped up shampoo, run for the Ozarks.

On the other hand, if you love the vanilla and smoke duet of Habanita, the vanilla and cedar harmony of Un Bois Vanille, if you like your spices and fireplaces sweetened with a bit of honey, and vanilla pipe smoke makes you swoon, give this a whirl.

This is powerful stuff so take it easy. Too much will clear the room. A touch will make others lean in closely.

There are definite notes of woods, vanilla, honey and musk. It's not a fragrance to wear to church, unless it's a midnight mass, and you're presenting someone with an early gift. Like a plum pudding with a whisky custard, eaten in front of a roaring fire.

Popular Fragrances