A comforting warm, spicy/sweet fall scent that has excellent lasting power, even after 1 spritz (never needed more than 2). I get an initial blast of spice - mostly cinnamon, clove, ginger and plenty of vanilla with just a hint of tobacco. After an hour or so the honey note overtakes the secondary notes: spice, tonka and musk, and really comes into its own.
Now I must point out the 'urine' comparisons by some reviewers are not exactly untrue...when honey in a fragrance is the predominant note, it can bear more than a passing initial half-second resemblance to urine. I know this from back in the days when I used to use L'Occitane's honey shower gel (not even an actual perfume spray) and many hours later work colleagues would tell me that's exactly what i smelled like! This on the other hand, with so many gourmand notes, doesn't allow the honey to play centre stage at any point, at least not on my skin, although reading some of the other reviews, it's clear how each persons' skin effuses the notes differently, hence the vast differences in opinion.
Longevity is fantastic - can be detected by anyone within a couple of feet for up to 12 hours. Very similar to Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille but softer and drier, also its downplaying of the 'tobacco' note which gives it ever such a slightly more feminine edge. Despite that this could easily be worn by a man, although due to its packaging and marketing I suspect very few men will ever try it.
~ My HG list ~
(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)
1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment